View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Ravens @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 7 
Fenrir

Post Re: Ravens @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 7
808vikingsfan wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
S197 wrote:
Huge to get wins while the team is hurt. Hopefully guys start coming back after the bye because the schedule gets ugly.

Glad to see Murray with a good game. Other than Waynes, defense was solid all around. Isidora looked alright out there, good to see some OL depth. Forbath did a good job today other than the PAT. I still think they should stop kicking from the hash. It didn't work for Walsh and it's not working for Forbath.

Outside of the late TD I thought Waynes played well

I counted 2 bad plays, maybe 3. Are we being a little too hard on Waynes? He was in good position for most of the day. Made a few good plays too.

He tackles well but he doesn't seem to track the ball very well. Part of it could be due to his counterparts being very good but I think some of it is how he plays.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:32 pm
Commissioner

S197 wrote:
He tackles well but he doesn't seem to track the ball very well. Part of it could be due to his counterparts being very good but I think some of it is how he plays.

Agreed. He also was going up against 2nd-third-string guys so keep that in perspective.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:34 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

808vikingsfan wrote:
S197 wrote:
Huge to get wins while the team is hurt. Hopefully guys start coming back after the bye because the schedule gets ugly.

Glad to see Murray with a good game. Other than Waynes, defense was solid all around. Isidora looked alright out there, good to see some OL depth. Forbath did a good job today other than the PAT. I still think they should stop kicking from the hash. It didn't work for Walsh and it's not working for Forbath.

I counted 2 bad plays, maybe 3. Are we being a little too hard on Waynes? He was in good position for most of the day. Made a few good plays too.

I think so. If the guy gets a 15 yard pass caught on him everyone gripes about it. They have to throw at 1 of our two corners every time and its not going to be Rhodes so we should expect that will happen from time to time. The kid isn't playing bad this year. I just feel like everyone puts Rhodes up on a pedestal and tries to match Waynes up to him and thats just not realistic

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:57 pm
Career Elite Player

This is cool

https://twitter.com/VikingUpdate/status ... 6197012480

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:18 pm
Career Elite Player

S197 wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:

He does seem to play the WR more than the ball. But he's usually in good position so it does put pressure on the QB to make a perfect pass. Still, I think he's a strength to this defense more than a liability.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:25 pm
Hall of Famer

I dont think Ive seen an entire game when Waynes plays well. Thats why QBs throw so balls his way. He has Rhodes on the other side, so he will see more action, but he relies on his speed at the last second to bail him out. And sometimes I swear he has no idea where the ball is. Kind of like when Case throws some balls, I have no idea who the target is, but he is lucky and doesn't get picked off.

It did take Rhodes a few years to get to the shutdown corner he is, I keep hoping Waynes will turn out the same way.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:41 pm
Hall of Famer

That's awesome, to see the fans getting into the game like that. Would love to go to a game yet this year. *crosses fingers*

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 pm
Starter

I have read this thread, but will. Just wanted to jump in and say they're now funner to watch than the 5-0 vikings. (for me anyway)

:govikes:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8