Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Week 14 Vikings-Panthers Game Thread

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Cliff wrote:The sky isn't falling but that was tough to watch.
Yep, mainly because the Vikes lost that game more the Carolina won it. It was mistake after mistake for the Vikings. The whole game, both sides of the ball. Thats why the loss sucks, we should have won it. Plus Case was due to show everyone he's not the MVP this year. Hes good when he has time to throw, but then so are most QBs. When theres so much pressure its another game entirely.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

me4get wrote: There was also a play on the drive where the receiver's arm was swinging back and forth the whole time b4 the snap.
I realize I am late to the party, but had to respond. And he blinked his eyes at least twice! Why are you so nit picky all the time. If it was up to you, there would be a flag on almost every play. Give it a break next week.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

me4get wrote:never got his feet out of the endzone!
My god - for someone who claims he knows the rules, you sure don't know much. Only the whole ball needs to get out of the end zone, not the ball carrier. Plus you don't know the rules for what a catch is. SMH
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

dead_poet wrote:Explain to me how the RB doesn't have to control the ball all the way down but the WR does.
He would if he was in the act of catching the ball. But he is running the ball here, not catching it. Since he already has control, once the ball breaks the goal line it's a td. If the receiver is going to the ground while making the catch, he must control the ball all the way to the ground before it is considered a catch. Now if Thielen would have been inbounds after bobbling the ball, it would have been a td since he regained control before the ball hit the ground. But since he was out of bounds, then it is an incomplete pass. I thought they explained that pretty clearly on the broadcast.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Purple Reign wrote: He would if he was in the act of catching the ball. But he is running the ball here, not catching it. Since he already has control, once the ball breaks the goal line it's a td. If the receiver is going to the ground while making the catch, he must control the ball all the way to the ground before it is considered a catch. Now if Thielen would have been inbounds after bobbling the ball, it would have been a td since he regained control before the ball hit the ground. But since he was out of bounds, then it is an incomplete pass. I thought they explained that pretty clearly on the broadcast.
Tbbbbbbtttt
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I have to ask, whats Tbbbbbbtttt mean?
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I have to ask, whats Tbbbbbbtttt mean?
Not sure but I think he is just blowing off my explanation. Whether he agrees with the ruling or not, that is why it is different when a ball carrier breaks the goal line versus a receiver making a catch. Even Thielen has said he agrees that it was the right call (which was reported on the local news tonight). Also found this: http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/10/vi ... -td-catch/
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

I think DeadPoet is just complaining about the differences in the two rules in frustration. I knew the refs got the call right and even said so at the time but a knee down is a knee down.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Laserman wrote: Go back and watch that draft, when we picked him you could tell by his reaction, he didn't want to come to Minnesota. I knew right then that he was a bust.

ughhh this is just laughable. Some people just really have zero clue what a bust actually is. Adam Thielen drops two touchdowns today, very quiet about that, but Treadwell drops a 5 yard slant on 3rd and 16 and he's a bust :lol: :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

I'm going to be the optimist here and say Treadwell just needs some time. Just like Trae Waynes needed a year to sit and Sidney Rice didn't break out till year 3.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

720pete wrote:I'm going to be the optimist here and say Treadwell just needs some time. Just like Trae Waynes needed a year to sit and Sidney Rice didn't break out till year 3.
Well yeah that number one and number two, again everyone loves to say how much of a bust he is, blah, blah, blah but do you know how GOOD he would have to be right now to get more playing time, targets, catches, etc than Thielen and Diggs?? There arent many WRs in this league that start over either of them. BUT since Laquon Treadwell cant, he's a bust :roll:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I think Diggs is still hurt. He has not been as explosive since his groin injury (I mean, who would). I would like to see a package with Floyd, Thielen, Treadwell, and Rudolph in the red zone. Case can throw it straight up and I like our chances with any of them.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I think Treadwell looks good out there. He's typically Keenum's 3rd or 4th read most of the time and even knowing that he plays hard every play. He'd be a #2 WR on most teams. I think we could use him more in the redzone, though, but maybe we're saving that for the playoffs?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

TSonn wrote:I think Treadwell looks good out there. He's typically Keenum's 3rd or 4th read most of the time and even knowing that he plays hard every play. He'd be a #2 WR on most teams. I think we could use him more in the redzone, though, but maybe we're saving that for the playoffs?
Exactly, he would be a #2 on most teams. And who knows, could even be a #1 because nobody truly knows his talent. Either way, its NOT that he's a bust. He came into what looked like a good situation having little depth at WR. Thielen was a no name, CP couldnt run a route, and Diggs looked promising but was still up in the air. The year he gets there, Diggs and Thielen blow up and CP actually becomes part of the offense. What these "Treadwell is a bust" fans dont understand is that number one, it takes WRs some time to develop in this league and number two, the guys that were already there came out of their shells and had huge years. Lets say Treadwell was a hidden gem and was a good to very good WR. Who are you going to play him over? Diggs? Thielen?? I mean come on!

Saying Treadwell is a bust because of how he looked on TV when he was drafted is asinine.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I have to ask, whats Tbbbbbbtttt mean?
It's that sound you make when you stick tongue at people, like :tongue: