WEEK 12: Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: WEEK 12: Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions Discussion

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I understand that the Lions already did beat us, but they seem like they could be a paper tiger.

Their 5 wins apart from us are...

Arizona Cardinals
New York Giants in a tailspin season (one of football's worst teams, easily)
The Packers without Aaron Rodgers
Browns by fewer points than we beat them by
Chicago Bears

I think beating the Redskins on the road after they beat the Seahawks and beating the Rams by 17 is easily more impressive than what they did in their last 2 games. We are not the team that played the Lions in that first game anymore. We are not going to score only 7 points against them. We have scored 20 points or more in every game following the Lions game. We were two routine field goals away from having 3 consecutive 30+ point games. I think the offense has figured it out.

I figure us to win by between 7 and 10 point. 24-17 seems like a reasonable score for us to win by.
And the Lions aren't the same team, either.

In the 5 games that Haloti Ngata was playing DT for the Lions, they gave up 373 yards rushing (74.6 yards per game).

In the 5 games since he tore his biceps and was lost for the season, they've given up 769 yards (153.8 yards per game).

Meanwhile, the Vikings have averaged 133.5 yards per game rushing since Dalvin Cook went down.

If Detroit can't stop our running game, they have no chance. Keenum feasts on play-action.

I say they can't. Vikings by 10.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurplePeopleEater wrote:I'm hoping for a MOSNTER game from Keenum so they can't pull him. The idea that many fans are still calling for Bridgwater is insane to me. Dude was a bad QB, then his knee exploded and he didn't play for 15 months. We are supposed to believe that he can be the savior? Vikes need this game bad.
Really? What made him a bad QB? Did you see the effing Oline he had? He had his hands tied at what he could do, this coaching staff give Case much more control. Case was a frigging backup QB before he was lucky enough to play this year for the much improved Vikings. Even Teddy fans are hoping for a big game from Case btw. Its the team that matters, not how much you hate a player and hope he doesnt play.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurplePeopleEater wrote: Actions speak louder than words. That's just media talk. It's Zimmer's decision and the decision is to stick with Keenum. Pretty easy when Keenum is playing better than Bridgewater ever has.
Your avatar says all I need to know about you and your posts.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

over the course of 25+starts bridgewater had 1 truly monster game, case has had 2 in 8 starts (and 2 other REALLY good games). you do the math. to think teddy is even game ready (physically) let alone mentally is laughable to me. if they decide to start him say goodbye to the season. case has built rapport with these guys and it only seems to be improving.
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

The bigger question is what crew of zebras will be there Pete morellie hates the vikes with a passion
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Raz wrote:The bigger question is what crew of zebras will be there Pete morellie hates the vikes with a passion
Haha that's true so does Ed Hoculli.
NCViking
Backup

Post by NCViking »

Raz wrote:The bigger question is what crew of zebras will be there Pete morellie hates the vikes with a passion
It's Tony Corrente.

I'd like to point out that I certainly hope for wins besides this, but if we win our 3 remaining division games, we win the division even if we lose our other 3 games and the Lions win out as we would both be 11-5.

Tie breakers:
Split head-to-head
Division record: Both 5-1
Common games: Both 8-4
Conference record: Vikings - 9-3; Lions 8-4
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Morelli. Hocculi. Corrente.

Who are these guys? They even wear pinstripes.

No wonder they stopped using a pistol to mark the end of each quarter.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

mosscarter wrote:over the course of 25+starts bridgewater had 1 truly monster game, case has had 2 in 8 starts (and 2 other REALLY good games). you do the math. to think teddy is even game ready (physically) let alone mentally is laughable to me. if they decide to start him say goodbye to the season. case has built rapport with these guys and it only seems to be improving.
That's an incredibly disingenuous statistic. We can't compare two guys who have played behind BOTH two completely different offensive lines, wide recievers, running backs (McKinnon aside) as well as offensive coordinator. The only way we'll know if Teddy is not as good as Case is if we see him on that field. End of story. You guys may throw all the biased stats every which way, but what matters is if Teddy sees the field and plays. Then the actual debate can begin.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Morelli. Hocculi. Corrente.

Who are these guys? They even wear pinstripes.

No wonder they stopped using a pistol to mark the end of each quarter.
Lol

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

Good god Stafford torches us every time.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The refs screwed us in this game but that
was a huge play and touchdown.

Then Rhodes ... awesome pick....
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

jackal wrote:The refs screwed us in this game but that
was a huge play and touchdown.

Then Rhodes ... awesome pick....
Rhodes opens a window and closes a door.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

WEEK 14: Minnesota Vikings @ Panthers Discussion

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Guys, Everson Griffen will be going up against Matt Kalil. [emoji33]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Minnesota vs. Carolina

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I don't think Carolina stands a chance. Minnesota usually dominates against Cam Newton and this is their best unit yet. Their defense may present some problems, but I really don't see how the Panthers put up many points at all. If the Panthers win, then Olsen cheated. :lol: