Sam-Teddy-Case thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18552
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:03 am

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Theres no way Teddy plays worse then Case did that first half against the lowly Browns.
So?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24572
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by dead_poet » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:54 am

PurpleMustReign wrote:So?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
So he's saying Teddy has a higher floor (and ceiling) so playing him makes the most logical sense. I'm not sure I totally agree. I think as it stands RIGHT NOW Teddy's floor is probably a bit lower but agree with the higher ceiling.

That said, because Teddy hasn't been cleared yet (allegedly they're waiting until the deadline tomorrow) my guess is that Case starts Sunday and possibly Teddy is #2. You'd think if he was to start this week he'd have been activated yesterday and started getting all the #1 reps (he needs all he can get). That still may happen today but I doubt it.

The next couple of days will be interesting!
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

Ohjay
Veteran
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:37 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by Ohjay » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:54 am

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Waive Kyle Sloter
If that happens, he's as good as gone. With all the bad QB situations in the NFL right now, there's no way he'd make it through waivers and get signed to the Vikings practice squad. But there's something fishy about the Vikings and Sloter. They signed him for $20,000 a week to be on the practice squad, the maximum for a PS player. Do they see something in him that would cause them to keep him active over Teddy or Sam?
dead_poet wrote:Per Thomasson, "Source called it unlikely the Vikings waive Sloter for the roster spot that is needed when Teddy is activated."
I also read a tweet from a reporter that there were calls inquiring about if Vikings would be willing to trade Sloter.
Since that didn't happen I really don't think Sloter will be waived.
Sam to IR or someone else will be waived seems the most likely scenario. We will soon know :govikes:
0 x

User avatar
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6627
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by HardcoreVikesFan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:12 am

dead_poet wrote: So he's saying Teddy has a higher floor (and ceiling) so playing him makes the most logical sense. I'm not sure I totally agree. I think as it stands RIGHT NOW Teddy's floor is probably a bit lower but agree with the higher ceiling.

That said, because Teddy hasn't been cleared yet (allegedly they're waiting until the deadline tomorrow) my guess is that Case starts Sunday and possibly Teddy is #2. You'd think if he was to start this week he'd have been activated yesterday and started getting all the #1 reps (he needs all he can get). That still may happen today but I doubt it.

The next couple of days will be interesting!

I am sure Minnesota is waiting on some medical re-evaluations to clear him yet. Correct me if I am wrong, but activating him Wednesday would still allow him to practice in the first main practice of the week (typically, Minnesota has their first major practice on Wednesday).

As usual, it is All Quiet on the Sam Bradford Front. Not surprised - Sam, the team, and the medical staff have every right to conceal his injury, progress, and status. Still, part of me really wonders what exactly is going on there. Hard to justify a roster with four active QBs.
0 x
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by halfgiz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Replying to @RapSheet
As @RapSheet said yesterday, Case Keenum is likely starter this week. Bridgewater has had backup reps in 6 practices. No rush. They're 6-2.


Chris Mortensen
@mortreport
1h
Bradford not in building. Sources say he is visiting Dr. Andrews again, which means exploratory arthroscopic procedure is possible.
0 x

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by halfgiz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:05 pm

0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11418
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by S197 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:34 pm

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I am sure Minnesota is waiting on some medical re-evaluations to clear him yet. Correct me if I am wrong, but activating him Wednesday would still allow him to practice in the first main practice of the week (typically, Minnesota has their first major practice on Wednesday).

As usual, it is All Quiet on the Sam Bradford Front. Not surprised - Sam, the team, and the medical staff have every right to conceal his injury, progress, and status. Still, part of me really wonders what exactly is going on there. Hard to justify a roster with four active QBs.
He's been medically cleared and is already practicing, including taking some 1st team reps.
0 x

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by halfgiz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Yep Keenum was banged up and Teddy was # 1 QB in practice for a few days.
0 x

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3231
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by Raptorman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:18 pm

2017.

November 8th, 2017. Teddy Bridgewater will be activated. Sam Bradford will be place on IR. Sloter will will remain the #3 QB.

November 12, 2017. Case Keenum will start against the Redskins. As long as he plays well he will play the full game. Bridgewater will be active on the sidelines backing him up.

November 19, 2017. Rams come to town. The Vikings need to see what Bridgewater is capable of. I expect him to start this game and barring injury or really stinking up the joint, being the starter for the rest of the season. Keenum will back him up.

2018. Barring injury to Bridgewater, or a complete lack of ability on his part, the QB's for the Vikings going into next year will be Bridgewater, Case Keenum, (Expect a 2-3 year contract for him as back up) and Sloter. Bradford will not be retained. Bridgewater will get a 5 or 6 year contract worth about $15 million a year. About half will be guaranteed.
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
petev_sj
Veteran
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by petev_sj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Great video about Bridgewater's possible come back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4hZoJaKMlI

Quote from Aaron Rodger's cartoon character. "We'll be watching for Forbath pulling a Walsh in the Wild Card". Even injured cartoon Rodgers knows how to hurt Vikings fans.
0 x

User avatar
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Location: Missouri

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by DK Sweets » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Raptorman wrote:2017.

November 8th, 2017. Teddy Bridgewater will be activated. Sam Bradford will be place on IR. Sloter will will remain the #3 QB.

November 12, 2017. Case Keenum will start against the Redskins. As long as he plays well he will play the full game. Bridgewater will be active on the sidelines backing him up.

November 19, 2017. Rams come to town. The Vikings need to see what Bridgewater is capable of. I expect him to start this game and barring injury or really stinking up the joint, being the starter for the rest of the season. Keenum will back him up.

2018. Barring injury to Bridgewater, or a complete lack of ability on his part, the QB's for the Vikings going into next year will be Bridgewater, Case Keenum, (Expect a 2-3 year contract for him as back up) and Sloter. Bradford will not be retained. Bridgewater will get a 5 or 6 year contract worth about $15 million a year. About half will be guaranteed.
I agree comletely that that is how it will probably unfold, but I would lik to add one thing:

February 4, 2018. Teddy Bridgewater takes the field in Minnesota to thundering applause. He doesn't play particularly well, but he plays well enough (Roethlisberger's 1st SB) and becomes a legend in the north.
0 x

User avatar
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3482
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by 808vikingsfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:46 pm

Gridiron Heights, Season 2, Ep. 10: Teddy Bridgewater Is Morgan Freeman In 'Shawshank Redemption'

0 x
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by halfgiz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Raptorman wrote:2017.

November 8th, 2017. Teddy Bridgewater will be activated. Sam Bradford will be place on IR. Sloter will will remain the #3 QB.

November 12, 2017. Case Keenum will start against the Redskins. As long as he plays well he will play the full game. Bridgewater will be active on the sidelines backing him up.

November 19, 2017. Rams come to town. The Vikings need to see what Bridgewater is capable of. I expect him to start this game and barring injury or really stinking up the joint, being the starter for the rest of the season. Keenum will back him up.

2018. Barring injury to Bridgewater, or a complete lack of ability on his part, the QB's for the Vikings going into next year will be Bridgewater, Case Keenum, (Expect a 2-3 year contract for him as back up) and Sloter. Bradford will not be retained. Bridgewater will get a 5 or 6 year contract worth about $15 million a year. About half will be guaranteed.
Keenum won't be back unless the Vikings want to pay him starter money.
The Vikings fans are hoping he fails...He will have some starting offers.
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11418
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by S197 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm

808vikingsfan wrote:Gridiron Heights, Season 2, Ep. 10: Teddy Bridgewater Is Morgan Freeman In 'Shawshank Redemption'

Came here to post this. Hilarious!
0 x

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3231
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by Raptorman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 pm

halfgiz wrote: Keenum won't be back unless the Vikings want to pay him starter money.
The Vikings fans are hoping he fails...He will have some starting offers.
Don't think so. I don't see any team offering him starter money and a starting slot. If you do, I would like to know who you think would sign him to start?
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

Post Reply