Film review: Jerick McKinnon 'seems fresh,'

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Film review: Jerick McKinnon 'seems fresh,'

Post by dead_poet »

McKinnon revitalized the receiving back position in Minnesota. His 51 receptions this season were the most by a Vikings back since Moe Williams in 2003.
With just one catch for nine yards, he’s largely been shelved as a receiving option the last two games. Expect Case Keenum to find McKinnon (a pending free agent this spring) again when the playoffs come to Minnesota on Jan. 14.

Let's take a look at McKinnon’s recent play, which could help fuel a Vikings playoff run. Here to help is Dan Hatman, a former NFL scout and Director of Scouting Development at The Scouting Academy.
http://www.startribune.com/film-review- ... ign=buffer
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Film review: Jerick McKinnon 'seems fresh,'

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Nice video segment.

I loved the screen play at the end. Watch Elflein. He destroys his man at the snap, then gets 10 yards out in front of McKinnon on the screen. He blocked at least 3 guys on that play. Incredible work by the rookie. We need him healthy for the playoffs.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

I could easily see the Vikes running some of the same dual back running/pass plays that the Saints run. Murray and McKinnon could easily handle it.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

TeamChaplain wrote:I could easily see the Vikes running some of the same dual back running/pass plays that the Saints run. Murray and McKinnon could easily handle it.
I agree....would love to see that. Which begs the question.....wonder what Shurmur has left in the playbook that we have yet to see?
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

autobon7 wrote: I agree....would love to see that. Which begs the question.....wonder what Shurmur has left in the playbook that we have yet to see?
How about passing on first down sometimes? :whistle: