Playoff scenarios

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

cmoss84
Veteran

Re: Playoff scenarios

Post by cmoss84 »

Thomas Davis just got suspended the final 2 games...which does not help Carolina at all.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

dead_poet wrote:Tossing this nugget here: Packers re-signed QB Joe Callahan. Might be a sign that if Atlanta wins they shut Rodgers down.
Now McCarthy said Rodgers took too many hits and is "sore." Signing Callahan might have been more than a guy if Rodgers is shut down due to being eliminated. Sounds like there's a chance he doesn't play due to injury.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote: Now McCarthy said Rodgers took too many hits and is "sore." Signing Callahan might have been more than a guy if Rodgers is shut down due to being eliminated. Sounds like there's a chance he doesn't play due to injury.
I think we win even with Erin, but they are too much like the Patriots. They are so lucky. And they would love to try and take the chance of a bye from us.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

We're just a short time from the Pukers being eliminated. Atlanta just went up 10 over Tampa in the 4th.

It will be great to own those losers in Lameblow.

UPDATE: Falcons win. Good bye, Green Bay. :rofl:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I'm confident in this Vikings squad but I feel much better knowing there is a 100% chance the Packers will not be winning the super bowl in our stadium.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

In Pat Summerall's voice: There will be no Packers in the playoffs!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

The first great success of playoff season. No Packers! :govikes:

Now if the hated Seahawks could be kind enough to continue their swoon for one more game, they will also be out.

BRING. IT. ON!
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

TSonn wrote:I'm confident in this Vikings squad but I feel much better knowing there is a 100% chance the Packers will not be winning the super bowl in our stadium.
+100

That was literally the worst case scenario, nice to know it's now a 0% chance.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I really don't mind the Lions, but I don't really want to face them in the playoffs. I don't think that there is a team that we can't beat in playoffs if we play to our capabilities.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

If the Vikings win and Carolina loses, will the Vikings clinch a first round bye?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:If the Vikings win and Carolina loses, will the Vikings clinch a first round bye?

Yes. We'd be no worse than 12-4 to their 11-5.

We own tiebreakers against both New Orleans and Los Angeles. One more win from us takes them out of the running for a first-round bye, no matter what they do.

But it's ours no matter what if we win out, and that's what we need to do. We don't want Carolina to sneak in at 12-4 and steal that bye.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I really hate that loss to the Panthers. Even if Minnesota wins, they still can't clinch a bye unless Carolina loses. Even though Minnesota's schedule lines up nicely, I wish this was already handled.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I think the Panthers will lose in Atlanta week 17. No matter what that will be an important game and I trust Matt Ryan in that game more than Cam Newton. So we'll end up the 2 seed with just one win vs GB or CHI.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

It's hard to trust the Falcons. Hope you're right though. They can beat them simply on account of it being a divisional game, but Atlanta should have blown out TB last night, but that just didn't happen. They're not quite the same team as last season and Carolina has been a hot team at the right time. I actually hope they get the 3 seed and Minnesota the 2. If Carolina wins the Wild Card round then they'd play Philly...I prefer that.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Rooting Guide: Week 16
That means that, combined, the Vikings want to cheer in the following ways:

The Oakland Raiders to win against the Philadelphia Eagles
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers to win against the Carolina Panthers
The Atlanta Falcons to win against the New Orleans Saints
The Tennessee Titans to win against the Los Angeles Rams
More at the link:

https://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/a ... r-week-16/
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly