If all 4 QBs were healthy right now, who would you start?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

If all 3 Vikings QBs were in 100% perfect health and ready to play, who would you start right now?

Sam Bradford
70%
Teddy Bridgewater
29%
Case Keenum
2%
Kyle Sloter
No votes

Total votes: 56

Purple Martin
Starter

Re: If all 4 QBs were healthy right now, who would you start

Post by Purple Martin »

Bradford. No question.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Week 10 can't get here fast enough. I am dying to see who starts. Nobody voted Keenum?
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Sorry, did not see this thread.

#TeamKeenum
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

720pete wrote:Week 10 can't get here fast enough. I am dying to see who starts. Nobody voted Keenum?
^^ yeah this guy :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Purple Martin wrote:Bradford. No question.

You forgot to add "it's not even close" :tongue:
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I voted Teddy but I think I would start Keenum against the Redskins. The OL has a good feel for how Keenum moves in the pocket. If Bridgewater is truly ready, I'd keep giving him reps in practice and wait for the right time.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
mavherzog
Rookie

Post by mavherzog »

I voted Bradford. However, Keenum has done a GREAT job this season.

Ultimately, i would love to see Bridgewater make a great comeback!!!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I understand the desire to keep Keenum in there, but I completely disagree. Keenum has facilitated the offense, but I haven't seen him take over and honestly, I don't expect him too. That is truly nothing against Case - he's outperformed what I thought he could do - but he still isn't somebody that I think can actually lead us to the Super Bowl.

Sam Bradford isn't coming back. I'm not going to argue, I'll just eat crow if I'm wrong. The best we can expect from him (and my personal hope) is the best darn backup in the league who can play for 4 weeks if necessary.

Teddy can't be wrapped in a protective bubble forever. He's put in the work, he's got medical clearance, and I'm ready to see if he can go, because he's the only QB on the roster who I think can actually elevate and create a play if called on at this point. At this point he's either going to rebound like Peterson did, realize that knee is never going to be good enough, or somewhere in between. I want to know what that is.

Oh yeah and I guess Sloter? Nobody has taken that seriously until now, I'm not going to, either.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

DK Sweets wrote:I understand the desire to keep Keenum in there, but I completely disagree. Keenum has facilitated the offense, but I haven't seen him take over and honestly, I don't expect him too. That is truly nothing against Case - he's outperformed what I thought he could do - but he still isn't somebody that I think can actually lead us to the Super Bowl.

Sam Bradford isn't coming back. I'm not going to argue, I'll just eat crow if I'm wrong. The best we can expect from him (and my personal hope) is the best darn backup in the league who can play for 4 weeks if necessary.

Teddy can't be wrapped in a protective bubble forever. He's put in the work, he's got medical clearance, and I'm ready to see if he can go, because he's the only QB on the roster who I think can actually elevate and create a play if called on at this point. At this point he's either going to rebound like Peterson did, realize that knee is never going to be good enough, or somewhere in between. I want to know what that is.

Oh yeah and I guess Sloter? Nobody has taken that seriously until now, I'm not going to, either.
Great post! I agree with your rationale. I trust the coaching staff is going to put the player on the field that gives the team the best chance to win, I have little doubt it will be Teddy.

People can compare Teddy, Sam and Chase all they want with stat's....Its never going to be an apple's to apple's comparison no matter how emphatically people argue. This is a completely different Offense than the one Teddy played in his first two seasons. New System, different personal, a half way competent O-line......all these things MATTER!! Look no further than the Falcons and Rams for proof there.

Again, great post!!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I think there's a good chance Mike Zimmer will be considering the same question as this poll going into the next game.

A bone bruise takes 1-2 months to heal and Bradford is now at 2 months. He was progressing well enough for them to try to play him on 10/9 so unless he had a big setback in that game I'm sticking to what I've always thought - he'll be ready after the bye.

Case has been winning games and so it's tough to sit him but I don't think winning is sustainable with him. I don't think the Vikings can win the super bowl with Case at quarterback. He's done his job and done it great. He's worth every penny the Vikings paid him - and then some. I hope he's still a Viking in the future if he can be content being a backup (which I doubt).

As for Bradford vs. Bridgewater - I hope they let them fight it out in practice and let the best quarterback play if they're both healthy. As far as I'm concerned they've both got the same question; How will they look post-injury. Bridgewater hasn't played in a live game or been hit in a long time. Bradford didn't look very good against Chicago either but of course he was still obviously injured.

If it's close I hope they play Bridgewater. He may not be the future at QB but I'm more sure that Bradford isn't. He very well may give the Vikings their best chance to win this year and if so I expect him to prove it in practice.
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

808vikingsfan wrote:
You forgot to add "it's not even close" :tongue:

Its not even close.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

Cliff wrote:I think there's a good chance Mike Zimmer will be considering the same question as this poll going into the next game.

A bone bruise takes 1-2 months to heal and Bradford is now at 2 months. He was progressing well enough for them to try to play him on 10/9 so unless he had a big setback in that game I'm sticking to what I've always thought - he'll be ready after the bye.

Case has been winning games and so it's tough to sit him but I don't think winning is sustainable with him. I don't think the Vikings can win the super bowl with Case at quarterback. He's done his job and done it great. He's worth every penny the Vikings paid him - and then some. I hope he's still a Viking in the future if he can be content being a backup (which I doubt).

As for Bradford vs. Bridgewater - I hope they let them fight it out in practice and let the best quarterback play if they're both healthy. As far as I'm concerned they've both got the same question; How will they look post-injury. Bridgewater hasn't played in a live game or been hit in a long time. Bradford didn't look very good against Chicago either but of course he was still obviously injured.

If it's close I hope they play Bridgewater. He may not be the future at QB but I'm more sure that Bradford isn't. He very well may give the Vikings their best chance to win this year and if so I expect him to prove it in practice.
Bradford has already proved he's superior to Teddy in games, so he doesn't need to prove it in practice. Teddy has already proved he can't win a home playoff game so we don't need him to prove it again. "if its close" Sam gets the nod every time. But it isn't that close.
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

DK Sweets wrote:I understand the desire to keep Keenum in there, but I completely disagree. Keenum has facilitated the offense, but I haven't seen him take over and honestly, I don't expect him too. That is truly nothing against Case - he's outperformed what I thought he could do - but he still isn't somebody that I think can actually lead us to the Super Bowl.

AP rebounded to where he was before, a well above average running back. If Teddy rebounds to where he was, he will still be a below average QB. Meh. Can't understand why that appeals to anyone.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Purple Martin wrote: Bradford has already proved he's superior to Teddy in games, so he doesn't need to prove it in practice. Teddy has already proved he can't win a home playoff game so we don't need him to prove it again. "if its close" Sam gets the nod every time. But it isn't that close.
Maybe not but I'll trust the coaching staff to make the right call. We don't really know how close it is if we're being honest - there's no way we could. Teddy doesn't have enough snaps to know for sure and we don't know how he looks in practice. Bradford's injury history suggests he can't be trusted to beyond this season if he can get through the season at all and you can really tell when that knee is bothering him.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

One thing is certain there will be a lot of crow being eaten

Although I definitely feel like if Teddy were to comeback and win the superbowl there would be some folks on here who would say

"Big deal, if we had Sam instead of Noodle arm we would have won by 4 touchdowns not 2!"