Week 11 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Week 11 Reaction Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Once again, no respect from the media.

The collection of 17 of the finest football minds at Sports Illustrated has us ranked 5th -- two spots BELOW the New Orleans Saints, whom we beat by 10.

I guess that was eons ago.

And they've won 8 straight to our 6.

And came back to beat Washington in OT after trailing by 15 with 3 minutes to play at home.

(Never mind that we beat the same Redskins team by 8 at their place.)

(And never mind that we destroyed a division leader, which the Saints have yet to do.)

(Never mind any of that ... they're obviously better.)
Yes super annoying. For the last 3 weeks the Rams got all the hype. We shut them down. Now the Saints get all the hype. We shut them down.

I truly believe that the Vikings and Philly have the most complete teams in the NFC. The best offenses/defenses combo. What disgusts me even more is how much the media talks up the Saints defense. They are 20th vs. the run!!! We arent even close to 20th in any defensive category. We have the #5 total offense in the NFL. The Saints are at #1. Crazy thing is, we're doing this without two of our star players. Bradford and Cook.

It's just a joke. They arent even giving Philly enough props. Everything for the past 3 weeks has been "Rams this" and "Saints that". Yet we whoop both of those teams, are the current #2 seed in the entire NFC and probably have the best defense in the NFL to go with the #5 offense. Am I missing something??!!!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I have found 2 things to be true in recent years:
1) We'll get that respect when we deserve it. Teams like the Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, etc. get preferential treatment in the Power Rankings because they're reliable. You have a good idea where they are going to be because they've been about that good for the past 5 years.

2) Our team plays better when they feel like they aren't getting their due. I'm fine with under playing our success; it's much better than overhype.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yes super annoying. For the last 3 weeks the Rams got all the hype. We shut them down. Now the Saints get all the hype. We shut them down.

I truly believe that the Vikings and Philly have the most complete teams in the NFC. The best offenses/defenses combo. What disgusts me even more is how much the media talks up the Saints defense. They are 20th vs. the run!!! We arent even close to 20th in any defensive category. We have the #5 total offense in the NFL. The Saints are at #1. Crazy thing is, we're doing this without two of our star players. Bradford and Cook.

It's just a joke. They arent even giving Philly enough props. Everything for the past 3 weeks has been "Rams this" and "Saints that". Yet we whoop both of those teams, are the current #2 seed in the entire NFC and probably have the best defense in the NFL to go with the #5 offense. Am I missing something??!!!
I agree with you here. Its sickening to me to see how the media drools all over the Saints, they could hardly control themselves with the picture of Brees and Peyton. I cant stand the obvious bias which the media has for some teams. Yet the Vikings hardly get a mention. Which is fine I guess. Less pressure for them, AT flying under the radar. But it would be nice for some recognition.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

DK Sweets wrote:I have found 2 things to be true in recent years:
1) We'll get that respect when we deserve it. Teams like the Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, etc. get preferential treatment in the Power Rankings because they're reliable. You have a good idea where they are going to be because they've been about that good for the past 5 years.

2) Our team plays better when they feel like they aren't getting their due. I'm fine with under playing our success; it's much better than overhype.
I agree. Other than the Rams, teams getting talked about have won Super Bowl's in recent memory so they get preference. I think the Rams get a lot of coverage because they have the #1 pick at the helm.

If the Vikings win the division and a playoff game, they'll get talked about, just need to use the lack of respect as fuel.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

DK Sweets wrote:I have found 2 things to be true in recent years:

And others, like the Saints, who have been dogsh!t for the past three seasons, continue to live on their 2009 post-Katrina love affair. Or Peter King's personal favorite, the Pittsburgh Steelers, who win their division every year and flop in the playoffs (yes, I know Big Ben has two rings ... so does Eli Manning).

But there are talking heads who are beginning to see the light. I give you Heath Evans, right now, on 21st & Prime (yes, I'm actually transcribing this). His answer to the question, "Give me somebody who is going to be able to challenge the Eagles in the NFC" ...
Heath Evans of NFL Network wrote:I mean, I like the Saints, but give me the Vikings. If I had to give my stamp of 44 (apparently his uniform number) approval, this Vikings defense, we can start and end the conversation right there. You can throw up Brady's passer rating. You can throw up Rodgers. You can go back to Peyton Manning. Guess what? Mike Zimmer ... he can frustrate the best of 'em. We saw him dismantle the Rams' offense this past weekend in front of the world to see. This defense isn't playing around. And you want to talk about those two wide receivers? You want to talk about their run game? You want to talk about their O-line? Nobody wants to praise Case because we're all a little concerned. Is he a backup? Is it too early to jump on the train? Well, this offense is flat-out getting it done. They leaned on that Rams defense and leaned on them, and at the end of the day, it was a blowout win. They're well coached, they're a bunch of men's men, they hit everything that moves, and week in and week out, that coaching staff wins ballgames for them.
That was a RANT, baby! He was pumped when he said this. So freaking sweet!

Heath Evans, I salute you! :rock: :appl:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: And others, like the Saints, who have been dogsh!t for the past three seasons, continue to live on their 2009 post-Katrina love affair. Or Peter King's personal favorite, the Pittsburgh Steelers, who win their division every year and flop in the playoffs (yes, I know Big Ben has two rings ... so does Eli Manning).

But there are talking heads who are beginning to see the light. I give you Heath Evans, right now, on 21st & Prime (yes, I'm actually transcribing this). His answer to the question, "Give me somebody who is going to be able to challenge the Eagles in the NFC" ...
That was a RANT, baby! He was pumped when he said this. So freaking sweet!

Heath Evans, I salute you! :rock: :appl:
Thanks for posting that, Kapp. That was great!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Found this in a Falcons board.

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

808vikingsfan wrote:Found this in a Falcons board.

Wow. This guy is good.