Week 6 reaction thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Week 6 reaction thread

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Anyone else think Case tends to have balls sail on him a little? He seems to throw a lot of rainbows, but maybe that is because he has lower arm strength and needs the arc?
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I love beating GB. I do not care how it happens.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of their season goes with Rogers out. The last two seasons they've spent stretches of the season struggling even with Rogers as the Defense is just not very good. This season most of their wins have been a result of 2nd half adjustment and Rogers' magic in the 4Q. Now the Magic is gone. Biggest Loser = Ted Thompson IMO.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

720pete wrote:Anyone else think Case tends to have balls sail on him a little? He seems to throw a lot of rainbows, but maybe that is because he has lower arm strength and needs the arc?
Yes... Rainbow city.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:After sleeping on it, I wake up feeling not nearly as satisfied after a Vikings win. A Vikings win against the Packers. I suppose it has something to do with beating them without Rodgers for most of the game. Maybe it's just Monday. Am I alone?
Maybe if the Vikings were at full strength but seeing as both teams were dealing with injuries, I thought it was a solid win.

Forbath deserves a lot of credit, I criticize him a lot but he played great on Sunday.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote: Maybe if the Vikings were at full strength but seeing as both teams were dealing with injuries, I thought it was a solid win.

Forbath deserves a lot of credit, I criticize him a lot but he played great on Sunday.
There were too much times where the 2nd string QB comes in and torches the Vikings. Steve Young comes to mind.

It's hard to win in the NFL, especially this year. Plus, at the end of the season, it won't matter how you got the win.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote: There were too much times where the 2nd string QB comes in and torches the Vikings. Steve Young comes to mind.

It's hard to win in the NFL, especially this year. Plus, at the end of the season, it won't matter how you got the win.
True. But the Packer fans' "yeah but!!!" get really annoying.

Of course, much of what they say and do is annoying.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Wasn't perfect but good enough for the W. As mentioned by a previous poster I really hated how they went into ultra conservative mode later in the game. I was really hoping for one more td but oh well. Hope Floyd is back up to snuff soon and gets more targets as well as Treadwell. Confidence is key here for both these guys and for Keenum to feed off that. Murray obviously needs an ol that opens holes as he doesn't have much/any wiggle but seems like an upgrade over Asiata from a running standpoint.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

autobon7 wrote:. Murray obviously needs an ol that opens holes as he doesn't have much/any wiggle but seems like an upgrade over Asiata from a running standpoint.
Murray is averaging a robust 2.4 YPC. Asiata was a yard more his last season here and 3.9 in 2015.

Murray has been pretty bad.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

720pete wrote:Anyone else think Case tends to have balls sail on him a little? He seems to throw a lot of rainbows, but maybe that is because he has lower arm strength and needs the arc?
I've said it in other threads. He isn't super accurate. He's accurate enough to hit 60% of his throws, but not accurate enough to consistently fit the ball into tight windows, throw receivers open, or hit them in stride. One throw will be amazing, the next mediocre.

PacificNorseWest made a good point that I agree with ... his size, likely 6 feet even, can be a detriment. He throws from a variety of arm angles, where he probably needs to throw more over the top because of his small size.

That being said, I love his leadership, his mobility, and his moxie. In another era, he might have been an All-Pro. In this era, he's a hell of a good backup.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote: Murray is averaging a robust 2.4 YPC. Asiata was a yard more his last season here and 3.9 in 2015.

Murray has been pretty bad.
Totally agree, DP. I've been disappointed. For a big man, he goes down pretty easily. I'm hoping it's remnants of the ankle surgery because he doesn't seem to have any power or wiggle.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Totally agree, DP. I've been disappointed. For a big man, he goes down pretty easily. I'm hoping it's remnants of the ankle surgery because he doesn't seem to have any power or wiggle.
Or vision.

I think I read he's not 100%. I have pretty low confidence in a big or even 4-5-yard gain when he's in for McKinnon.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Murray is a poor man's Demarco Murray who is a poor man's Eddie George who is a poor man's Adrian Peterson. It's very strange seeing a big back who is built like that appear to run the football with such trepidation. He had a few good runs, but it was all the Oline's doing. If McKinnon goes down, they're in trouble.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

dead_poet wrote:After sleeping on it, I wake up feeling not nearly as satisfied after a Vikings win. A Vikings win against the Packers. I suppose it has something to do with beating them without Rodgers for most of the game. Maybe it's just Monday. Am I alone?
I'm with you. But then again, I was feeling that way after the first quarter. The game went from "gosh, we have a small chance even without all our best skill players - I hope we win", to "well, this is easy now, unless we really blow it". It went from being a statement game to being just another game we won against an inferior team.

Another reaction is that the Pack is in real trouble. I can see them going 3-7 without Rogers. Just our luck - they'll get a high first round pick and draft another HOF QB, like it's their birthright.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

John_Viveiros wrote: I'm with you. But then again, I was feeling that way after the first quarter. The game went from "gosh, we have a small chance even without all our best skill players - I hope we win", to "well, this is easy now, unless we really blow it". It went from being a statement game to being just another game we won against an inferior team.

Another reaction is that the Pack is in real trouble. I can see them going 3-7 without Rogers. Just our luck - they'll get a high first round pick and draft another HOF QB, like it's their birthright.
Nah. Hundley is pretty good. Not Rodgers level but not nearly inept as some of the other starters and backups out there. Not going to lie, though, my nightmare of the Packers winning the Super Bowl in Minnesota has gotten tougher for them (thank God). There'd be really no way to recover from that. I don't think that Packers finish below .500. if they do, it won't be by much.