If all 4 QBs were healthy right now, who would you start?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

If all 3 Vikings QBs were in 100% perfect health and ready to play, who would you start right now?

Sam Bradford
70%
Teddy Bridgewater
29%
Case Keenum
2%
Kyle Sloter
No votes

Total votes: 56

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

If all 4 QBs were healthy right now, who would you start?

Post by 720pete »

If all 4 Vikings QBs were in 100% perfect health and ready to play, who would you start right now?

EDIT - Shoot, I mean 4, not 3.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: If all 4 QBs were healthy right now, who would you start

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Bradford.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Teddy, cause Sam has proven at some time he will be injured again. If Sam didnt have the worst knee in football, now, with a bone bruise that isnt a bone bruise, ofc everyone would rather have him at the helm.
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

Bradford 7 days a week, twice on Sundays. If healthy, the biggest if maybe in all of professional sports, Sam is the best QB among the 4 by a very large margin!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Against the Ravens and Browns? I'd go with Case. My guess is Bradford's mental state would lead him to be very cautious if he got thrown into the fire now. Bridgewater has not had any time practicing with the team yet so I don't think he's ready to play.

If we're talking after the bye, it's whoever gets the most snaps in practice. With how well this team is built, I think any of the QB's will do well enough to make a playoff run. I'm more concerned with the running game TBH.

If we're talking long term. I'd like to see if Bridgewater can still move. If he can move and scramble with confidence in his knee, I'd choose him. Bradford is the better passer but I'm not sold on his strength upstairs. The way he quit in Philly. The way he gave up vs CHI. There's no fire there. Case, i'd really like to keep him as #2. Could be MVP of the season so far. He's probably better than a bunch of the Vikings #1's from the past. Sloter, who knows?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Bradford. And it's not even close.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Bradford. And it's not even close.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Agreed
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

My heart says Teddy but my head says Sam. So I voted Sam. Mostly because we saw Sam light it up in week 1 and he's been, you know, practicing (sorta). It's been over a year since we've seen Teddy so nobody has any idea what to expect (likely and obviously rust).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Love all the Anti Teddy post. The guy hasnt even had a chance to play with the new Oline, or with the receivers the way they are playing now.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Bradford is far and away, WHEN healthy, the most viable option. Teddy can do a decent job but is not the level of Bradford and probably will never be that good but still could be a champion.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

What we saw in the first game was Bradford finally in the same offense for two years in a row, with the same OC. AND apparently a line that was worth a crap, AND a back that was multi-talented. It was a beautiful thing.

THAT Bradford...well, the other three don't belong on the same page. We can only hope this blood renewal thingy that he's trying gets the same dramatic response that other players have reported. No matter if Bridgewater is physically ready to go, his mind is messed up and only extended playing time will get it right. And a year and a half from the field, practicing AND playing, is a lot of rust to knock off.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

5thWave wrote:What we saw in the first game was Bradford finally in the same offense for two years in a row, with the same OC. AND apparently a line that was worth a crap, AND a back that was multi-talented. It was a beautiful thing.

THAT Bradford...well, the other three don't belong on the same page. We can only hope this blood renewal thingy that he's trying gets the same dramatic response that other players have reported. No matter if Bridgewater is physically ready to go, his mind is messed up and only extended playing time will get it right. And a year and a half from the field, practicing AND playing, is a lot of rust to knock off.
If we can have that Bradford, I"d choose him now. That's the problem though. Unless you can erase his memory, he'll have that injury in the back of his mind. What I saw in CHI was disturbing. Makes me question his mental strength.
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

808vikingsfan wrote:
If we can have that Bradford, I"d choose him now. That's the problem though. Unless you can erase his memory, he'll have that injury in the back of his mind. What I saw in CHI was disturbing. Makes me question his mental strength.
I look at it this way: He fought back from TWO ACL surgeries to only miss one game at Philadelphia, and one last year (shoulder). In the meantime he had the crap knocked out of him last year...I mean vicious hits after unloading the ball. And Zimmer had to make him come out in Chicago. I'm not worried about Sam's mental state. If/when Teddy gets the call, I'd be more worried about his mental state coming back from a totally unforced injury...and never had it tested gametime.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

5thWave wrote: I look at it this way: He fought back from TWO ACL surgeries to only miss one game at Philadelphia, and one last year (shoulder). In the meantime he had the crap knocked out of him last year...I mean vicious hits after unloading the ball. And Zimmer had to make him come out in Chicago. I'm not worried about Sam's mental state. If/when Teddy gets the call, I'd be more worried about his mental state coming back from a totally unforced injury...and never had it tested gametime.
All valid arguments.

I felt the same way you do about Bradford. I was so impressed by him last year. Taking hit after hit while standing in the pocket. A red flag lit up for me in the Chicago game. I guess I've never seen any QB just give up like that on the field.

It's possible Bridgwater may react the same way under pressure. But watching his road to recovery and how determined he was to get to where his is now, I highly doubt it.
Last edited by 808vikingsfan on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

My opinion, not shared with many of you, is that Bradford will give us better passing stats, but Teddy will produce more victories (throwing the ball away, avoiding sacks, checking off to running plays), so I'll take Teddy.