Week 11 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Week 11 Reaction Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Statement win all around (minus Kai).

Go!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Week 11 Reaction Thread

Post by purplehaze »

Kudos to the whole team except for Forbad. And I tell you what, Case just keeps winning. He is the man right now. The dude makes plays and never gets sacked.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikings defense held the #1 team in third-down offense to 3-11. 254 total yards.

Time of Possession:

Rams; 22:38 Vikings: 37:22
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. Maybe not after today?

OL played great. Keenum had time and they were able to run the football.

Anthony Harris tremendous in relief.

Keenum had an incredible game, great anticipation on the blitz and put the ball in some tight windows. Did a good job picking up first downs with his legs too.

David Morgan is a hell of a blocker, made some key backside seals on many of those big runs.

That Thielen guy is pretty good.

Execution in the first half could have been better, lots of penalties extending drives and killing our own drives.

Harrison Smith is not just a great athlete, he's got great football IQ. He and the defense had a great rebound.

Let's hope Remmers, Robison, and Sendejo can come back on a very short week.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Who's pumped?

Anybody?

I am!

Oh my gosh, that was amazing to watch. We just held the No. 1 offense in the NFL to 254 yards and 7 points, with 54 of them coming in complete garbage time. If not for Kai Forbath, we would have put up 451 and 30 against their defense.

And I have to say ... it felt GOOD to shut Charles Davis up. That guy was slobbering all over the Rams all game long. The last 10 minutes of the broadcast, all they talked about was the Rams. I was SO GLAD they didn't score on that last drive. So fitting.

Mike Zimmer called it like a prophet. The Vikings' O-line wore down the Rams. So sweet. And Case Keenum ... he's the starter, guys. It's that simple. He's making the right plays. He's taking no sacks. He even rushed for 20 yards.

That, Vikings fans, was domination.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

This team starts slow on the defense. Apart from their opening possession touchdown, this defense didn't even allow 150 yards and ZERO POINTS. This was the top point scoring team in the league and after their scripted first 10 plays, we SHUT THEM DOWN TO CHINA TOWN.

A team with Gurley didn't even get 50 yards rushing on us!

Case Keenum is an unsackable bandit and Thielen is great. This was another game of great rushing, too. We rushed for 171 yards and two touchdowns! Last season, our average was less than 75 yards and well under 1 rushing touchdown. Our rushing performance and offensive line performance is flying under the radar. We are INCREDIBLY better rushing than we used to be last season.

To take the number 1 scoring defense and totally shut them down after their first possession is VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Everybody should know who we are but I predict us to continue to be underestimated, WHICH IS RIGHT WERE WE WANT THEM TO BE

CASE MVPEENUM 300+ TOTAL YARDS NO SACKS
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Hunter Morrow wrote:This team starts slow on the defense. Apart from their opening possession touchdown, this defense didn't even allow 150 yards and ZERO POINTS. This was the top point scoring team in the league and after their scripted first 10 plays, we SHUT THEM DOWN TO CHINA TOWN.

A team with Gurley didn't even get 50 yards rushing on us!

Case Keenum is an unsackable bandit and Thielen is great. This was another game of great rushing, too. We rushed for 171 yards and two touchdowns! Last season, our average was less than 75 yards and well under 1 rushing touchdown. Our rushing performance and offensive line performance is flying under the radar. We are INCREDIBLY better rushing than we used to be last season.

To take the number 1 scoring defense and totally shut them down after their first possession is VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Everybody should know who we are but I predict us to continue to be underestimated, WHICH IS RIGHT WERE WE WANT THEM TO BE

CASE MVPEENUM 300+ TOTAL YARDS NO SACKS
Dude, we were underestimated BY THE ANNOUNCERS at the end of THIS GAME. They kept talking about the Rams as if this was nothing but a blip on the radar. Then Kevin Burkhart asked, "What about this Vikings team? Are they for real?"

THEY'RE 8-2 AND JUST DOMINATED THE NO. 1 OFFENSE IN THE NFL, and oh, by the way, put up 451 yards total offense themselves! What kind of question is that? And Olsen and Davis had to THINK about it before they answered!

The idiot talking heads can keep on underestimating us. Even if we're the first team to host a Super Bowl, they'll underestimate us. As long as we keep winning, that's fine by me.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

There's also a huge disparity in talent between the NFC and AFC this year. There are some really good NFC teams with weak records and a good amount of great teams at the top. The AFC has the Steelers....and? KC who just lost to the Giants? New England who lost to KC and can barely beat the Jets?

It sucks but the NFC playoffs will be brutal compared to what I'm predicting will be a much easier road for the AFC champ.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Kapp, you know the announcers always suck the AZZ of the team playing us, even as they net less than 300 total offensive yards and lose by 17. That's the way the league works. I'd love for us to be a touchdown underdog for the Super Bowl, we'd win that beeyotch by 20.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Kapp, you know the announcers always suck the AZZ of the team playing us, even as they net less than 300 total offensive yards and lose by 17. That's the way the league works. I'd love for us to be a touchdown underdog for the Super Bowl, we'd win that beeyotch by 20.
You got that right!

It's hard for me to say, but thank God for Greg Olsen today. Charles Davis was such a Ram sycophant. Olsen at least provided a little balance by crediting the Vikings when they made great plays. He actually seems like a real natural in the booth. In fact, he's already better than Aikman, and he's done one game.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Well, what do you know? We're 8-2. These guys are good. Both sides of the ball are producing positive results. Hard not to like that.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Thursdays game is huge. It'll either make the North race go down to the final game, or an afterthought.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

What a GREAT game. I havent been this excited since the ex-Packer was on this team.

Case. Best game he has played, very few mistakes, in fact only 3 I can think of, and almost any QB would have made them. I love Teddy and REALLY want to see what he can do with this new Oline, and the rushing game we have, but no way do you replace Case. He and AT have some magic going on. The defenses aernt going to know who to double cover now that AT, IMO, is our #1 WR. Schumer is calling plays Case can make, he isnt asking too much of him. And thats opening the long ball. At this point, it wouldnt surprise me if Zimmer calls Case our #1 QB.

AT....Best WR the Vikings have had since Carter and Moss. Absolutely amazing. (I wonder how many time I misspell amazing?).

Oline...Have to admit it, I think Rick has fixed the Oline problems. Both run and Pass blocking are as good as any Vikings team I can imagine. Some of those holes Murray had were huge, and Murray took advantage with some good, strong running. He is playing with some fire in his belly.

Forbath is our weak spot. He is a bit of a head case. He is missing the easy stuff. Very few of his missed extra points or FGs have been blocked or pressured.

This D is getting very very close to "elite" or as good as the Vikings have ever had.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

It's a shame JordysGhost isn't here anymore.

During the offseason, I compared Adam Thielen to Jordy Nelson. Same body type, same ability to get open. Thielen is actually faster.

JordysGhost absolutely laughed his butt off at me and ridiculed me for even thinking such a ridiculous thing.

Through 10 games in 2017
Adam Thielen: 62 Rec, 916 yards, 14.8 YPC, leads all NFL WRs in explosive plays.
Jordy Nelson: 35 Rec, 384 yards, 10.9 YPC, leads all NFL WRs in absolutely nothing.

Oh, and what was that final from Lambeau today? Oh yeah, 23-0.

The Defense rests.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

One other Adam Thielen note.

According to NFL.com, only one other Vikings receiver has compiled at least 900 yards in the first 10 games of a season.

His name? Randy Moss.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.