Teddy, Teddy, Teddy!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Teddy, Teddy, Teddy!

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Home against the Ravens, win. At Cleveland, win. Bye week. At this point Minnesota officially activates Teddy to the roster and he gets one more week (total of 4). He can either take over a 6-2 team or soon after and lead Minnesota to another division title and playoff appearance. This time without Blair Walsh missing a chippy.

I realize this is best case, but I'm just gonna go ahead and believe...not like we ain't been burnt before on hope.

I'm in.

Teddy.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Teddy, Teddy, Teddy!

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Home against the Ravens, win. At Cleveland, win. Bye week. At this point Minnesota officially activates Teddy to the roster and he gets one more week (total of 4). He can either take over a 6-2 team or soon after and lead Minnesota to another division title and playoff appearance. This time without Blair Walsh missing a chippy.

I realize this is best case, but I'm just gonna go ahead and believe...not like we ain't been burnt before on hope.

I'm in.

Teddy.
I agree, this would be best case scenario, even if we dont beat the Ravens and Browns (we should beat them soundly, even with Case). Then we can see if Teddy can be the franchise QB, or another wasted high pick of a QB.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Next two games the Vikings will be favored but any given Sunday. Falcons lost today, Giants win, SF nearly wins, and Oakland is 2-4. I feel like there's a lot more parity this year between teams. Even the worst case scenario would be .500 at the bye which isn't bad all things considered. 6-2 would be incredible!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I mean right now Detroit beat us but they are not playing
good and we might take them this year at home especially
if we get a good QB rolling at the end.

Green Bay has a borderline OL, not great defense
with a few good players, no run game ...without
Rodgers they are not a playoff team.

The bears have the second best defense in our
division maybe the best run game, worst receiving
group and a promising QB that will need a least
one year to learn.

Eagles and Atlanta are the two greatest threats
in the NFC to get past.

The Vikings have enough weapons in place to get
there we just need a healthy Q.B. And consistent
play.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Teddy hasn't played in a football game in over 400 days....
He has not ran full speed drills or had contact in that long either.

His knee was dislocated and every ligament torn.

I think you guys are having false hope that you are going to see him this year.

Sorry to say but this is Keenums team for the year.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Teddy hasn't played in a football game in over 400 days....

I agree. Just because he gets cleared to practice doesn't mean he will even get activated any time this season.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Teddy hasn't played in a football game in over 400 days....

What happens if Case is injured or ineffective and Bradford is still hobbled
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

We'll find out a lot today, when Teddy is evaluated and a decision is made regarding him joining the team in full practices. If we see him out there with the team on Wednesday, not just working alone on the sidelines like he's been doing, it would be a good sign.

Troy Aikman yesterday said that Teddy has been doing pretty much everything on the side -- dropping back, cutting, making moves to avoid the rush, rolling out, etc. It's a different thing doing it against defenders, but the point is that it's not like Teddy can barely walk.

Six weeks ago, I was confident in Sam Bradford and his ability to take this team where it needs to go. But if you think about it, Bradford's knee seems to be almost functionally worse than Teddy's. What I saw against the Bears horrified me. Reminded me of the movie Friday Night Lights, where the guy insisted on playing with a terrible knee injury and got hurt far worse.

Of course, until one of them proves he's healthy enough to play, it's Keenum's team. I'm not a fan of him starting, but I'm sure glad we've got him. Where would our season be if Shaun Hill were still in that role?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

dead_poet wrote: What happens if Case is injured or ineffective and Bradford is still hobbled
Then it is Sloter time I guess. Either way I am no doctor but I don't think that Teddy comes back this year.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Another thing to consider: We are assuming the coaches will bench Keenum. Keenum had a rough game against PIT, and again vs. DET, but has lead us to victory against TB, GB, and most importantly, salvaged that road win on the road in CHI. He obviously doesn't look like Bradford did against NO, but he is winning. Changing that up mid-season could be a mistake.

Another angle: The only pass catches on this team that TB has any experience with are Diggs and Rudolph, and Diggs is injured.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just ride the Keenum train out, but keep him on a short leash.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

mansquatch wrote:Another thing to consider: We are assuming the coaches will bench Keenum. Keenum had a rough game against PIT, and again vs. DET, but has lead us to victory against TB, GB, and most importantly, salvaged that road win on the road in CHI. He obviously doesn't look like Bradford did against NO, but he is winning. Changing that up mid-season could be a mistake.

Another angle: The only pass catches on this team that TB has any experience with are Diggs and Rudolph, and Diggs is injured.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just ride the Keenum train out, but keep him on a short leash.

He didn't play well against GB, he could have easily have had 3 picks if not more. He missed on a lot of easy throws. He looks like a back up.
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

With the team putting up wins and Keenum playing the role of Game Manager effectively there's no reason to rush Teddy back. With Rogers out of the picture and Detroit having some difficulties the Division is wide open and winnable. There's no reason to upset the team balance right now.

Sam's injury did change things in my mind though. If Bradford had been healthy I would be in the camp that Teddy doesn't play at all this year. Now, not so much. I think they should, and will ride with Keenum and see what happens. If Bridgewater is cleared and Case falters 5-6 weeks from now I can see Teddy being worked in.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

He didn't play well against GB, he could have easily have had 3 picks if not more. He missed on a lot of easy throws. He looks like a back up.[/quote]

He IS a backup.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

I've made my view clear on Teddy I cannot understand the blind support of this guy as a franchise quarterback. If you actually look at his statistics over two years, they are close or as bad as any starting quarterback in the league. I think he averages 1 touchdown pass per game at best (that is pathetic). People tend to say, "he wins games." Well, that is easy to do with that defense and Peterson rushing for 1,500 yards. I would rather have Keenum in there Teddy has a noodle arm and quite frankly I don't care if he is a nice guy.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Norv Zimmer wrote:He didn't play well against GB, he could have easily have had 3 picks if not more. He missed on a lot of easy throws. He looks like a back up.

He IS a backup.[/quote]

Except everyone saying he should play out the year. Teddy should start being prepared for 1st team play immediately until he shows he isn't ready. Not artificially hold him back because Keenum is """"""playing well"""""" (if you squint and its foggy).