Week 10 Reaction Thread: Vikings-Redskins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

petev_sj
Veteran

Re: Week 10 Reaction Thread: Vikings-Redskins

Post by petev_sj »

Bridgewater's return would be a great humanitarian story. But It can't make me ignore all of his deficiencies.

1. His throwing motion. I mean have you ever seen any professional QB throw the ball the way he does? Hell, have you ever seen an adult male ever throw a ball like that? Being that he is 6'1" and he throws the ball at near shoulder height. If I was a Defensive Coordinator. I could plan a game where the DLs and LBs just surround Bridgewater and have 90% of his passes batted back in his face.

2. His fear of throwing deep. The reason why Bridgewater's completions percentage is so high is because he throws so many check downs. I know this board nickname for Christian Ponder was check down charlie, but if you were honest. Wouldn't that name be more fitting for Brigdewater?

Sorry I just don't understand the elevation to sainthood for TB.
Last edited by petev_sj on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

808vikingsfan wrote: You can't put the entire 30 on the defense. At the very least, 7 points were directly related to Keenum's turnovers.
yea, game should of been over at 35-20
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

808vikingsfan wrote: You can't put the entire 30 on the defense. At the very least, 7 points were directly related to Keenum's turnovers.
No doubt. I think officially it was 10 points off turnovers. And that doesn't count the potential points the Vikings could have scored themselves. On the first pick, the Vikings were driving in Washington territory.

For the record, the 38 points the offense put up DID create a buffer for a couple of bad plays. In fact, with our defense, 38 points is an absolute luxury. The Vikings under Mike Zimmer are 24-2 when they put up 21 points or more (7-21 when they don't, counting the postseason).
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

Agreed. I saw that hole in my point. But still, our defense is better than that, and if they are playing like they do when they're on, 38 points and a couple interceptions are enough. And because of that, people shouldn't put too much weight on Case for those interceptions. I think those interceptions aren't any worse that the D giving up 30 points.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

The Vikings are 7-2. No matter what mistakes were made, what comparisons are summarized, the Vikings are 7-2. Hard not to like that.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

The-Purple-Reign wrote:Agreed. I saw that hole in my point. But still, our defense is better than that, and if they are playing like they do when they're on, 38 points and a couple interceptions are enough. And because of that, people shouldn't put too much weight on Case for those interceptions. I think those interceptions aren't any worse that the D giving up 30 points.
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

CbusVikesFan wrote:The Vikings are 7-2. No matter what mistakes were made, what comparisons are summarized, the Vikings are 7-2. Hard not to like that.
a

That's the spirit! :appl:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

petev_sj wrote:Bridgewater's return would be a great humanitarian story. But It can't make me ignore all of his deficiencies.

1. His throwing motion. I mean have you ever seen any professional QB throw the ball the way he does? Hell, have you ever seen an adult male ever throw a ball like that? Being that he is 6'1" and he throws the ball at near shoulder height. If I was a Defensive Coordinator. I could plan a game where the DLs and LBs just surround Bridgewater and have 90% of his passes batted back in his face.

2. His fear of throwing deep. The reason why Bridgewater's completions percentage is so high is because he throws so many check downs. I know this board nickname for Christian Ponder was check down charlie, but if you were honest. Wouldn't that name be more fitting for Brigdewater?

Sorry I just don't understand the elevation to sainthood for TB.
I'm not seeing a lot of fear in this throwing motion.
TB to Charles Johnson 2015.

I kinda like this one, too.
TB to Charles Johnson preseason 2016.

Then we have these highlights, which are from right before he went down.
TB vs. Chargers, preseason 2016.

Teddy's throwing motion wasn't pretty when he came up to the Vikings, but that last video proves that he had been working on it and improving it in a big way. He's also 17-11 as a starter. If we're going to credit Keenum for "just winning," then we have to credit TB, as well.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The-Purple-Reign wrote:Agreed. I saw that hole in my point. But still, our defense is better than that, and if they are playing like they do when they're on, 38 points and a couple interceptions are enough. And because of that, people shouldn't put too much weight on Case for those interceptions. I think those interceptions aren't any worse that the D giving up 30 points.
Yep. Interceptions happen. No doubt.

Here's the thing ... this year's history shows that the Vikings' defense isn't going to play like that very often. In the "Not Elite" thread, I pointed out that the game against Washington was an aberration for our defense. The most yardage they'd given up in a game all season to that point was 344, and they'd held five straight opponents to under 300. Until yesterday, only the Steelers had scored as many as 20 points.

I don't know if our defense is elite, but it's awfully good. If our offense scores at anywhere near the rate they did yesterday, we're going to win virtually every game.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

The-Purple-Reign wrote:a

That's the spirit! :appl:
Thanks. While everyone is picking apart everything that went wrong, I'm basking in the fact that it's not being done with smoke and mirrors. And relishing the fact that basically the Vikings are flying under the radar and nobody is giving them a punchers chance of even winning the division.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

For the record, I still don't agree with the officials overturning the TD catch by Harris. Looking at the replay, it looks like the ball squirts out a bit while Harris is sliding on his back. How can they confirm possession before his body goes OOB? Not enough evidence on replay. In fact, like I said, it looks like the ball moves. That's why he cradles the ball with his other hand. If he wasn't so close to the sideline, yeah, it's a catch no doubt. But because the play happens so close to the sidelines, I can't see how they can overturn it. Good effort though.

https://youtu.be/OckuNpHX-OA?t=38
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

CbusVikesFan wrote: Thanks. While everyone is picking apart everything that went wrong, I'm basking in the fact that it's not being done with smoke and mirrors. And relishing the fact that basically the Vikings are flying under the radar and nobody is giving them a punchers chance of even winning the division.

NICE.

There was a moment Sunday when Case and Theilen were on the sidelines have a BLAST and man it just felt good to see that. These guys love playing for this team and they are having fun. Really cool to be a part of that.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Nasty Elflein rep (I watched this 9x). Special mention to McKinnon on the blitz pickup.

https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/sta ... 5321526273
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Texas Vike wrote:
NICE.

There was a moment Sunday when Case and Theilen were on the sidelines have a BLAST and man it just felt good to see that. These guys love playing for this team and they are having fun. Really cool to be a part of that.
This group is definitely a team. I've been waiting for this for quite a while. A team with a good chemistry and laying it all out for each other.
This week is a big test. They have to pull it off however they can. Elflien has his biggest challenge with Donald. He's been creating havoc in recent weeks. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Probably be sbit games on again this week here. I can smell it in the works.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

CbusVikesFan wrote:The Vikings are 7-2. No matter what mistakes were made, what comparisons are summarized, the Vikings are 7-2. Hard not to like that.
As Bill Parcells would say "You are what your record says you are". We are 5 games over .500. That's pretty sweet. And we are there because we fully deserve to be there.