Week 6 reaction thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Week 6 reaction thread

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Too soon? If Aaron Rogers had Allstate insurance instead of State Farm, he would have been better protected from mayhem, like our defense

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Good one.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote:On the Packers plan to win the Super Bowl in our stadium:

https://i.imgur.com/tgO4h4d.gifv

Lol
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

808vikingsfan wrote: (Hoping) GB's season falls apart from here.

Fixed it for ya... :thumbsup:
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

People are going to invalidate this win because Rodgers went out with an injury. We started this game with our third string quarterback and without our best running back and best wide receiver and we were missing an offensive lineman. Imagine if the Packers were playing this game without Ty Montgomery, Jordy Nelson and Bryan Bulaga and the QB was Scott Tolzien.

Great defensive effort here. A bunch of sacks and interceptions and I don't care who is playing, holding a team to 227 yards and 10 points is a great showing.

We are shaking our Bad Luck Bug of always dropping potential interceptions and are even making some excellent plays for interceptions, like that Harrison Smith beauty.

McKinnon and Murray can get the job done it looks like but this team having RB fumbleitis is really aggravating.

Very good special teams effort all around.

Treadwell was actually catching passes for quality yards, including a total jawdropper catch.

Case Keenum was off and made some bad overthrows. Adam Thielen bailed him out big time by making some excellent catches on really tough targets.

Going 2-1 in our divisional games with Rodgers out for the season...We don't have to just set our sights on the Wild Card. I think we will win another 5 or 6 games and if one of them is that Lions game, I think we win the division.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Hunter Morrow wrote:People are going to invalidate this win because Rodgers went out with an injury. We started this game with our third string quarterback and without our best running back and best wide receiver and we were missing an offensive lineman. Imagine if the Packers were playing this game without Ty Montgomery, Jordy Nelson and Bryan Bulaga and the QB was Scott Tolzien.

Great defensive effort here. A bunch of sacks and interceptions and I don't care who is playing, holding a team to 227 yards and 10 points is a great showing.

We are shaking our Bad Luck Bug of always dropping potential interceptions and are even making some excellent plays for interceptions, like that Harrison Smith beauty.

McKinnon and Murray can get the job done it looks like but this team having RB fumbleitis is really aggravating.

Very good special teams effort all around.

Treadwell was actually catching passes for quality yards, including a total jawdropper catch.

Case Keenum was off and made some bad overthrows. Adam Thielen bailed him out big time by making some excellent catches on really tough targets.

Going 2-1 in our divisional games with Rodgers out for the season...We don't have to just set our sights on the Wild Card. I think we will win another 5 or 6 games and if one of them is that Lions game, I think we win the division.
Treadwell's catch was insanely good. For one, he looked like he was just hanging in mid air forever --huge jump-- and then watch what he does with his hand, he essentially pinches his fingers and thumb around the point of the ball just as it arrives. His energy today was noticeably more upbeat. I enjoyed seeing that.

I have no idea why Rodgers got his panties in a twist after Barr's clean hit. If he didn't always seek special treatment, I might actually like him. He leaves the pocket, holds the ball forever, and then wants to not run the risks that such play implies. The Pack is very mediocre without him and suddenly we are strong contenders in the North, despite our own QB injury problems.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I think Rodgers knew his injury wasn't good,and he was just frustrated about it.

Keenum didn't have a great game today, but he done enough for the win. I think his QB rating was under 50
The offensive line struggled today also...Berger was getting handled and Sirles was also struggling.
Which resulted in runs for loss or no gain. And some hurried throws for Keenum.

Sometimes Waynes looked lost out there covering Jordy.

All in All great win :thumbsup:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

halfgiz wrote:I think Rodgers knew his injury wasn't good,and he was just frustrated about it.

Keenum didn't have a great game today, but he done enough for the win. I think his QB rating was under 50
The offensive line struggled today also...Berger was getting handled and Sirles was also struggling.

All in All great win :thumbsup:
I dont think Case can get us to the SB, let alone the playoffs. I also think Sam is hurt a lot more then we've been told. Teddy may be the answer this year, but I dont have a lot of faith in that either. It really sucks cause this defense is better then last years, with a lot of backups playing well. Why Waynes was on Jordy is beyond me. Jordy has killed the Vikings, Adams, to me, is just an average WR. But it worked out. What a terrible year to have 2 QBs with knee injuries.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Great win. Game ball goes to the defense especially Harrison Smith for int and sacks.

Packers once again prove they are a 1 dimensional team. Without Rodgers, the team, the coaches, the organization, hell the town of Greenbay means nothing.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote:I think Rodgers knew his injury wasn't good,and he was just frustrated about it.

All in All great win [emoji106]
The run blocking in the 2nd half was atrocious. GB had like no healthy DBs yet we didn't try throwing down field much, we kept running the ball and losing yards. Reminded me of last season.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Phew
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Big division win today.

quick observations

Offense:
Thielen had a monster game. He made play after play. It's great to see Thielen so effective even without Diggs.
Case did fine today. He missed a bunch of passes, terrible throw on the INT but he made plays when needed.
Coley was pretty bad. I wouldn't mind seeing what Rodney can do.
OL struggled a bit but they did not give up a sack today so that should mean something. I mean compared to last year...
Running game was effective in the first half. Big chunks by both Mckinnon and Murray. Terrible in the 2nd half. Any RB's available?

Defense:
Defense dominated from the first snap. Run D, pass D, Tackling. Can't think of anything that I didn't like.
I'm glad someone mention Robison. He made a bunch of big plays today. Best game I can remember in a long time.
Didn't hear anyone mention Alexander's tip that Rhodes picked off. Maybe he's coming around.
Huge game by Harrison Smith.

Nice to see the team clean up the penalties and bonehead plays.

I thought Aikman would've been ok without Buck but I was wrong. He was terrible today.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Too soon? If Aaron Rogers had Allstate insurance instead of State Farm, he would have been better protected from mayhem, like our defense

:rofl: no, not too soon.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Keenum played a decent game with the Oline playing like last year's line. Jet is stepping up as he should. Defense is pretty good, huh?
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

After sleeping on it, I wake up feeling not nearly as satisfied after a Vikings win. A Vikings win against the Packers. I suppose it has something to do with beating them without Rodgers for most of the game. Maybe it's just Monday. Am I alone?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Fun stat:

Quarterbacks throwing into Rhodes' coverage: 52.4 QBR.

Quarterbacks throwing into Harrison Smith's coverage: 8.1 (6-15/35 yards, 3 INTs)

Per @PFF_EricEager
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly