Sam-Teddy-Case thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Theres no way Teddy plays worse then Case did that first half against the lowly Browns.
So?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:So?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
So he's saying Teddy has a higher floor (and ceiling) so playing him makes the most logical sense. I'm not sure I totally agree. I think as it stands RIGHT NOW Teddy's floor is probably a bit lower but agree with the higher ceiling.

That said, because Teddy hasn't been cleared yet (allegedly they're waiting until the deadline tomorrow) my guess is that Case starts Sunday and possibly Teddy is #2. You'd think if he was to start this week he'd have been activated yesterday and started getting all the #1 reps (he needs all he can get). That still may happen today but I doubt it.

The next couple of days will be interesting!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Waive Kyle Sloter
If that happens, he's as good as gone. With all the bad QB situations in the NFL right now, there's no way he'd make it through waivers and get signed to the Vikings practice squad. But there's something fishy about the Vikings and Sloter. They signed him for $20,000 a week to be on the practice squad, the maximum for a PS player. Do they see something in him that would cause them to keep him active over Teddy or Sam?
dead_poet wrote:Per Thomasson, "Source called it unlikely the Vikings waive Sloter for the roster spot that is needed when Teddy is activated."
I also read a tweet from a reporter that there were calls inquiring about if Vikings would be willing to trade Sloter.
Since that didn't happen I really don't think Sloter will be waived.
Sam to IR or someone else will be waived seems the most likely scenario. We will soon know :govikes:
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote: So he's saying Teddy has a higher floor (and ceiling) so playing him makes the most logical sense. I'm not sure I totally agree. I think as it stands RIGHT NOW Teddy's floor is probably a bit lower but agree with the higher ceiling.

That said, because Teddy hasn't been cleared yet (allegedly they're waiting until the deadline tomorrow) my guess is that Case starts Sunday and possibly Teddy is #2. You'd think if he was to start this week he'd have been activated yesterday and started getting all the #1 reps (he needs all he can get). That still may happen today but I doubt it.

The next couple of days will be interesting!

I am sure Minnesota is waiting on some medical re-evaluations to clear him yet. Correct me if I am wrong, but activating him Wednesday would still allow him to practice in the first main practice of the week (typically, Minnesota has their first major practice on Wednesday).

As usual, it is All Quiet on the Sam Bradford Front. Not surprised - Sam, the team, and the medical staff have every right to conceal his injury, progress, and status. Still, part of me really wonders what exactly is going on there. Hard to justify a roster with four active QBs.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Replying to @RapSheet
As @RapSheet said yesterday, Case Keenum is likely starter this week. Bridgewater has had backup reps in 6 practices. No rush. They're 6-2.

Chris Mortensen
@mortreport
1h
Bradford not in building. Sources say he is visiting Dr. Andrews again, which means exploratory arthroscopic procedure is possible.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I am sure Minnesota is waiting on some medical re-evaluations to clear him yet. Correct me if I am wrong, but activating him Wednesday would still allow him to practice in the first main practice of the week (typically, Minnesota has their first major practice on Wednesday).

As usual, it is All Quiet on the Sam Bradford Front. Not surprised - Sam, the team, and the medical staff have every right to conceal his injury, progress, and status. Still, part of me really wonders what exactly is going on there. Hard to justify a roster with four active QBs.
He's been medically cleared and is already practicing, including taking some 1st team reps.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Yep Keenum was banged up and Teddy was # 1 QB in practice for a few days.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

November 8th, 2017. Teddy Bridgewater will be activated. Sam Bradford will be place on IR. Sloter will will remain the #3 QB.

November 12, 2017. Case Keenum will start against the Redskins. As long as he plays well he will play the full game. Bridgewater will be active on the sidelines backing him up.

November 19, 2017. Rams come to town. The Vikings need to see what Bridgewater is capable of. I expect him to start this game and barring injury or really stinking up the joint, being the starter for the rest of the season. Keenum will back him up.

2018. Barring injury to Bridgewater, or a complete lack of ability on his part, the QB's for the Vikings going into next year will be Bridgewater, Case Keenum, (Expect a 2-3 year contract for him as back up) and Sloter. Bradford will not be retained. Bridgewater will get a 5 or 6 year contract worth about $15 million a year. About half will be guaranteed.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Great video about Bridgewater's possible come back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4hZoJaKMlI

Quote from Aaron Rodger's cartoon character. "We'll be watching for Forbath pulling a Walsh in the Wild Card". Even injured cartoon Rodgers knows how to hurt Vikings fans.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Raptorman wrote:2017.

November 8th, 2017. Teddy Bridgewater will be activated. Sam Bradford will be place on IR. Sloter will will remain the #3 QB.

November 12, 2017. Case Keenum will start against the Redskins. As long as he plays well he will play the full game. Bridgewater will be active on the sidelines backing him up.

November 19, 2017. Rams come to town. The Vikings need to see what Bridgewater is capable of. I expect him to start this game and barring injury or really stinking up the joint, being the starter for the rest of the season. Keenum will back him up.

2018. Barring injury to Bridgewater, or a complete lack of ability on his part, the QB's for the Vikings going into next year will be Bridgewater, Case Keenum, (Expect a 2-3 year contract for him as back up) and Sloter. Bradford will not be retained. Bridgewater will get a 5 or 6 year contract worth about $15 million a year. About half will be guaranteed.
I agree comletely that that is how it will probably unfold, but I would lik to add one thing:

February 4, 2018. Teddy Bridgewater takes the field in Minnesota to thundering applause. He doesn't play particularly well, but he plays well enough (Roethlisberger's 1st SB) and becomes a legend in the north.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Gridiron Heights, Season 2, Ep. 10: Teddy Bridgewater Is Morgan Freeman In 'Shawshank Redemption'

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Raptorman wrote:2017.

Keenum won't be back unless the Vikings want to pay him starter money.
The Vikings fans are hoping he fails...He will have some starting offers.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote:Gridiron Heights, Season 2, Ep. 10: Teddy Bridgewater Is Morgan Freeman In 'Shawshank Redemption'

Came here to post this. Hilarious!
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

halfgiz wrote: Keenum won't be back unless the Vikings want to pay him starter money.
The Vikings fans are hoping he fails...He will have some starting offers.
Don't think so. I don't see any team offering him starter money and a starting slot. If you do, I would like to know who you think would sign him to start?
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966