View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Lets say the unthinkable happens.... 
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Lets say the unthinkable happens....
And this team reaches the big game, at home, which has never been done before. Not trying to jinx it but im curious, how is that game treated? Anyone know?

Like im pretty sure they're not allowed home field sound effects and extras. Or allowing intros for just the home team etc...

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:26 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post Re: Lets say the unthinkable happens....
Boon wrote:
And this team reaches the big game, at home, which has never been done before. Not trying to jinx it but im curious, how is that game treated? Anyone know?

Like im pretty sure they're not allowed home field sound effects and extras. Or allowing intros for just the home team etc...

I've heard the Vikings would be the visiting team if they make the SB. Not sure what that means besides having to wear white.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:29 pm
Hall of Famer

I'm actually serious when I say this.

If the Vikings make the Super Bowl, our 401(k) might be in jeopardy. I would do nearly anything to go to that game. My wife is 59 1/2, so we can withdraw money without penalty. I just wonder what the cost of a ticket might be. Obviously it would have to be on the secondary market. $5,000? More?

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:43 pm
Fenrir

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

If the Vikings make the Super Bowl, our 401(k) might be in jeopardy. I would do nearly anything to go to that game. My wife is 59 1/2, so we can withdraw money without penalty. I just wonder what the cost of a ticket might be. Obviously it would have to be on the secondary market. $5,000? More?

Costco was just selling tickets, it was 10k for two tickets but you get a 2500 Costco card. Depends where you sit and who the other team isn't but it's likely going to be over 5k a ticket. If they make it, I'll sell a damn kidney if I have to, I will be there.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:56 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Last year they had bleeds going for about 2700, cheapest i saw

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:59 pm
Veteran

808vikingsfan wrote:
Boon wrote:

I've heard the Vikings would be the visiting team if they make the SB. Not sure what that means besides having to wear white.

The AFC team would be the "home" team. The Vikings would be the "visiting" NFC team, meaning they'd use the U of MN for practice that week (and NOT Winter Park, which the AFC team would get), the OTHER locker room at US Bank Stadium (AFC team gets the Vikes' locker room), run out of the OTHER tunnel (to whatever the NFL chooses, as it's their show), stand on the OTHER sideline, and wear their white road uniforms.

It would, in short, be the bizarro Superman universe where everything is the negative/reverse of the real universe.

And if you think either Belichick or Tomlin would agree to flip any of that (assuming they're even allowed to) so the Vikings could be maximally comfortable, you're out of your mind. They wouldn't even agree to wear road uniforms, so the Vikings could wear home purple. Not that I'd expect Zimmer to even ask, since he operates from that same school of gamesmanship and wouldn't want to give the opponent that hint of "weakness."

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:19 pm
Hall of Famer

If the Vikings make it to the SB, we would have to wait till the last minute to get tickets. I am guessing 5-7k per ticket, and who wants to go alone? Im sure it could be closer to 10k.

I have a '99 Harley Wide Glide ive had for years, and have a ton of money into. I can hardly ride it for any amount of time because of spine problems from my cervical all the way to the lumbar. One reason I would sell it, is to get SB tickets. Its given me a lot of joy, and would be a great reason to get rid of it. My neck would love me for it hah. And win or lose, I would never forget the experience.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:21 pm
Hall of Famer

Boon wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:

Last year they had bleeds going for about 2700, cheapest i saw

Oh wow, missed this post. I cant believe they might be that cheap. I'd be happy with twice that. Broke, but happy.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:23 pm
Fenrir

Well don't mortgage your homes yet but we are the number 1 seed!! :v): :smilevike:

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:42 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

DavidKarki wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
Boon wrote:

The AFC team would be the "home" team. The Vikings would be the "visiting" NFC team, meaning they'd use the U of MN for practice that week (and NOT Winter Park, which the AFC team would get), the OTHER locker room at US Bank Stadium (AFC team gets the Vikes' locker room), run out of the OTHER tunnel (to whatever the NFL chooses, as it's their show), stand on the OTHER sideline, and wear their white road uniforms.

It would, in short, be the bizarro Superman universe where everything is the negative/reverse of the real universe.

And if you think either Belichick or Tomlin would agree to flip any of that (assuming they're even allowed to) so the Vikings could be maximally comfortable, you're out of your mind. They wouldn't even agree to wear road uniforms, so the Vikings could wear home purple. Not that I'd expect Zimmer to even ask, since he operates from that same school of gamesmanship and wouldn't want to give the opponent that hint of "weakness."

Thanks for the info. Yeah, that'd be weird. Almost more of a distraction than playing somewhere else.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:47 pm
Backup

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Oh wow, missed this post. I cant believe they might be that cheap. I'd be happy with twice that. Broke, but happy.

I feel like if the Vikings make the Super Bowl, ticket prices will skyrocket because demand for tickets would increase simply because the local team is playing in it.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:48 pm
Hall of Famer

If you can prove you are a long-suffering Vikings fan you should get a 90% discount for all your suffering. Just prove you were born earlier than, say, 1971, and you get the discount. You must provide proof of shattered TV sets, ripped up/burned jerseys, pictures or video of you openly weeping while watching any of the Superbowl losses. Heck, fans born before, say 1990, should get at least a 75% discount if they can prove any of the same for the 1998, 2001, or 2009 teams as well.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Veteran

NCViking wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

I feel like if the Vikings make the Super Bowl, ticket prices will skyrocket because demand for tickets would increase simply because the local team is playing in it.

Maybe, but I think it wouldn't be as much as you think, simply because the event is so totally corporate, out of almost every average person's price range to begin with (much less at average scalper prices), and no "regular" fans attend it in any significant number. There just won't be enough available supply for that local demand spike to have a significant effect overall.

The handful of Vikings season ticket holders who win the lottery for the batch given out that way may well have literally done so, though, given what they'd be able to scalp them for. :)

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:56 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

VikingLord wrote:
If you can prove you are a long-suffering Vikings fan you should get a 90% discount for all your suffering. Just prove you were born earlier than, say, 1971, and you get the discount. You must provide proof of shattered TV sets, ripped up/burned jerseys, pictures or video of you openly weeping while watching any of the Superbowl losses. Heck, fans born before, say 1990, should get at least a 75% discount if they can prove any of the same for the 1998, 2001, or 2009 teams as well.

:beerock:

Totally agree. My brothers and I live scattered throughout the world, but we would convene back in our home town to see this. We could use the discount!

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:14 am
Strong Safety

I will buy a new tv and kick everyone out of the house except for
my poor son who inherited my Vikings love ...

I have tried darn hard to not get irrational hyped
off this season but it's starting to look like another
2009 type chance.... time will tell...

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:14 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

I will take the Monday after off from work and then have the biggest bash ever at my house with a select group of fellow fan friends. I'd rather blow $500 or so on that than drop $10K to have worse view of the game.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:47 am
Fenrir

Does anyone know how SB tickets are issued to season ticket holders? I.e. what percentage of season ticket holders are likely to get tickets? Is it straight up lottery or based on how long you've had tickets?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:11 pm
Hall of Famer

mansquatch wrote:
I will take the Monday after off from work and then have the biggest bash ever at my house with a select group of fellow fan friends. I'd rather blow $500 or so on that than drop $10K to have worse view of the game.

Darn you for your common sense!

I suppose that's what I'd do, too. But it would give me a great excuse to install that theater system in my house that I've been dying for!

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:14 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

I told the operators who work for me that if the Vikings lose the Super Bowl, I will probably cry. Then I thought about it and figured if they win, I will probably cry too.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player

mansquatch wrote:

I'll pay to fly to Minnesota and crash Masquatchs party.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:18 pm
Fenrir

S197 wrote:
Does anyone know how SB tickets are issued to season ticket holders? I.e. what percentage of season ticket holders are likely to get tickets? Is it straight up lottery or based on how long you've had tickets?

Think I found the answer. Seems like each team gets allocated 17.5% of tickets, so if the Vikings made it, they would get 11,665 tickets to distribute (in addition to the 5% they got to distribute since it's their venue but those have been given away I think). Of those, it seems like maybe 9k would go to fans via lottery or some other method like longest season ticket holder. So basically, pretty poor chances.

The biggest allotment of tickets go to NFL corporate sponsors, most of whom probably don't even care who is playing :roll:

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:07 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
mansquatch wrote:

I suppose that's what I'd do, too. But it would give me a great excuse to install that theater system in my house that I've been dying for!

What's the biggest TV they make now? I haven't been paying any attention to TV's since 2012.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:26 pm
Hall of Famer

808vikingsfan wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
mansquatch wrote:

What's the biggest TV they make now? I haven't been paying any attention to TV's since 2012.

I see 65-inch TVs in the stores all the time.

I'm talking projection for my house. HD or 4K projector, 120-inch screen, the works. I mean, 10 feet of Vikings Super Bowl glory. Excuse me while I clean up the drool.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 pm
Franchise Player

We have projector with 100" screen and 5.1 surround sound in our basement. I think we will just stay home... but I will definitely take Monday off work.

My setup was fairly economical, about $1300 for 1080p projector, 100" screen, surround sound, projector about and 25ft hdmi cable. That was 6 years ago, so could probably do it cheaper now. I have had to replace my bulb once a couple years ago.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:35 pm
Career Elite Player

Yeah, the Vikings are breaking our hearts again...This thread confirms it. Thanks a lot, dicks.

:D

Seriously though...chill. Why can't we take the mantra of our own team on?...ONE game at a time.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:35 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

There is nothing wrong with going all in and riding the train. So what if they break out hearts? The odds are they will, only one team wins it all, which means everyone else gets sour grapes... EVERY YEAR. I have accepted that in the NFL our team not winning the superbowl is the norm, and that is OK. What I refuse to do is let that prevent me from enjoying a great season as much as possible, so I refuse to restrain myself.

We've waited 8 years for a season like this. Enjoy the fun while you can.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]