Rhodes Closed

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Just Me
Hall of Famer

Rhodes Closed

Post by Just Me »

Nice article on Rhodes.

Rhodes has been dominant this year, shutting down three of the best WR’s in the NFL, to include Michael Thomas of New Orleans and Antonio Brown of the Steelers prior to shutting down Evans on Sunday.
How good has Rhodes been? This good:

Xavier Rhodes coverage in 2017:

Michael Thomas: 2/22
Antonio Brown: 3/28
Mike Evans: 4/36
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Rhodes Closed

Post by dead_poet »

Just Me wrote:Nice article on Rhodes.
He's a stud. But the penalties do skew that a bit. Brown had him beat on the post and if he didn't interfere those numbers would've been a bit different.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Remember, PFF says he is the fourth best corner on the team.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote: He's a stud. But the penalties do skew that a bit. Brown had him beat on the post and if he didn't interfere those numbers would've been a bit different.
I'll just have to respectfully disagree yet again on this play. IMO Brown didn't have him beat. They were hand fighting and Rhodes got Brown's jersey and got the flag. Legitimate call, but he wasn't beaten. Not to mention, the ball was overthrown. Not to the point that the refs would call it "uncatchable," but Brown wasn't catching that ball.

As for the rest of that game, Rhodes was in Brown's jock, big-time. Take a look at this. You'll rarely see Antonio Brown taken out of a game the way Rhodes did. Brown has one big play in this video, and that's when the Vikings were in straight zone and Brown ran across the field out of and away from Xavier's zone. Otherwise, even Brown's few catches were heavily contested. It was a clinic.

IMHO, Rhodes is the best in the game. That's what Terrence Newman says, too. Best in the game.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

I always look forward to my weekly dose of Ike Taylor dogging Rhodes on NFL.com, get's me all riled up for the Sunday, and makes me cheer for him even harder. Last season was bad enough constantly ranking him the 7th best corner in the game. And he's carried it on through this season too. Last week Ike once again ranked Rhodes way lower than he deserves.
I know its one mans opinion, but for a former player, he is waaaaaaay off the mark with Xavier.
He's the best in the league in my opinion.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Mike Evans tweeted "Rhodes were open for me all day. Film dont lie" :lol: :lol: :lol:

That must explain why Evans threw a tantrum on the sidelines and flipped over a bunch of stuff
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Lets not forget Rhodes took time to develop into what he has become, he used to be a PI machine to the point where they had to put boxing gloves on his hands. Hopefully Waynes can develop in a similar fashion, he's similar to early Rhodes in that he's right there in position, just a fraction late getting his head around or a step behind.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote:Lets not forget Rhodes took time to develop into what he has become, he used to be a PI machine to the point where they had to put boxing gloves on his hands. Hopefully Waynes can develop in a similar fashion, he's similar to early Rhodes in that he's right there in position, just a fraction late getting his head around or a step behind.
What I love about Rhodes is that he's become a master technician. His technique against Antonio Brown was just beautiful to watch. I don't know how you could cover that guy any better.

Mike Evans' tweet is classic diva crybaby nonsense. Yeah bud, that's why you had such a big game, cuz the "rhodes" were open all day. Whatever you say, chief. :lol:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: What I love about Rhodes is that he's become a master technician. His technique against Antonio Brown was just beautiful to watch. I don't know how you could cover that guy any better.

Mike Evans' tweet is classic diva crybaby nonsense. Yeah bud, that's why you had such a big game, cuz the "rhodes" were open all day. Whatever you say, chief. :lol:
If you read his lips on the sideline he says, "I knew I should have started Humphries on my fantasy team. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" *Kicks bin*
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Rhodes really has turned the corner from his early years. I hope he can teach Waynes and Alexander something. We have so much invested in them. I personally dont even think they will be on the team in a few years.