View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Week 6 reaction thread 
Commissioner

Post Week 6 reaction thread
Sucks for Rodgers and GB but Barr's hit was clean.

Not a great offensive performance today. Case was off from the get-go. Theilen had a good day, as did Harry and McKinnon (save for that terrible fumble). Forbath was money. Hopefully Barr can get cleared and Diggs/Sendejo return. Sirles was bad. O-line was rough all day. Good day for Treadwell. Wonder why he played more over Floyd.

Tied for first!

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:27 pm
Fenrir

Post Re: Week 6 reaction thread
Good to see Treadwell get involved, that was a ridiculous catch. Both sides riddled with injuries but winning at home against a division rival is huge. Robison may have lost his starter position but still making clutch plays.

TB news tomorrow will be interesting. We have two very winnable games then a bye for him to get up to speed...

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:35 pm
All Pro Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:

Not a great offensive performance today. Case was off from the get-go. Theilen had a good day, as did Harry and McKinnon (save for that terrible fumble). Forbath was money. Hopefully Barr can get cleared and Diggs/Sendejo return. Sirles was bad. O-line was rough all day. Good day for Treadwell. Wonder why he played more over Floyd.

Tied for first!

Floyd got a calf injury. That was a heck of a grab Treadwell made.
I thought he had a good game!

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:45 pm
Commissioner

halfgiz wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

Tied for first!

Floyd got a calf injury. That was a heck of a grab Treadwell made.
I thought he had a good game!

Ugh. I was worried about an injury when I saw him holding his helmet on the sidelines. Hopefully minor.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:55 pm
Career Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:

Tied for first!

Aren't the Vikings technically in first ? Head to Head vs GB right?

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:56 pm
Hall of Famer

The receiver had one heck of a game, with some awesome catches. I dont Case was anything special today, but he put the ball in the area of the receivers so they could make a play on the ball. Some of those passes could have easily been INTs. Treadwells catch was impressive AND I saw him open a few other times. Diggs, AT and Treadwell may be able to get us to the next level.

Smith was so great. Suck a good blitzer and tackler. And a DB that can make INTs. Rhodes and Waybe also had one a piece.

Right now I think our weakest 2 Positions is QB ( I just dont trust Case to not throw some INTS and just inaccurate passes) and RB. Im not a Murray fan, but I am happily starting to like Jet. Didnt like him returning kicks. I would still like to see Waynes back there returning kicks.

4 wins already (when I was pretty sure we would only get 8 all year). In first place in the division. Hard not to be a bit excited. I really hope Teddy is healed up completely and can start soon. I think he will like the new Oline.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:57 pm
Career Elite Player

Interesting to see if GB's season falls apart from here.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:59 pm
Hall of Famer

808vikingsfan wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

Tied for first!

Aren't the Vikings technically in first ? Head to Head vs GB right?

We win the tie breaker.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:00 pm
Hall of Famer

Thielen, Rudolph and McKinnon (despite the fumble) came up big today for the Vikings. McKinnon is turning into a TD machine, and Thielen is just so solid. Another 9 catch, 97 yard day. Rudolph had some nice plays for the Vikings over the middle.

Loved how Laquon Treadwell got involved today. If he can gain confidence -- and if the Vikings' quarterbacks can gain confidence in him -- it could be huge. With Diggs, Thielen, Floyd and Treadwell, we could have a really dynamic and versatile WR corps.

Keenum showed why he's a backup. It's not that he lacks smarts or leadership or even ability. It's about accuracy, or the lack thereof. Mediocre ball placement. Even the big game he had against the Bucs, he had some off-target throws where his receivers bailed him out. Lots of easy throws today that were caught but not really on the money. He did enough to win, or more accurately not to lose, but we need more.

The defense -- loved what I saw again today. I realize Rodgers was out, but holy cow. Just 227 total yards, with close to a third of those coming in garbage time. Harry the Hitman was phenomenal, a disruptive force all game. Waynes was really good today, with a nice pick and in on 6 tackles. The entire D-line was really on fire. Linebackers where they were supposed to be. Barr was dominating the game before his concussion. Even Kearse was OK in place of Sendejo. Really good job all around. Obviously the loss of Rodgers hurt the Pukers, but you can't let the backup tear you a new one. The Vikings didn't.

Good game out of Kai Forbath today. He never impresses me, but as long as his solid and makes the kicks he's supposed to make, he's fine by me. And the 50+ yarder ... that's just a bonus.

I didn't like how the Vikings went into the playcalling tank when it was 23-10 early in the 4th. Obviously it wasn't likely that Brett Hundley was going to bring Green Bay back, but it just seemed really early to be burning clock. Thankfully Waynes' pick stopped the Packers from pulling within 1 score. I wish we could see the Vikings stomp on a lesser opponent when they're down. And yes, without Rodgers, the Packers are a lesser opponent.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:03 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

the question is obviously hypothetical, but do you think we would have won the game if Rodgers did play? My thought is no. This team under the entire Zimmer era simply does not score enough offensive touchdowns. It has held true regardless of who has played quarterback.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:05 pm
Fenrir

On the Packers plan to win the Super Bowl in our stadium:

https://i.imgur.com/tgO4h4d.gifv

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:18 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Case looks good. He needs to look for Thielen more, IMO. But he generally hits the open WR and has good pocket presence. His accuracy is off sometimes but if he is given time, he generally gets it there.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Thielen, Rudolph and McKinnon (despite the fumble) came up big today for the Vikings. McKinnon is turning into a TD machine, and Thielen is just so solid. Another 9 catch, 97 yard day. Rudolph had some nice plays for the Vikings over the middle.

Loved how Laquon Treadwell got involved today. If he can gain confidence -- and if the Vikings' quarterbacks can gain confidence in him -- it could be huge. With Diggs, Thielen, Floyd and Treadwell, we could have a really dynamic and versatile WR corps.

Keenum showed why he's a backup. It's not that he lacks smarts or leadership or even ability. It's about accuracy, or the lack thereof. Mediocre ball placement. Even the big game he had against the Bucs, he had some off-target throws where his receivers bailed him out. Lots of easy throws today that were caught but not really on the money. He did enough to win, or more accurately not to lose, but we need more.

The defense -- loved what I saw again today. I realize Rodgers was out, but holy cow. Just 227 total yards, with close to a third of those coming in garbage time. Harry the Hitman was phenomenal, a disruptive force all game. Waynes was really good today, with a nice pick and in on 6 tackles. The entire D-line was really on fire. Linebackers where they were supposed to be. Barr was dominating the game before his concussion. Even Kearse was OK in place of Sendejo. Really good job all around. Obviously the loss of Rodgers hurt the Pukers, but you can't let the backup tear you a new one. The Vikings didn't.

Good game out of Kai Forbath today. He never impresses me, but as long as his solid and makes the kicks he's supposed to make, he's fine by me. And the 50+ yarder ... that's just a bonus.

I didn't like how the Vikings went into the playcalling tank when it was 23-10 early in the 4th. Obviously it wasn't likely that Brett Hundley was going to bring Green Bay back, but it just seemed really early to be burning clock. Thankfully Waynes' pick stopped the Packers from pulling within 1 score. I wish we could see the Vikings stomp on a lesser opponent when they're down. And yes, without Rodgers, the Packers are a lesser opponent.

I think Harris started for Sendejo. Looked ok.

Who came in for Barr?

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:05 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Lamur. Did Gedeon start?

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

Too soon? If Aaron Rogers had Allstate insurance instead of State Farm, he would have been better protected from mayhem, like our defense

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Too soon? If Aaron Rogers had Allstate insurance instead of State Farm, he would have been better protected from mayhem, like our defense

Good one.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:11 pm
Career Elite Player

S197 wrote:
On the Packers plan to win the Super Bowl in our stadium:

https://i.imgur.com/tgO4h4d.gifv

Lol

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:29 pm
Transition Player

808vikingsfan wrote:
(Hoping) GB's season falls apart from here.

Fixed it for ya... :thumbsup:

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:50 pm
Hall of Famer

People are going to invalidate this win because Rodgers went out with an injury. We started this game with our third string quarterback and without our best running back and best wide receiver and we were missing an offensive lineman. Imagine if the Packers were playing this game without Ty Montgomery, Jordy Nelson and Bryan Bulaga and the QB was Scott Tolzien.

Great defensive effort here. A bunch of sacks and interceptions and I don't care who is playing, holding a team to 227 yards and 10 points is a great showing.

We are shaking our Bad Luck Bug of always dropping potential interceptions and are even making some excellent plays for interceptions, like that Harrison Smith beauty.

McKinnon and Murray can get the job done it looks like but this team having RB fumbleitis is really aggravating.

Very good special teams effort all around.

Treadwell was actually catching passes for quality yards, including a total jawdropper catch.

Case Keenum was off and made some bad overthrows. Adam Thielen bailed him out big time by making some excellent catches on really tough targets.

Going 2-1 in our divisional games with Rodgers out for the season...We don't have to just set our sights on the Wild Card. I think we will win another 5 or 6 games and if one of them is that Lions game, I think we win the division.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Hunter Morrow wrote:
People are going to invalidate this win because Rodgers went out with an injury. We started this game with our third string quarterback and without our best running back and best wide receiver and we were missing an offensive lineman. Imagine if the Packers were playing this game without Ty Montgomery, Jordy Nelson and Bryan Bulaga and the QB was Scott Tolzien.

Great defensive effort here. A bunch of sacks and interceptions and I don't care who is playing, holding a team to 227 yards and 10 points is a great showing.

We are shaking our Bad Luck Bug of always dropping potential interceptions and are even making some excellent plays for interceptions, like that Harrison Smith beauty.

McKinnon and Murray can get the job done it looks like but this team having RB fumbleitis is really aggravating.

Very good special teams effort all around.

Treadwell was actually catching passes for quality yards, including a total jawdropper catch.

Case Keenum was off and made some bad overthrows. Adam Thielen bailed him out big time by making some excellent catches on really tough targets.

Going 2-1 in our divisional games with Rodgers out for the season...We don't have to just set our sights on the Wild Card. I think we will win another 5 or 6 games and if one of them is that Lions game, I think we win the division.

Treadwell's catch was insanely good. For one, he looked like he was just hanging in mid air forever --huge jump-- and then watch what he does with his hand, he essentially pinches his fingers and thumb around the point of the ball just as it arrives. His energy today was noticeably more upbeat. I enjoyed seeing that.

I have no idea why Rodgers got his panties in a twist after Barr's clean hit. If he didn't always seek special treatment, I might actually like him. He leaves the pocket, holds the ball forever, and then wants to not run the risks that such play implies. The Pack is very mediocre without him and suddenly we are strong contenders in the North, despite our own QB injury problems.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:18 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I think Rodgers knew his injury wasn't good,and he was just frustrated about it.

Keenum didn't have a great game today, but he done enough for the win. I think his QB rating was under 50
The offensive line struggled today also...Berger was getting handled and Sirles was also struggling.
Which resulted in runs for loss or no gain. And some hurried throws for Keenum.

Sometimes Waynes looked lost out there covering Jordy.

All in All great win :thumbsup:

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:27 pm
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:
I think Rodgers knew his injury wasn't good,and he was just frustrated about it.

Keenum didn't have a great game today, but he done enough for the win. I think his QB rating was under 50
The offensive line struggled today also...Berger was getting handled and Sirles was also struggling.

All in All great win :thumbsup:

I dont think Case can get us to the SB, let alone the playoffs. I also think Sam is hurt a lot more then we've been told. Teddy may be the answer this year, but I dont have a lot of faith in that either. It really sucks cause this defense is better then last years, with a lot of backups playing well. Why Waynes was on Jordy is beyond me. Jordy has killed the Vikings, Adams, to me, is just an average WR. But it worked out. What a terrible year to have 2 QBs with knee injuries.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:48 pm
Starter

Great win. Game ball goes to the defense especially Harrison Smith for int and sacks.

Packers once again prove they are a 1 dimensional team. Without Rodgers, the team, the coaches, the organization, hell the town of Greenbay means nothing.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:18 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

halfgiz wrote:

All in All great win [emoji106]
The run blocking in the 2nd half was atrocious. GB had like no healthy DBs yet we didn't try throwing down field much, we kept running the ball and losing yards. Reminded me of last season.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

Phew

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:20 am
Career Elite Player

Big division win today.

quick observations

Offense:
Thielen had a monster game. He made play after play. It's great to see Thielen so effective even without Diggs.
Case did fine today. He missed a bunch of passes, terrible throw on the INT but he made plays when needed.
Coley was pretty bad. I wouldn't mind seeing what Rodney can do.
OL struggled a bit but they did not give up a sack today so that should mean something. I mean compared to last year...
Running game was effective in the first half. Big chunks by both Mckinnon and Murray. Terrible in the 2nd half. Any RB's available?

Defense:
Defense dominated from the first snap. Run D, pass D, Tackling. Can't think of anything that I didn't like.
I'm glad someone mention Robison. He made a bunch of big plays today. Best game I can remember in a long time.
Didn't hear anyone mention Alexander's tip that Rhodes picked off. Maybe he's coming around.
Huge game by Harrison Smith.

Nice to see the team clean up the penalties and bonehead plays.

I thought Aikman would've been ok without Buck but I was wrong. He was terrible today.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:48 am
All Pro Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:

:rofl: no, not too soon.

Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:59 am
All Pro Elite Player

Keenum played a decent game with the Oline playing like last year's line. Jet is stepping up as he should. Defense is pretty good, huh?

Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:02 am
Commissioner

After sleeping on it, I wake up feeling not nearly as satisfied after a Vikings win. A Vikings win against the Packers. I suppose it has something to do with beating them without Rodgers for most of the game. Maybe it's just Monday. Am I alone?

Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:51 am
Commissioner

Fun stat:

Quarterbacks throwing into Rhodes' coverage: 52.4 QBR.

Quarterbacks throwing into Harrison Smith's coverage: 8.1 (6-15/35 yards, 3 INTs)

Per @PFF_EricEager

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next