Lets say the unthinkable happens....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Lets say the unthinkable happens....

Post by mansquatch »

I will take the Monday after off from work and then have the biggest bash ever at my house with a select group of fellow fan friends. I'd rather blow $500 or so on that than drop $10K to have worse view of the game.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Does anyone know how SB tickets are issued to season ticket holders? I.e. what percentage of season ticket holders are likely to get tickets? Is it straight up lottery or based on how long you've had tickets?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mansquatch wrote:I will take the Monday after off from work and then have the biggest bash ever at my house with a select group of fellow fan friends. I'd rather blow $500 or so on that than drop $10K to have worse view of the game.
Darn you for your common sense!

I suppose that's what I'd do, too. But it would give me a great excuse to install that theater system in my house that I've been dying for!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I told the operators who work for me that if the Vikings lose the Super Bowl, I will probably cry. Then I thought about it and figured if they win, I will probably cry too.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

mansquatch wrote:I will take the Monday after off from work and then have the biggest bash ever at my house with a select group of fellow fan friends. I'd rather blow $500 or so on that than drop $10K to have worse view of the game.
I'll pay to fly to Minnesota and crash Masquatchs party.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

S197 wrote:Does anyone know how SB tickets are issued to season ticket holders? I.e. what percentage of season ticket holders are likely to get tickets? Is it straight up lottery or based on how long you've had tickets?
Think I found the answer. Seems like each team gets allocated 17.5% of tickets, so if the Vikings made it, they would get 11,665 tickets to distribute (in addition to the 5% they got to distribute since it's their venue but those have been given away I think). Of those, it seems like maybe 9k would go to fans via lottery or some other method like longest season ticket holder. So basically, pretty poor chances.

The biggest allotment of tickets go to NFL corporate sponsors, most of whom probably don't even care who is playing :roll:
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Darn you for your common sense!

I suppose that's what I'd do, too. But it would give me a great excuse to install that theater system in my house that I've been dying for!
What's the biggest TV they make now? I haven't been paying any attention to TV's since 2012.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

808vikingsfan wrote: What's the biggest TV they make now? I haven't been paying any attention to TV's since 2012.
I see 65-inch TVs in the stores all the time.

I'm talking projection for my house. HD or 4K projector, 120-inch screen, the works. I mean, 10 feet of Vikings Super Bowl glory. Excuse me while I clean up the drool.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

We have projector with 100" screen and 5.1 surround sound in our basement. I think we will just stay home... but I will definitely take Monday off work.

My setup was fairly economical, about $1300 for 1080p projector, 100" screen, surround sound, projector about and 25ft hdmi cable. That was 6 years ago, so could probably do it cheaper now. I have had to replace my bulb once a couple years ago.
Formerly AADPFan
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Yeah, the Vikings are breaking our hearts again...This thread confirms it. Thanks a lot, dicks.

:D

Seriously though...chill. Why can't we take the mantra of our own team on?...ONE game at a time.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

There is nothing wrong with going all in and riding the train. So what if they break out hearts? The odds are they will, only one team wins it all, which means everyone else gets sour grapes... EVERY YEAR. I have accepted that in the NFL our team not winning the superbowl is the norm, and that is OK. What I refuse to do is let that prevent me from enjoying a great season as much as possible, so I refuse to restrain myself.

We've waited 8 years for a season like this. Enjoy the fun while you can.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi