WEEK 12: Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: WEEK 14: Minnesota Vikings @ Panthers Discussion

Post by mansquatch »

allday1991 wrote: Lol so a group of people basing a video game off the sport we are talking about isn't relevant? Zero credibility? Just cause its a video game? I'll explain this again players rating are based off a panel vote which is aimed to be as unbiased as possible. Even if they didnt under cut Kendricks abit he isnt no 99. The fact that these two are being compared to Luke just reinforces the fact your being bias. I showed you a group (big group) of people that agree with me but you dismiss it because its a video game? Then say Kendricks is top 5 with no backing at all? Take off the glasses, it might not be the best source but it is worth more than a bunch of bias fans towards their teams.
I'll say it: Zero Credibility. Are they really such experts? Who are they specifically? What is their track record? Most importantly: What are their current results? Want to test them? Take your current copy of Madden and see how it ranks the best teams. The go look at the standings and see how they did. I bet Dallas, currently sitting at 6-6, is a top 5 or even top 3 team in your precious game. Dallas is not going to make the playoffs this year.

Just because something has a lot of marketing backing and media backing (read the business spent $$$ on Advertising) doesn't mean it is a be all, end all, expert. Look at the results on the field. Ask yourself why so many on here are commenting on how BAD the media broadcasters are. In that ATL game the Fox Broadcasters gushed about Julio Jones for 3 and 2/3 Quarters even though during the whole game he had 2 catches for twenty some yards. If they were such experts as their perch IMPLIES then they should have been talking about the guy preventing him from doing ANYTHING.

Another consideration is what is the aim of the madden title? Is it to be the most accurate representation of the NFL or is it to sell copies of the video game? Perhaps Kuechly is a 99 since they feel he is a more popular player even if he not actually a better player. Is that marketing or is that reality?

Look at the results someone achieves before you crown them an expert. Otherwise in today's world you will constantly be two steps behind.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

allday1991 wrote:Lol so a group of people basing a video game off the sport we are talking about isn't relevant? Zero credibility? Just cause its a video game? I'll explain this again players rating are based off a panel vote which is aimed to be as unbiased as possible. Even if they didnt under cut Kendricks abit he isnt no 99. The fact that these two are being compared to Luke just reinforces the fact your being bias. I showed you a group (big group) of people that agree with me but you dismiss it because its a video game? Then say Kendricks is top 5 with no backing at all? Take off the glasses, it might not be the best source but it is worth more than a bunch of bias fans towards their teams.
Keuchly: 89 Combined Tackles, 53 Solo, 36 Assisted
Kendricks: 87 Combined Tackles, 56 Solo, 31 Assisted
Barr: 60 Combined Tackles, 46 Solo, 13 Assisted

Stats are your friend. Next time, use them.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote:TV Map. Re subscribed to digital cable just in time.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=14
I'm pretty happy I didn't pay for streaming this year!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

#### EA and their pay to win model.

That's all I came to say but I should probably keep it on topic. Um, I think Kendricks is a top 5 MLB.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote: I'm pretty happy I didn't pay for streaming this year!
Have you heard of that new device that allows people to stream feeds from 1000 miles away? I know someone who has it, and says he watches all local sports (he lives in No. Virginia) and watches them in ND. I think he said the device was around 350$ to set up, its at his parents house. I would imagine thats going to be the next big thing if you can get private streams with little delay.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Have you heard of that new device that allows people to stream feeds from 1000 miles away? I know someone who has it, and says he watches all local sports (he lives in No. Virginia) and watches them in ND. I think he said the device was around 350$ to set up, its at his parents house. I would imagine thats going to be the next big thing if you can get private streams with little delay.
Info on that device please...That sounds clutch. Ask your friend.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Ive been trying to reach him, he was in my fantasy league for a few years. I hope his phone # is the same, he travels so much it was hard to get a hold of him. He also said the stream works on multiple devices, at the same time.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Didnt get a lot more info from him other then he loves it.

The website is Tablotv.com

Virtually every channel can be streamed live, or you can DVR it. It definetly sound like what I would use over other ways if I was living in CA again and wanted to watch live Vikes games.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:IMO, I believe Kendricks is a top 5 MLB in this league. He's so grossly underrated it's not even funny.
As I've said in the past, this is a GOOD thing. When contract time comes up, Kendricks will be paid like the 10th best MLB in the league, maybe. That'll save millions off of what we'd pay him as the 2nd best. A couple million dollars a year can make a big difference if it is used wisely (Keenum, cough cough).

Zimmer plays defense in a way to minimize individual stats. His defensive linemen maintain positional integrity, instead of going all out for individual sacks. His defensive backs are not interception machines - they just make it darn tough to find open receivers. Zimmer wouldn't take Marcus Peters in his current form on this team - he's all about the INT's, but won't tackle. And when the game is in hand for us, he just bleeds time off the clock offensively and defensively, hurting the Vikings defensive stats, but guaranteeing that we win the game.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I think this game may be the toughest game of the season.

Great defense, athletic and dangerous QB, 3rd road game in a row, almost a must win game for the Panthers.

Hoping the Vikings can squeak out a win in Charlotte on Sunday.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

allday1991 wrote:
Lol so a group of people basing a video game off the sport we are talking about isn't relevant? Zero credibility? Just cause its a video game? I'll explain this again players rating are based off a panel vote which is aimed to be as unbiased as possible. Even if they didnt under cut Kendricks abit he isnt no 99. The fact that these two are being compared to Luke just reinforces the fact your being bias. I showed you a group (big group) of people that agree with me but you dismiss it because its a video game? Then say Kendricks is top 5 with no backing at all? Take off the glasses, it might not be the best source but it is worth more than a bunch of bias fans towards their teams.
wow.

we're all vikes fans here. so I try to keep things cordial... but...

wow.
:popcorn:
i'm ready for a beer.
HOF 19
Waterboy

Post by HOF 19 »

Envious Colts fan here (have a Vikings fan in my family). We where exchanging thoughts about NFL stuff. Brought to my attention that with a Rams win and a Vikings win this weekend it would open up the possibility that once the playoffs start the Vikings would not have to play a road game until 2018 !!!.....One other thing your head coach has my vote (which doe not matter ) But SHOULD get a lot of votes that do matter for NFL Coach of The Year.....But I am just one guy.......Might find myself pulling for you guys to hoist the Lombardi.....Best of luck !!!!!
PurpleTears
Practice Squad

Post by PurpleTears »

I don't want to jinx anything...but I just don't think this will be a competitive game. Score may be low...like 17-3...but don't see Vikes ever in danger during this one. Matchups are too much in our favor with these guys. One decent receiver in Funchess...Rhodes makes that go away. We play man all day and take advantage of Cams poor accuracy, which requires then leaving Barr as FT spy back. Run nickel when McCafferey is in, move Newman to scrub on outside opposite Rhodes and assign Waynes to follow McCaffery (great tackler, good speed) run bltz on handoff, in his pocket out of backfield. Pressure from base 4 and expose Kalil. They go power to run, back to base D. Easy win I think....which likely ensures a loss?
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

HOF 19 wrote:Envious Colts fan here (have a Vikings fan in my family). We where exchanging thoughts about NFL stuff. Brought to my attention that with a Rams win and a Vikings win this weekend it would open up the possibility that once the playoffs start the Vikings would not have to play a road game until 2018 !!!.....One other thing your head coach has my vote (which doe not matter ) But SHOULD get a lot of votes that do matter for NFL Coach of The Year.....But I am just one guy.......Might find myself pulling for you guys to hoist the Lombardi.....Best of luck !!!!!
As long as the Vikings keep winning I believe what you say is true regardless of what the Rams do. I suppose that could change, but I believe the Vikes have the stronger strength of schedule in the event both the Eagles and they win out, so as it stands, they are playing for HFA throughout.

Just keep winning, just keep winning...
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

allday1991 wrote: Lol so a group of people basing a video game off the sport we are talking about isn't relevant? Zero credibility? Just cause its a video game? I'll explain this again players rating are based off a panel vote which is aimed to be as unbiased as possible. Even if they didnt under cut Kendricks abit he isnt no 99. The fact that these two are being compared to Luke just reinforces the fact your being bias. I showed you a group (big group) of people that agree with me but you dismiss it because its a video game? Then say Kendricks is top 5 with no backing at all? Take off the glasses, it might not be the best source but it is worth more than a bunch of bias fans towards their teams.
You put Randy Moss on a high school team and he'll look like a man among boys. You put Randy Moss on a pro team and he'll look like a man among boys...

Errr... OK, so Moss might be the rare individual exception, but as good as Luke might be, he's not THAT much better than either Barr or Kendricks, much less both of them together (if he's better at all).

(Just trying to inject a little humor into this)