Vikings Schedule vs. Lions Schedule

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Grashopa
Franchise Player

Vikings Schedule vs. Lions Schedule

Post by Grashopa »

For giggles i peaked at the Lions schedule this morning, what i found was concerning...

Lions remaining schedule
Cle (0-8)
@Chi (3-5)
Min (6-2)
@Bal (4-5)
@TB (2-6)
Chi (3-5)
@Cin (3-5)
GB (4-4)
Combined Record (25-40)

Vikings remaining schedule
@Was (4-4)
LA (6-2)
@Det (4-4)
@Atl (4-4)
@Car (6-3)
Cin (3-5)
@GB (4-4)
Chi (3-5)
Combined Record (34-31)

The Lions have a vastly easier remaining schedule. The only team currently with a winning record is us, but its at home on Thanksgiving. The Vikings on the other hand only play 2 teams with losing records and both those games are at home. Just seeing the difference in competition for the Lions and the Vikings makes me realize that the road to a division title will not be an easy one and the next three games will be what makes us or breaks us.
Formerly AADPFan
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Vikings Schedule vs. Lions Schedule

Post by 720pete »

Look at who we've beaten:

Saints (They now look like a different team after a week 1 drubbing)
Buccaneers
Bears
Packers (w/o Rodgers)
Ravens (w/o any starting receivers)
Browns

Now I'll say this, you can only win the games that you're scheduled to play. But we have had a very easy schedule thus far. The next few weeks will really test this team.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

720pete wrote:Look at who we've beaten:

Saints (They now look like a different team after a week 1 drubbing)
Buccaneers
Bears
Packers (w/o Rodgers)
Ravens (w/o any starting receivers)
Browns

Now I'll say this, you can only win the games that you're scheduled to play. But we have had a very easy schedule thus far. The next few weeks will really test this team.
And look at who the Lions have beaten thus far.

Cardinals (terrible)
Giants (worse than terrible)
Vikings (helped by the loss of Dalvin Cook and 3 turnovers in Vikings territory)
Packers (also w/o Rodgers)

We'll be favored in at least 4 of our remaining games -- Redskins (line is currently -2), Bengals, Packers and Bears.

Win the games we're favored in, beat the Lions on Thanksgiving Day, and that puts us at 11-5. Best the Lions could do in that case is 11-5.

I would not bet against the Vikings at home against the Rams, even though the Rams are pretty good. The best defense they've faced thus far is Seattle's -- the Seahawks held them to 10 points and beat them.

I also would not bet against the Vikings at Carolina. Zimmer has Cam's number, and they have no running game except for Cam.

12 wins for the Vikings would not surprise me, even though our schedule is not easy. 10 wins would not surprise me, either.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: And look at who the Lions have beaten thus far.

Cardinals (terrible)
Vikings (helped by the loss of Dalvin Cook and 3 turnovers in Vikings territory)

We'll be favored in at least 4 of our remaining games -- Redskins (line is currently -2), Bengals, Packers and Bears.

Win the games we're favored in, beat the Lions on Thanksgiving Day, and that puts us at 11-5. Best the Lions could do in that case is 11-5.

I would not bet against the Vikings at home against the Rams, even though the Rams are pretty good. The best defense they've faced thus far is Seattle's -- the Seahawks held them to 10 points and beat them.

I also would not bet against the Vikings at Carolina. Zimmer has Cam's number, and they have no running game except for Cam.

12 wins for the Vikings would not surprise me, even though our schedule is not easy. 10 wins would not surprise me, either.
I hadn't looked at the games Detroit had played until you pointed it out - good point! I feel pretty confident that we beat Detroit on Thanksgiving to give us an extra boost, so I, like you, feel very confident in double digit wins/playoffs.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: And look at who the Lions have beaten thus far.

Cardinals (terrible)

Add to this the fact that ATL is also in a serious funk. Both of those NFC S games are far from decided, even if both are on the road. I said this earlier today, but with Sherman likely done for the regular season, the NFC is even more up for grabs. SEA can't rely on street ball if that defense can't shut down the other offense.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

True or false: Sherman is as big of a loss for the Seahawks as Rodgers was for the Packers?
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

DK Sweets wrote:True or false: Sherman is as big of a loss for the Seahawks as Rodgers was for the Packers?
False. While Sherman is huge for the Seahawks, unlike Rodgers for the Packers, Sherman is not the entire team. The Seahawks will still likely finish second in the West and maybe get a wildcard slot. The Packers' season ended when Rodgers went down.