Last Playoff Game vs Saints REFS gave the game to NO

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

tzinc
Backup

Last Playoff Game vs Saints REFS gave the game to NO

Post by tzinc »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMevQJTOUJc

the only thing that can beat the vikings in this game is the refs
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Last Playoff Game vs Saints REFS gave the game to NO

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Do we know who the head ref is yet? Hoping for Vinovich. He let's 'em play, which is advantage Vikings.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Do we know who the head ref is yet? Hoping for Vinovich. He let's 'em play, which is advantage Vikings.
Gene Steratore will serve as the game’s referee, assisted by umpire Roy Ellison, down judge Tony Symonette, line judge Mark Steinkerchner, field judge Scott Novak, side judge Boris Cheek, and back judge Greg Meyer.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Steratore is meh, but I see that the back judge is from Vinovich's crew, which is good, but the side judge is from Morelli's crew, which is bad.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I wish they could have Walt Anderson every game. Clete Blakeman is good too. I'm ok with hochuli, but the rest I'm pretty indifferent.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Vinovich is the best imo and it's not close. He calls by far the fewest penalties per game, but most importantly the least amount of DPI's, which is a huge asset to the Vikings secondary because of how they play.

Most refs do let players play more in the postseason, but Vinovinch is the most consistent I've seen and let's the game play out naturally, without too much involvement unless obvious or necessary.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Gene Steratore is "Mr. Index Card." Mike Perierra says he likes to put on a show for the cameras. But a decent zebra, I guess.

And Vikings fans, it's time to stop whining about 2009. I agree ... the Saints played dirty. The refs missed about 15 calls. Gregg Williams should have been banned from the NFL for life. Sean Payton got off easy with a year suspension.

BUT IT'S IN THE PAST.

Let's look ahead to the absolute BEATDOWN our Vikings are going to put on the Aints this Sunday. Double-digit win. Call it payback if you want. But I don't care about 2009 anymore. Beat the snot out of these guys and move on. Only one thing matters now, a trophy that bears the name of the HOF coach from our least favorite team. Just win.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Only one thing matters now, a trophy that bears the name of the HOF coach from our least favorite team. Just win.
Nice!
:appl:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
tzinc
Backup

Post by tzinc »

if you're a long time Vikings fan you know it wasn't just the Saints game

there was the Dallas playoff game where they allowed a pushoff and other favourable calls for Dallas in that game

the Vikings only loss to TB featured numerous PI calls that weren't called they really were unbeaten during the regular season that year

Vikes are one of the most screwed teams by bad officiating in the NFL's history
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

All my buddies will attest for me that I've said for yrs there are 2 refs of i ever see in public I would take the arrest and fine for punching them in the mouth. Ron Winters but first and foremost Pete Morreli. That guy def has a hatred for the Vikes for something. And I will say that Tony Corente has also joined that club. I remember SO may horrible calls Winters made against us.. Steelers game..Colts game etc. But ya know what I'm gonna be the better man and say to myself " Self, Let it Go!!!" and pray we will FINALLY get that long awaited win. Then I can let the past digressions go... and hope to never see Pete in public.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

tzinc wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMevQJTOUJc

the only thing that can beat the vikings in this game is the refs
IDK typically if we lose, it's because we find a way to beat ourselves.
From the Fjords of ValHalla