Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

Playoff scenarios
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30127
Page 5 of 6

Author:  PurpleKoolaid [ Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

thats one of the reasons I dont want to see the Saints, their running game is better then our run D it seems.

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
thats one of the reasons I dont want to see the Saints, their running game is better then our run D it seems.



The Saints only average 11 yds/game more than the Vikings. Brees is one of the worst QBs when under pressure. Vikings need to score early and control the run.


Image

Author:  PurpleKoolaid [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

808vikingsfan wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
thats one of the reasons I dont want to see the Saints, their running game is better then our run D it seems.



The Saints only average 11 yds/game more than the Vikings. Brees is one of the worst QBs when under pressure. Vikings need to score early and control the run.


Image


I agree on controlling the run, but they have to run more. And not up the middle every time, especially on first downs. That would be key.

Author:  TeamChaplain [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

I truly look forward to the Vikes hosting either the Saints or the Panthers in the NFCC game. Grudge match against the Saints or just watch Camela Newton crap himself because of the NOISE!

Author:  jackal [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

At home is totally different situation

Then facing a good team on the road..

Author:  Raptorman [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

TeamChaplain wrote:
I truly look forward to the Vikes hosting either the Saints or the Panthers in the NFCC game. Grudge match against the Saints or just watch Camela Newton crap himself because of the NOISE!

That Cam Newton crap annoys me. On his big run during the game, if you watch, Matt Kalil was holding Barr while Newton ran past. Of course the refs missed it. Not saying Barr would have stopped him, but at least he would have had the chance.

Author:  dead_poet [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

What's good, and not-so good, about all of the NFL's playoff contenders

Quote:
MINNESOTA (NFC North winner)

They’re going all the way — The Vikings are tremendous on defense — from Anthony Barr to Xavier Rhodes to Harrison Smith, these guys are smothering. There have been some hiccups lately — in two of the last three games, in fact — but quarterback Case Keenum is having a career year.

They’re doomed — The interior of the offensive line is damaged with guard Nick Easton out and center Pat Elflein hurting. With the way Keenum played against Carolina and Green Bay, it prompts the question: Has the clock struck midnight?


http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp ... story.html

Author:  TeamChaplain [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

Raptorman wrote:
TeamChaplain wrote:
I truly look forward to the Vikes hosting either the Saints or the Panthers in the NFCC game. Grudge match against the Saints or just watch Camela Newton crap himself because of the NOISE!

That Cam Newton crap annoys me. On his big run during the game, if you watch, Matt Kalil was holding Barr while Newton ran past. Of course the refs missed it. Not saying Barr would have stopped him, but at least he would have had the chance.


My wife and I can't stand Cam Newton.

Author:  S197 [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

NFC playoff field:
1) Eagles
2) Vikings
3) Rams
4) Saints
5) Panthers
6) Falcons

Author:  John_Viveiros [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

S197 wrote:
NFC playoff field:
1) Eagles
2) Vikings
3) Rams
4) Saints
5) Panthers
6) Falcons

That means that we can't host the Falcons at home in the first round in any scenario. If they win, they'll go to Philly. If the Rams win, we get the Rams, because everyone else will be a lower seed and will travel to the #1 seed. That game is the evening game on Saturday, so we'll either know about the Rams on Saturday night, or will watch the Saints-Panthers game knowing that we'll face the winner.

At least, I think I've got that right...

Author:  PurpleKoolaid [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

S197 wrote:
NFC playoff field:
1) Eagles
2) Vikings
3) Rams
4) Saints
5) Panthers
6) Falcons


Know which teams play who in the first round of playoffs? I see the Rams beating everyone but us. They have improved since we played them, but then so have we.

Author:  Boon [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

Can someone explain how buffalo got in over the chargers when they finished with the same record and won the head to head matchup?

Author:  autobon7 [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

TeamChaplain wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
TeamChaplain wrote:
I truly look forward to the Vikes hosting either the Saints or the Panthers in the NFCC game. Grudge match against the Saints or just watch Camela Newton crap himself because of the NOISE!

That Cam Newton crap annoys me. On his big run during the game, if you watch, Matt Kalil was holding Barr while Newton ran past. Of course the refs missed it. Not saying Barr would have stopped him, but at least he would have had the chance.


My wife and I can't stand Cam Newton.



You can add me to your group......lol. Fig Newton lol

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

Boon wrote:
Can someone explain how buffalo got in over the chargers when they finished with the same record and won the head to head matchup?
It was a three way tie with Baltimore.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  J. Kapp 11 [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.

Author:  Just Me [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.


Denver already did. I'm hoping the Vikings break theirs in a similar fashion.

Author:  PacificNorseWest [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.


Only Vikings and Bills fans would watch that one. :lol:

Author:  S197 [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

PacificNorseWest wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.


Only Vikings and Bills fans would watch that one. [emoji38]
Good! Cheaper tickets!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Author:  PacificNorseWest [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

True that.

Author:  J. Kapp 11 [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

PacificNorseWest wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.


Only Vikings and Bills fans would watch that one. :lol:

But Chris Berman would be in 7th Heaven, with his beloved Bills getting back to the SB.

Author:  Raz [ Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

Sure miss him on nfl countdown

Author:  S197 [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

Vikings will be the last game of the divisional weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Author:  jackal [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

What are chances we get most of our players (non IR)
back from injury in the payoffs

Author:  Knoxx [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.


Only Vikings and Bills fans would watch that one. :lol:

But Chris Berman would be in 7th Heaven, with his beloved Bills getting back to the SB.

I remember Chris used to be a Viking fan also. He used to wear a purple tie in support of us I believe.

Author:  dead_poet [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

jackal wrote:
What are chances we get most of our players (non IR)
back from injury in the payoffs


I think other than Brock and maybe Ham probably pretty good. Word was Elflein's shoulder injury wasn't new and wasn't overly serious. Not sure how serious Ham's nefk injury is.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

dead_poet wrote:
jackal wrote:
What are chances we get most of our players (non IR)
back from injury in the payoffs


I think other than Brock and maybe Ham probably pretty good. Word was Elflein's shoulder injury wasn't new and wasn't overly serious. Not sure how serious Ham's nefk injury is.
What did Ham do to his nefk? I hate nefk injuries.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  dead_poet [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
jackal wrote:
What are chances we get most of our players (non IR)
back from injury in the payoffs


I think other than Brock and maybe Ham probably pretty good. Word was Elflein's shoulder injury wasn't new and wasn't overly serious. Not sure how serious Ham's nefk injury is.
What did Ham do to his nefk? I hate nefk injuries.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


He spfrained it. A spfrained nefk ef nof a haf haf lafing fing.

Author:  dead_poet [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

Ham said his neck injury will be fine (called it a "stinger"). Nothing was asked or mentioned on his nefk injury, which is troubling. We can't have a FB playing in a playoff game with only one functional nefk.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
[quote="jackal"]What are chances we get most of our players (non IR)
back from injury in the payoffs


I think other than Brock and maybe Ham probably pretty good. Word was Elflein's shoulder injury wasn't new and wasn't overly serious. Not sure how serious Ham's nefk injury is.
What did Ham do to his nefk? I hate nefk injuries.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


He spfrained it. A spfrained nefk ef nof a haf haf lafing fing.[/quote]Oof, my faf.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  S197 [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Playoff scenarios

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Perfect Super Bowl matchup -- Bills vs. Vikings.

Somebody has to break the 4 Super Bowl curse.

Won't happen, but it would be super cool.


Only Vikings and Bills fans would watch that one. :lol:

But Chris Berman would be in 7th Heaven, with his beloved Bills getting back back back! to the SB.


FYP

Page 5 of 6 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/