Vikings-Falcons game thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings-Falcons game thread

Post by purplehaze »

S197 wrote:Damn Packers won. Lions are going to lose at least! And SF gets their first win of the year.
SF has 2 wins.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Hi guys,

10-2 feels pretty good, eh? :) If the Eagles falter, the Vikes have a real shot at HFA throughout the playoffs (literally until the end!).

I thought I'd pop in and share this interesting nugget I saw on Twitter today:
Ben Goessling‏
@GoesslingStrib

The Vikings are 12-for-15 in the red zone in their last four games. Kyle Rudolph said that was a "point of emphasis" during the bye week. What does a "point of emphasis" look like for a Mike Zimmer-coached team? "It was all we worked on for two straight days," Rudolph said.
I like it!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote:Hi guys,

10-2 feels pretty good, eh? :) If the Eagles falter, the Vikes have a real shot HFA throughout the playoffs (literally until the end!).

I like it!
And they were 2-for-3 today, with the only non-TD coming on three straight kneel-downs. Incidentally, one of the other "misses" was also in Victory Formation against the Lions.

This is what we've all been praying for ... a team that can score when they get into the red zone.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Mothman wrote:Hi guys,

10-2 feels pretty good, eh? :) If the Eagles falter, the Vikes have a real shot HFA throughout the playoffs (literally until the end!).

I like it!
They are calling some incredible plays in the red zone, and executing.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:And they were 2-for-3 today, with the only non-TD coming on three straight kneel-downs. Incidentally, one of the other "misses" was also in Victory Formation against the Lions.

This is what we've all been praying for ... a team that can score when they get into the red zone.
They really seem to be working together well as a team. They look like genuine SB contenders!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote: They really seem to be working together well as a team. They look like genuine SB contenders!
Wow!

I honestly never thought I'd hear you say that. It MUST be a great season.

All kidding aside, you know how long I've loved this team. You've been around for a long time, too. This is the most excited I've been about a Vikings team since the '70s. I know the '98 team was great, but I was never completely trusting of the defense. This year's team is special. They just keep getting better. Instead of opponents getting film on us and figuring out how to stop us, Zimmer and Shurmur stay one step ahead.

The Vikings are making me feel like a kid again!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I honestly never thought I'd hear you say that. It MUST be a great season.
LOL! I just haven't seen too many Vikes teams in this century that had me thinking they could do it but they're 10-2! They're obviously good.

You've probably seen me say this before. :) Back in 2012, I thought if they could keep Peterson going and keep playing defense like they did down the stretch of the regular season, they had an outside shot to win it all but that was a tall order and it obviously didn't work out. This team's chances look considerably better.
All kidding aside, you know how long I've loved this team. You've been around for a long time, too. This is the most excited I've been about a Vikings team since the '70s. I know the '98 team was great, but I was never completely trusting of the defense.
I'm afraid I was completely sold on that team. They broke my heart (again).
This year's team is special. They just keep getting better. Instead of opponents getting film on us and figuring out how to stop us, Zimmer and Shurmur stay one step ahead.

The Vikings are making me feel like a kid again!
I'm glad you're enjoying it! I hope they're a long way from their peak this season and that they'll hit it in the playoffs at the right time. We'll see what happens. It's certainly been a fun season so far.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

808vikingsfan wrote: They are calling some incredible plays in the red zone, and executing.
Can't remember but there was a few guys here that thought Shurmur was not going to be as "good" a play caller as Turner.........time for your crow....please step forward.......
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

To piggyback on something Jim said, and I know this is a bit off topic, but I truly believe that I'd Christian Ponder had played in that game in Lambeau, they would have won that game. One of my coworkers who is a Packer fan was so certain that the Vikings would win.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:To piggyback on something Jim said, and I know this is a bit off topic, but I truly believe that I'd Christian Ponder had played in that game in Lambeau, they would have won that game. One of my coworkers who is a Packer fan was so certain that the Vikings would win.

I'm starting to think Jim is Ponder. :D
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote: I'm starting to think Jim is Ponder. :D

Believe me, if that were true I'd be posting a lot more pictures of my wife Samantha. :)

Regardless of what might have happened in the 2012 postseason at Lambeau if Ponder had been healthy (and the way they were playing, I would have liked their chances), this year they've clearly found a winning chemistry and I hope they can stay healthy and keep rolling without messing with it. Last night's Eagles loss puts the Vikings in a tie for the best record in the conference (and the league)!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Since Ponder came up ....

I saw an article on Matt Khalil and his twenty
worst slams by Carolina fans and media on twitter.

Sounds like they are in the same love affair as the
Vikings fans with Khalil ...

The funniest one imo was

Matt must be adopted there is no way he
is related to Ryan.... ouch

I quess he had two penalties on one play
this week.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Did he really have two penalties on one play? That's hilarious!

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Mothman wrote: They really seem to be working together well as a team. They look like genuine SB contenders!
Good to see you posting Jim.
That's what I really like about this team...They are playing like a team.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

halfgiz wrote: Good to see you posting Jim.
That's what I really like about this team...They are playing like a team.
I thought you meant Jim is what you like about the team.