Vikings-Bengals game thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings-Bengals game thread

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

If we do make it to the big game, we will be playing one of the two teams playing right now, Pats and Steelers. Personally, I'd rather have the Steelers, mainly for the times they beat us in the SB (which I wasnt even around for), and I really dont like Big Ben.
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I wish we'd have gotten Teddy some more reps, especially in the passing game.
I was hoping he’d have gone in at least one series, if not two, earlier than he did.

I literally had goosebumps when Teddy finally went in. It was an awesome moment!

That, and a G-men upset, would have been the only things that could have made this day better.

Why am I so happy the Puckers are all but out of the playoffs? :mrgreen:

Good work Panthers!

SKOL NFC NORTH CHAMPS!
Last edited by w_huisman on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I've been critical of special teams but they played well today. Other than Wright with a possible foot injury it looks like we came away in tact *knock on wood*
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:If we do make it to the big game, we will be playing one of the two teams playing right now, Pats and Steelers. Personally, I'd rather have the Steelers, mainly for the times they beat us in the SB (which I wasnt even around for), and I really dont like Big Ben.
I watched the Super Bowl they beat us. Well, annihilated us, as much as 16-6 can be an annihilation. We never had a chance. Total domination by Pittsburgh's defense. If I recall correctly, Fran Tarkenton got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty when he threw the ball at a Steelers lineman after getting pummeled on a sack. Yeah. It was that bad.

Playing them again this year would be just fine by me. Playing ANYBODY in the Super Bowl this year would be fine by me.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

S197 wrote:The King of the North!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Winter is coming...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I wish we'd have gotten Teddy some more reps, especially in the passing game. Shaun HIll could hand the ball off.

Then again, it was great to see him out there. Maybe we can destroy the Bears and get him some serious work in the passing game.

Better yet, blow out the Pukers in Lamblow and get Teddy in against them.
If the Vikings win Saturday, and PHI beats OAK, and CAR loses to TB, I believe we can clinch a 2nd round bye with no hope of HFA, and the CHI game will be meaningless. In that scenario, I could see Case perhaps going only a series or two (if that). I hope they don't fully rest as a team because there are plenty of times that hasn't worked out for teams.

A more problematic scenario is OAK beats PHI, we beat GB, CAR wins and NO loses. Then we roll into week 17 with all kinds of stress. Depending on how it plays out we could end up #1, #2, or #3 seed. In this scenario we get #2 with a win over CHI and PHI wins. We get #1 with a win and a PHI loss. We can also get #2 with a loss and a CAR loss, but if CAR wins in this scenario, they are 12-4 and NO is either 10-6 or 11-5, and we are also 12-4 losing Head to Head with CAR to end up the #3. Since this whole scenario has us at worst 12-4, the best LAR can end is 12-4 so in any case we will be ahead of them, even if they win the last 2.

If this problematic scenario arises, I'm not at all looking forward to 3pm-4pm Sunday-- talk about potential mood swings-- especially if the PHI/DAL, NO/TB, ATL/CAR and MIN/CHI all wind up close at the end for whatever reason.
Craig S
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

cstelter wrote:

If this problematic scenario arises, I'm not at all looking forward to 3pm-4pm Sunday-- talk about potential mood swings-- especially if the PHI/DAL, NO/TB, ATL/CAR and MIN/CHI all wind up close at the end for whatever reason.
Mood Swings? Mood Swings?

We are Vikings fans.

What do we know about Mood Swings? :confused:
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."