View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:39 pm



Reply to topic  [ 553 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread 
Author Message
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 8328
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Cliff wrote:
The sky isn't falling but that was tough to watch.


Yep, mainly because the Vikes lost that game more the Carolina won it. It was mistake after mistake for the Vikings. The whole game, both sides of the ball. Thats why the loss sucks, we should have won it. Plus Case was due to show everyone he's not the MVP this year. Hes good when he has time to throw, but then so are most QBs. When theres so much pressure its another game entirely.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:10 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 1258
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
me4get wrote:
soflavike wrote:
There was holding on that TD play. Ridiculous. No flags.

There was also a play on the drive where the receiver's arm was swinging back and forth the whole time b4 the snap.


I realize I am late to the party, but had to respond. And he blinked his eyes at least twice! Why are you so nit picky all the time. If it was up to you, there would be a flag on almost every play. Give it a break next week.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 1258
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
me4get wrote:
never got his feet out of the endzone!


My god - for someone who claims he knows the rules, you sure don't know much. Only the whole ball needs to get out of the end zone, not the ball carrier. Plus you don't know the rules for what a catch is. SMH


Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:33 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 1258
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
dead_poet wrote:
Explain to me how the RB doesn't have to control the ball all the way down but the WR does.


He would if he was in the act of catching the ball. But he is running the ball here, not catching it. Since he already has control, once the ball breaks the goal line it's a td. If the receiver is going to the ground while making the catch, he must control the ball all the way to the ground before it is considered a catch. Now if Thielen would have been inbounds after bobbling the ball, it would have been a td since he regained control before the ball hit the ground. But since he was out of bounds, then it is an incomplete pass. I thought they explained that pretty clearly on the broadcast.


Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:50 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24337
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Purple Reign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Explain to me how the RB doesn't have to control the ball all the way down but the WR does.


He would if he was in the act of catching the ball. But he is running the ball here, not catching it. Since he already has control, once the ball breaks the goal line it's a td. If the receiver is going to the ground while making the catch, he must control the ball all the way to the ground before it is considered a catch. Now if Thielen would have been inbounds after bobbling the ball, it would have been a td since he regained control before the ball hit the ground. But since he was out of bounds, then it is an incomplete pass. I thought they explained that pretty clearly on the broadcast.


Tbbbbbbtttt

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:21 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 8328
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
I have to ask, whats Tbbbbbbtttt mean?


Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:57 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 1258
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
I have to ask, whats Tbbbbbbtttt mean?


Not sure but I think he is just blowing off my explanation. Whether he agrees with the ruling or not, that is why it is different when a ball carrier breaks the goal line versus a receiver making a catch. Even Thielen has said he agrees that it was the right call (which was reported on the local news tonight). Also found this: http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/10/vi ... -td-catch/


Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:51 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:09 am
Posts: 996
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
I think DeadPoet is just complaining about the differences in the two rules in frustration. I knew the refs got the call right and even said so at the time but a knee down is a knee down.

_________________
http://warhammermonkey.com/p/Knoxx/

Image


Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:11 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Laserman wrote:
allday1991 wrote:
VikingLord wrote:
Treadwell...


Waste of a pick, the little we ask from him he cant even do.

Go back and watch that draft, when we picked him you could tell by his reaction, he didn't want to come to Minnesota. I knew right then that he was a bust.



ughhh this is just laughable. Some people just really have zero clue what a bust actually is. Adam Thielen drops two touchdowns today, very quiet about that, but Treadwell drops a 5 yard slant on 3rd and 16 and he's a bust :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:29 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 pm
Posts: 603
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
I'm going to be the optimist here and say Treadwell just needs some time. Just like Trae Waynes needed a year to sit and Sidney Rice didn't break out till year 3.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:41 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
720pete wrote:
I'm going to be the optimist here and say Treadwell just needs some time. Just like Trae Waynes needed a year to sit and Sidney Rice didn't break out till year 3.


Well yeah that number one and number two, again everyone loves to say how much of a bust he is, blah, blah, blah but do you know how GOOD he would have to be right now to get more playing time, targets, catches, etc than Thielen and Diggs?? There arent many WRs in this league that start over either of them. BUT since Laquon Treadwell cant, he's a bust :roll:

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:48 am
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18357
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
I think Diggs is still hurt. He has not been as explosive since his groin injury (I mean, who would). I would like to see a package with Floyd, Thielen, Treadwell, and Rudolph in the red zone. Case can throw it straight up and I like our chances with any of them.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am
Posts: 1794
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
I think Treadwell looks good out there. He's typically Keenum's 3rd or 4th read most of the time and even knowing that he plays hard every play. He'd be a #2 WR on most teams. I think we could use him more in the redzone, though, but maybe we're saving that for the playoffs?


Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:31 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
TSonn wrote:
I think Treadwell looks good out there. He's typically Keenum's 3rd or 4th read most of the time and even knowing that he plays hard every play. He'd be a #2 WR on most teams. I think we could use him more in the redzone, though, but maybe we're saving that for the playoffs?


Exactly, he would be a #2 on most teams. And who knows, could even be a #1 because nobody truly knows his talent. Either way, its NOT that he's a bust. He came into what looked like a good situation having little depth at WR. Thielen was a no name, CP couldnt run a route, and Diggs looked promising but was still up in the air. The year he gets there, Diggs and Thielen blow up and CP actually becomes part of the offense. What these "Treadwell is a bust" fans dont understand is that number one, it takes WRs some time to develop in this league and number two, the guys that were already there came out of their shells and had huge years. Lets say Treadwell was a hidden gem and was a good to very good WR. Who are you going to play him over? Diggs? Thielen?? I mean come on!

Saying Treadwell is a bust because of how he looked on TV when he was drafted is asinine.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:06 am
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 11119
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
I have to ask, whats Tbbbbbbtttt mean?

It's that sound you make when you stick tongue at people, like :tongue:


Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:16 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:24 am
Posts: 1563
Location: south minneapolis
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
S197 wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
I have to ask, whats Tbbbbbbtttt mean?

It's that sound you make when you stick tongue at people, like :tongue:




Isn't that the sound that Bill the Cat makes?

_________________
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."


Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:27 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18357
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
PsyDanny wrote:
S197 wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
I have to ask, whats Tbbbbbbtttt mean?

It's that sound you make when you stick tongue at people, like :tongue:




Isn't that the sound that Bill the Cat makes?
And Jim, when someone mentions Randy Moss?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 9526
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
ughhh this is just laughable. Some people just really have zero clue what a bust actually is. Adam Thielen drops two touchdowns today, very quiet about that, but Treadwell drops a 5 yard slant on 3rd and 16 and he's a bust :lol: :lol:


Because we've watched more than one game? :confused:

_________________
*********
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida


Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:25 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
soflavike wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
ughhh this is just laughable. Some people just really have zero clue what a bust actually is. Adam Thielen drops two touchdowns today, very quiet about that, but Treadwell drops a 5 yard slant on 3rd and 16 and he's a bust :lol: :lol:


Because we've watched more than one game? :confused:


And your point? What classifies him as a bust? Has he been given the opportunities? No. Since he’s gotten here he’s been buried on the depth chart DUE to two studs being in front of him. Not because of lack of skill, route running, speed, etc. Its obvious. But since he isn’t putting up first round pick numbers, some fans label him a bust.

When it’s all laid on the line, that does NOT classify him as a bust. You can’t classify a player as a bust due to little opportunity and having two legitimate WRs in front of him. Period. Not sure why some fans can’t see that. Ponder is a bust. Started many games and was awful. Troy Williamson, same seal. Treadwell hasn’t started or if he has, it’s only been a couple games. So when he doesn’t get the opportunity to start at either the #1 or #2 spot, it’s pretty hard to perform. When he was in two games this year, he went 7 for 79 yards which is solid. It’s not like when he’s given opportunity he’s playing bad and dropping balls. Outside of that he’s gotten next to no opportunity. In turn, that doesn’t warrant him being a bust nor does it define what a bust is.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:29 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 1258
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Laserman wrote:
allday1991 wrote:

Waste of a pick, the little we ask from him he cant even do.

Go back and watch that draft, when we picked him you could tell by his reaction, he didn't want to come to Minnesota. I knew right then that he was a bust.



ughhh this is just laughable. Some people just really have zero clue what a bust actually is. Adam Thielen drops two touchdowns today, very quiet about that, but Treadwell drops a 5 yard slant on 3rd and 16 and he's a bust :lol: :lol:


I think from 1st round pick expectations one could say he has been a bust so far. Really, only 1 reception last year? And not that many this year. You make the excuse he hasn't gotten the opportunities, well maybe because he hasn't shown that he is better than the players in front of him. But when a player is drafted 1st round (especially a running back or wide receiver) people expect them to contribute pretty much right away and it's been almost 2 years now. We just haven't seen any 1st round pick worthy play out of him yet. So at this point, from a 1st round pick prospective, I would say he has been a bust so far. Doesn't mean he has been a total bust, just not up to or even close to expectations.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:53 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 1258
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Knoxx wrote:
I think DeadPoet is just complaining about the differences in the two rules in frustration. I knew the refs got the call right and even said so at the time but a knee down is a knee down.


Yeah, more than likely just from frustration. But they are 2 totally different situations. One where the player has control of the ball before crossing the goal line and the other where he hasn't gotten control of the ball yet (according to the rule).


Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:14 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24337
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Purple Reign wrote:
Knoxx wrote:
I think DeadPoet is just complaining about the differences in the two rules in frustration. I knew the refs got the call right and even said so at the time but a knee down is a knee down.


Yeah, more than likely just from frustration. But they are 2 totally different situations. One where the player has control of the ball before crossing the goal line and the other where he hasn't gotten control of the ball yet (according to the rule).


Yes, I was just frustrated with what appears to be a bit of a contradiction.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:29 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6900
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
dead_poet wrote:
Purple Reign wrote:
Knoxx wrote:
I think DeadPoet is just complaining about the differences in the two rules in frustration. I knew the refs got the call right and even said so at the time but a knee down is a knee down.


Yeah, more than likely just from frustration. But they are 2 totally different situations. One where the player has control of the ball before crossing the goal line and the other where he hasn't gotten control of the ball yet (according to the rule).


Yes, I was just frustrated with what appears to be a bit of a contradiction.

What gets me about the Thielen non-catch is pretty basic ... any monkey could see that he caught the ball. But the rules say otherwise.

It's like that non-catch Dez Bryant had against the Pukers in the playoffs a few years back. Or when Megatron caught the ball against the Bears and let it go on his way to standing back up, and they called it no catch. The NFL still doesn't have the rule right. They need to use the "25 Drunk Guys Test." Any time 25 drunk dudes in a bar can see it's a catch, and the rules say it's not a catch ... the rule needs to be fixed.

And before the advent of replay, we'd have been celebrating a touchdown. I guess replay is good overall, but then again, where is replay when a touchdown is called back because of a penalty. If they automatically review all scoring plays, then maybe they ought to review ALL scoring plays ... including those that are called back. Because many of those penalties end up being bogus.

Finally, Zimmer said today in his press conference that the league still hasn't gotten back to him on the 10 questionable plays he turned in for review from LAST week. It's clear the NFL isn't serious about cleaning up officiating mistakes.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18357
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
What is funny is if you go back to many of Cris Carter's catches, many of them would be disallowed in today's game.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Purple Reign wrote:

I think from 1st round pick expectations one could say he has been a bust so far. Really, only 1 reception last year? And not that many this year. You make the excuse he hasn't gotten the opportunities, well maybe because he hasn't shown that he is better than the players in front of him. But when a player is drafted 1st round (especially a running back or wide receiver) people expect them to contribute pretty much right away and it's been almost 2 years now. We just haven't seen any 1st round pick worthy play out of him yet. So at this point, from a 1st round pick prospective, I would say he has been a bust so far. Doesn't mean he has been a total bust, just not up to or even close to expectations.


Ok but that is what I’m saying, do you realize how ridiculously well Treadwell would need to perform in order to pass Diggs or AT??? He’d literally have to play out of his mind. But how is he suppose to do that getting somewhere around the 4th most targets each week??? It’s not realistic when those two are on the field. Plus Rudy. Laquon is at least a number two on most teams but this team has two stud WRs and a stud TE. You can’t perform a whole lot when you’re getting two targets a game because of who’s in front of you. That’s what many fans don’t see.

A BUST is a player who gets plenty of opportunities at starting and either doesn’t perform or plays really bad (Ponder, Williamson, etc) He’s gotten/done neither of those. That’s why he doesn’t classify as a bust IMO. You just can’t give him that label. It’s not realistic given what has happened since he got here

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:20 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 1258
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Ok but that is what I’m saying, do you realize how ridiculously well Treadwell would need to perform in order to pass Diggs or AT??? He’d literally have to play out of his mind. But how is he suppose to do that getting somewhere around the 4th most targets each week??? It’s not realistic when those two are on the field. Plus Rudy. Laquon is at least a number two on most teams but this team has two stud WRs and a stud TE. You can’t perform a whole lot when you’re getting two targets a game because of who’s in front of you. That’s what many fans don’t see.

A BUST is a player who gets plenty of opportunities at starting and either doesn’t perform or plays really bad (Ponder, Williamson, etc) He’s gotten/done neither of those. That’s why he doesn’t classify as a bust IMO. You just can’t give him that label. It’s not realistic given what has happened since he got here


I didn't call him a total bust, I qualified by saying compared to 1st round pick expectations IMO he is a bust so far. You earn game time by proving yourself in practice. He was a 1st round pick for a reason and he hasn't shown any reason why he should have been a #1 pick yet (again IMO). Quit making excuses for him.


Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:39 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Purple Reign wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Ok but that is what I’m saying, do you realize how ridiculously well Treadwell would need to perform in order to pass Diggs or AT??? He’d literally have to play out of his mind. But how is he suppose to do that getting somewhere around the 4th most targets each week??? It’s not realistic when those two are on the field. Plus Rudy. Laquon is at least a number two on most teams but this team has two stud WRs and a stud TE. You can’t perform a whole lot when you’re getting two targets a game because of who’s in front of you. That’s what many fans don’t see.

A BUST is a player who gets plenty of opportunities at starting and either doesn’t perform or plays really bad (Ponder, Williamson, etc) He’s gotten/done neither of those. That’s why he doesn’t classify as a bust IMO. You just can’t give him that label. It’s not realistic given what has happened since he got here


I didn't call him a total bust, I qualified by saying compared to 1st round pick expectations IMO he is a bust so far. You earn game time by proving yourself in practice. He was a 1st round pick for a reason and he hasn't shown any reason why he should have been a #1 pick yet (again IMO). Quit making excuses for him.


They arent excuses. Name me a first round WR in the last 3 years that could come in right now and play over Thielen and Diggs.....

Either our WRs are that good, or every first round WR in the last 3 years has been a bust. I'll take the former. Whether he was a first round pick or plucked off the street, he still had Thielen and Diggs in front of him. And in order to surpass them right now, you literally need to play out of your mind. Sounds extremely unrealistic

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:29 am
Profile
Backup

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 91
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Purple Reign wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Ok but that is what I’m saying, do you realize how ridiculously well Treadwell would need to perform in order to pass Diggs or AT??? He’d literally have to play out of his mind. But how is he suppose to do that getting somewhere around the 4th most targets each week??? It’s not realistic when those two are on the field. Plus Rudy. Laquon is at least a number two on most teams but this team has two stud WRs and a stud TE. You can’t perform a whole lot when you’re getting two targets a game because of who’s in front of you. That’s what many fans don’t see.

A BUST is a player who gets plenty of opportunities at starting and either doesn’t perform or plays really bad (Ponder, Williamson, etc) He’s gotten/done neither of those. That’s why he doesn’t classify as a bust IMO. You just can’t give him that label. It’s not realistic given what has happened since he got here


I didn't call him a total bust, I qualified by saying compared to 1st round pick expectations IMO he is a bust so far. You earn game time by proving yourself in practice. He was a 1st round pick for a reason and he hasn't shown any reason why he should have been a #1 pick yet (again IMO). Quit making excuses for him.


PR, your argument is sound. The fact that he hasn't lived up to expectations is obvious to most fans. It's really laughable that some fans cant see that. PHP, your argument here is sooooo weak its laughable. He hasnt really shown much at all to even justify his #3 role, probably why his snap count has been on the downhill slide since week 7.


Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Alaskan wrote:


PR, your argument is sound. The fact that he hasn't lived up to expectations is obvious to most fans. It's really laughable that some fans cant see that. PHP, your argument here is sooooo weak its laughable. He hasnt really shown much at all to even justify his #3 role, probably why his snap count has been on the downhill slide since week 7.


Think what you want dude. Pretty hard to "live up to expectations" when you have two of the better WRs in the NFL in front of you. I actually look into the details of WHY and HOW. Opposite of what you're doing. By what you said above, you dont care or take into consideration what went on in front of him when he got here his rookie year. Thats what laughable. You just think "well he's a first round pick so he should've automatically made an impact". Not how it works.

Again, and please....answer this question. What does Laquon Treadwell currently have to do to surpass either Thielen or Diggs?? Do you understand what level of performance he would need? Better yet, like I said before, name me one first round WR in the last 3 YEARS that would currently start over Thielen or Diggs given their recent play?? They must all be busts too?? I'll wait......

But like I have said in my last post.....here is a fan that is coming out saying Treadwell is a bust.....but provided zero backing behind it. Other than his snap count dipping after week 7.....OBVIOUSLY...Diggs came back week 8. :confused:

Where did he get all these golden opportunities that Diggs and AT got because they sure didnt have two studs in front of them?? When he is out there is he playing "poorly"? Is he dropping balls?? Is he not getting separation?? Is he not being physical enough?? I just answered all those questions in another thread.

Troy Williamson was a bust. So he must be comparable to Laquon Treadwell right?? Because if Treadwell falls into the bust category for you, obviously Williamson does. So I guess they are comparable?? Please, enlighten me

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 91
Post Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Alaskan wrote:


PR, your argument is sound. The fact that he hasn't lived up to expectations is obvious to most fans. It's really laughable that some fans cant see that. PHP, your argument here is sooooo weak its laughable. He hasnt really shown much at all to even justify his #3 role, probably why his snap count has been on the downhill slide since week 7.


Think what you want dude. Pretty hard to "live up to expectations" when you have two of the better WRs in the NFL in front of you. I actually look into the details of WHY and HOW. Opposite of what you're doing. By what you said above, you dont care or take into consideration what went on in front of him when he got here his rookie year. Thats what laughable. You just think "well he's a first round pick so he should've automatically made an impact". Not how it works.

Again, and please....answer this question. What does Laquon Treadwell currently have to do to surpass either Thielen or Diggs?? Do you understand what level of performance he would need? Better yet, like I said before, name me one first round WR in the last 3 YEARS that would currently start over Thielen or Diggs given their recent play?? They must all be busts too?? I'll wait...... since my argument is "so weak."

But like I have said in my last post.....here is a fan that is coming out saying Treadwell is a bust.....but provided zero backing behind it. Other than his snap count dipping after week 7.....OBVIOUSLY...Diggs came back week 8. :lol:

Where did he get all these golden opportunities that Diggs and AT got because they sure didnt have two studs in front of them?? When he is out there is he playing "poorly"? Is he dropping balls?? Is he not getting separation?? Is he not being physical enough?? I just answered all those questions in another thread.

Troy Williamson was a bust. So he must be comparable to Laquon Treadwell right?? Because if Treadwell falls into the bust category for you, obviously Williamson does. So I guess they are comparable?? Please, enlighten me


https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... counts.htm

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... 447263-n=1

You can sift through these links if you want.

An arguemnt can be made for Michaell Thomas and Tyreek Hill to start over Diggs. There are others as well, just look for yourself.

I am not going to argue with you on this. My position on this subject has been stated above. Up to this point Laqun Treadwell (1st rd) has NOT lived up to expectations, period! If you want to defend a 1st round pick that has 17 receptions for 184 yards and no touchdowns in nearly 2 seasons and is 3rd or 4th or 5th on the depth chart behind guys undrafted (Theilen), 5th rd (Diggs) and now it appears to me, by looking at snap counts since week 8, he is losing snaps to Wright (4th rd) and Floyd (2nd rd) as well.........I will sit back and laugh at you like the rest of the rational people on this board.

I am a Treadwell fan, I have high hopes of him, but he has done nothing up to this point. Its early to label him a total bust, but he's on his way unless something changes dramatically.


Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:22 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 553 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.