Hasan: Start Teddy Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Hasan: Start Teddy Bridgewater

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

mosscarter wrote:If bridgewater is the future the future is looking dim. There is no reason case should be benched. But if he is I will look forward to Teddy’s 190 yard passing games with 1 td if we are lucky. That’s probably about his average over two years his stats are easily bottom 5 starters in the league.
Im going to have to go back to foe-ing you. Never seen smh for one player as you have for Teddy.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Joe Theismann: Game Will Come Back Quickly for Teddy

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-viki ... _/id/24389
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Joe Theismann: Game Will Come Back Quickly or Teddy

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-viki ... _/id/24389
I like how you only post articles that support your opinion. I still don't see why everyone thinks Teddy is the long term answer. I guess we will find out.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I like how you only post articles that support your opinion. I still don't see why everyone thinks Teddy is the long term answer. I guess we will find out.

Did I not post that Jarius Wright was more reserved in his opinion and pretty much gave the opinion that he'd rather stick with what's working (i.e. Case)?

Sorry I can't find too many articles that say Teddy is still injured and will suck if given the opportunity to play.

:confused:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Did I not post that Jarius Wright was more reserved in his opinion and pretty much gave the opinion that he'd rather stick with what's working (i.e. Case)?

Sorry I can't find too many articles that saw Teddy is still injured and will suck if given the opportunity to play.

:confused:
I don't see that article anywhere.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I like how you only post articles that support your opinion. I still don't see why everyone thinks Teddy is the long term answer. I guess we will find out.

I like it! Keep posting!

Truth is, no one knows, not even Teddy. Like you said, we will soon find out.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I like how you only post articles that support your opinion.
Why criticize that?

It's better than just opining with no support.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I don't see that article anywhere.

Bottom of page4 in Sam-Teddy-Case thread
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

mansquatch wrote:
I agree with your assessment of the mood. I think there are a lot of other issues with regards to Teddy fitting into the current offense, not the least of which are his likely lack of rapport with Adam Thielen (in the sense he's never thrown to him in a game before) and lack of any time playing with the current OC.

I think on that football stuff we have to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt. They got SB up to speed last year in 3 weeks. This is a rare instance where we can say "they've done it before." I just hope they are conservative on this and do not produce another "Josh Freeman Game". They came close in starting SB on MNF @ Soldier Field a few weeks ago, but at least they had the good sense to pull him. Let us hope they do not go down that road with TB.

I'm taking what I think is a conservative view on this: Until they are sure TB is at 95% of Keenum, they probably need to play Keenum. They'll run risk of losing the locker room and potentially dropping some winnable games during a tough stretch of the schedule if they start TB too soon. They've got a good thing going right now momentum/ confidence wise and that should not be discarded carelessly just because they believe TB has a higher ceiling than Keenum. They need to keep playing at a high level and continuing to win. After the injuries to SEA last night we have the undisputed best defense in the NFL. It's time to capitalize.
Not to be argumentative (I'm frequently wrong myself) but Teddy practiced with Thielen for two years (plus last offseason/preseason) and did complete 20 passes (for 1 TD) to Thielen in the regular season.

I've seen that pop up a couple of times and I just wanted to point out that it might not be as big of learning curve as many people think.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

You should go out post articles that support your opinion.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Here's an article that, while mostly putting a positive take on Bridgewater's rehab, did have this rather sobering information:
This is not to say Bridgewater’s rehab was necessarily better than Culpepper’s or that Teddy will have more success coming back than Daunte — who went just 3-17 as a starter for three different teams after his injury.

Another article that is a cautious take on getting 'excited' about Bridgewater returning.
How soon we all forget that last time we saw Teddy Bridgewater we were all criticizing his play. He can’t throw the deep ball…he’s not comfortable taking risks…he holds onto the ball too long…he can’t read through his routes fast enough. Those were all things that we said, I said, everybody said.
I tend to agree with the comments at the bottom of the article (the ones that point out Bridgewater's statistical shortcomings can be attributed to OL play, an offense focused on running the ball, etc.) but wanted to post these links just to illustrate there are articles that offer an opposing view.

My biggest worry with Bridgewater is his mobility (after rehab). If his teammates say Bridgewater is throwing pretty well, I think they are in a better position to know that aspect of his game than I am.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!