View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:50 am



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Playoffs??  
Author Message
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18130
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Playoffs??
Can the Vikings clinch the division this week? If they win and Detroit loses, they will be four up with four to play.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6735
Post Re: Playoffs??
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Can the Vikings clinch the division this week? If they win and Detroit loses, they will be four up with four to play.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I don't think so. If the Vikings were to lose their last four and Detroit wins their last four, they'd be tied at 10-6.

First tiebreaker is head-to-head. Minnesota and Detroit are even there.

Second tiebreaker is division record. If Detroit were to win out, they'd be 5-1 in the division. If the Vikings were to lose out, they'd be 3-3 (because they still have the Packers and Bears left on their schedule). Detroit would win the division.

Next week, though ...

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:22 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7249
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Playoffs??
that would suck to lose the division and not make the playoffs after the season we have had


Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:43 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 3408
Location: NW IOWA
Post Re: Playoffs??
one win takes division.

_________________
Viking fan since '65


Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:08 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3355
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Playoffs??
What is obnoxious is that the Packers still have an outside shot at the playoffs. A team will likely need a 10-6 record in the NFC this year to get in. They are sitting at 6-6, but have a fairly soft schedule remaining. (Other than us on the XMAS EVE.)

The Lions are also 6-6, but have a harder schedule. If Stafford is done due to his hand, they are also done.

Packers play CLE, CAR, MIN, DET to finish out. If the Panthers can recover from the drubbing we give them on Sunday, maybe they can do us a favor and end GB's playoff hopes before we come to town. Otherwise it will be on us to crush their spirits Christmas Eve. If Rogers is back for that game, expect fireworks. You know he is going to want revenge after we put him on the IR and exposed them.

NFC W is not settled. Rams play PHI and SEA yet, which could let SEA sneak in and take the division late. SEA is currently sitting at 8-4 and thus whomever loses that race will likely be a Wild Card team.

NFC S is going to get ugly in the last 4 weeks. ATL plays NO twice. That could shake up that division, but it could also push the Falcons to 6 or even 7 losses as they currently have 5.

The 6th wild card spot is wide open right now. We need the Packers to lose one more game. At 7 losses there is likely no way for them to sneak into the playoffs.

Very important for us to keep winning. We want homefield to improve our odds.

Watch Philly vs Rams this Sunday. If Eagles are lousy against the Rams then we know they are not in the same class as we are.

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:28 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Posts: 5656
Location: The Great White North
Post Re: Playoffs??
mansquatch wrote:
What is obnoxious is that the Packers still have an outside shot at the playoffs. A team will likely need a 10-6 record in the NFC this year to get in. They are sitting at 6-6, but have a fairly soft schedule remaining. (Other than us on the XMAS EVE.)

The Lions are also 6-6, but have a harder schedule. If Stafford is done due to his hand, they are also done.

Packers play CLE, CAR, MIN, DET to finish out. If the Panthers can recover from the drubbing we give them on Sunday, maybe they can do us a favor and end GB's playoff hopes before we come to town. Otherwise it will be on us to crush their spirits Christmas Eve. If Rogers is back for that game, expect fireworks. You know he is going to want revenge after we put him on the IR and exposed them.

NFC W is not settled. Rams play PHI and SEA yet, which could let SEA sneak in and take the division late. SEA is currently sitting at 8-4 and thus whomever loses that race will likely be a Wild Card team.

NFC S is going to get ugly in the last 4 weeks. ATL plays NO twice. That could shake up that division, but it could also push the Falcons to 6 or even 7 losses as they currently have 5.

The 6th wild card spot is wide open right now. We need the Packers to lose one more game. At 7 losses there is likely no way for them to sneak into the playoffs.

Very important for us to keep winning. We want homefield to improve our odds.

Watch Philly vs Rams this Sunday. If Eagles are lousy against the Rams then we know they are not in the same class as we are.


I don't think it matters if the Packers make it as even if they do I don't think they make it out of the first round. They'd likely be the lowest seed, so they'd be on the road against the highest seed playing in the 1st round, which would likely be the Saints, Seahawks, or Rams. I don't see the Packers beating any of those teams in the playoffs, with or without Rodgers.

And to be honest, the Packers really needed some serious help to win against the Bucs. They got some real splash plays to beat a pretty bad Bucs team that otherwise dominated the game statistically. The Packers with Rodgers probably can't be counted out because Rodgers is that good, but I don't think it will end up mattering much. And if it does, then I still like the Vikings chances should it come down to it in either late December at Lambeau or in the playoffs. The Vikings are just a far more complete team. Doesn't mean they can't be beaten by the Packers, but I think the Packers would need some big plays/help from the refs ala what the Lions got to do it, and even that probably wouldn't be enough this year.


Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:17 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3355
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Playoffs??
Packers with Rogers is a whole different ball of wax, and I think their roster besides him is complete trash. They were a dung heep last year and went to the NFCCG all because of Rogers. My main point in bringing them up is we are better off kicking them when they are down on the 24th and just keeping them out of the playoffs. Why risk it?

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:54 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 9:08 pm
Posts: 799
Location: Training Camp Central
Post Re: Playoffs??
mansquatch wrote:
What is obnoxious is that the Packers still have an outside shot at the playoffs. A team will likely need a 10-6 record in the NFC this year to get in. They are sitting at 6-6, but have a fairly soft schedule remaining. (Other than us on the XMAS EVE.)

The Lions are also 6-6, but have a harder schedule. If Stafford is done due to his hand, they are also done.

Packers play CLE, CAR, MIN, DET to finish out. If the Panthers can recover from the drubbing we give them on Sunday, maybe they can do us a favor and end GB's playoff hopes before we come to town. Otherwise it will be on us to crush their spirits Christmas Eve.


Bold added by me-- I believe our game with the Packers is on Saturday, Dec 23, 2017. The day before Christmas Eve.

_________________
Craig S
Image


Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:21 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 3127
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Playoffs??
cstelter wrote:
mansquatch wrote:
What is obnoxious is that the Packers still have an outside shot at the playoffs. A team will likely need a 10-6 record in the NFC this year to get in. They are sitting at 6-6, but have a fairly soft schedule remaining. (Other than us on the XMAS EVE.)

The Lions are also 6-6, but have a harder schedule. If Stafford is done due to his hand, they are also done.

Packers play CLE, CAR, MIN, DET to finish out. If the Panthers can recover from the drubbing we give them on Sunday, maybe they can do us a favor and end GB's playoff hopes before we come to town. Otherwise it will be on us to crush their spirits Christmas Eve.


Bold added by me-- I believe our game with the Packers is on Saturday, Dec 23, 2017. The day before Christmas Eve.


It's called Christmas Eve Eve.

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:38 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 9:08 pm
Posts: 799
Location: Training Camp Central
Post Re: Playoffs??
808vikingsfan wrote:
It's called Christmas Eve Eve.


You're not making any sense... And stop calling me Eve. :gone:

_________________
Craig S
Image


Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18130
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Playoffs??
cstelter wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
It's called Christmas Eve Eve.


You're not making any sense... And stop calling me Eve. :gone:
Surely you know christmas eve eve, eve.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.