Week 2 reaction thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: Week 2 reaction thread

Post by Demi »

Week 2 reaction?
It's a team game!!!
Unless your starting QB goes down.
:roll:
Imagine that. No backup plan when needed.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote:Week 2 reaction?
It's a team game!!!
Unless your starting QB goes down.
:roll:
Imagine that. No backup plan when needed.
So whats the other 22 teams I mentioned in the other threads plan then Demi?? Whats the almighty Packers backup plan?? Brett Hundley?? Thats laughable. Packers are dead in the water if they lose Rodgers and you know it. Look how pitiful the Colts are without Luck. Look at Arizona. They have a legit QB guru in Arians and have Palmer who's hanging on by a thread and Drew Stanton. Yes Drew Stanton. What's Tampa's backup plan behind Winston? Ryan Griffin?? The Raiders behind Carr....EJ Manuel?? The Seahawks have Austin fricken Davis for Gods sake. Does any of this register to you? No. I guess there aren't many teams with a "backup plan" huh? You've yet to enlighten us what a viable "backup plan" would look like. We have a top 10 backup now in Keenum. Apparently we the fans and this organization are missing out on the big secret you're hiding.

Either way, cleary you can't comprehend the "if there aren't 32 viable starters in the league, how can there be many viable backups" portion of this thread. It goes in one ear and out the other for you. Instead you just find more reason to complain about the same thing over and over no matter what facts anyone throws on the table in front of you. My goodness.....
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Either way, cleary you can't comprehend the "if there aren't 32 viable starters in the league, how can there be many viable backups" portion of this thread.
Gus, McNabb, Hill, Keenum, Cassel. YOU can't comprehend that there might be better Qbs available. In the draft or free agency. The proof? We've seen these bums play. But ok, you're right. These were the best options. Obviously. We both saw them play, and they were the best possible options. By far. No question. This team hasn't had a backup Qb issue in the last decade. Because *I* couldn't comprehend "blah blah blah nonsense" portion of this thread. Or EVERY backup QB portion of this entire FORUM since Spielman had control. :confused:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote: Gus, McNabb, Hill, Keenum, Cassel. YOU can't comprehend that there might be better Qbs available. In the draft or free agency. The proof? We've seen these bums play. But ok, you're right. These were the best options. Obviously. We both saw them play, and they were the best possible options. By far. No question. This team hasn't had a backup Qb issue in the last decade. Because *I* couldn't comprehend "blah blah blah nonsense" portion of this thread. Or EVERY backup QB portion of this entire FORUM since Spielman had control. :confused:
Give examples Demi. Which Qbs would you have signed/drafted this off season?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

MrPurplenGold wrote:Xavier Rhodes is ranked as the # 87th CB
Trey Waynes is ranked as the # 84th CB
Terrance Newman is the 33rd ranked CB
Mackensie Alexander is the 23rd ranked CB

So essentially PFF ranks Xavier rhodes as the worst CB on the team.
Was that for the Pittsburgh game or overall?

Either way, it's a crock. Rhodes guarded Antonio Brown most of the game and held him to 3 catches (AB had 5 catches overall, but two were not against Rhodes). That's 3 catches for one of the best WRs on the planet.

Then there was the PI call. Ugh. So frustrating. Rhodes was in great position, and Brown was doing as much pushing as Rhodes was. I hate calls like that, where the CB is in position and there's hand fighting. It's not like the play where Waynes got beat and tackled his man. But ... I guess people don't pay to see great coverage, so the zebras bail out the receiver.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Then there was the PI call. Ugh. So frustrating. Rhodes was in great position, and Brown was doing as much pushing as Rhodes was. I hate calls like that, where the CB is in position and there's hand fighting. It's not like the play where Waynes got beat and tackled his man. But ... I guess people don't pay to see great coverage, so the zebras bail out the receiver.
If I recall correctly the PI on Rhodes was because he grabbed the back of Brown's jersey to slow him down because he was beat and was about to give up a long touch down. If it wasn't PI it was something like 80 yards and a TD. Am I remembering wrong?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Cliff wrote: If I recall correctly the PI on Rhodes was because he grabbed the back of Brown's jersey to slow him down because he was beat and was about to give up a long touch down. If it wasn't PI it was something like 80 yards and a TD. Am I remembering wrong?
That's what I remember too. The only problem I have with a cell like the is it is so inconsistently called. It seems like Thielen is held or interfered with on every play but he almost never gets the call.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote: Gus, McNabb, Hill, Keenum, Cassel. YOU can't comprehend that there might be better Qbs available. In the draft or free agency. The proof? We've seen these bums play. But ok, you're right. These were the best options. Obviously. We both saw them play, and they were the best possible options. By far. No question. This team hasn't had a backup Qb issue in the last decade. Because *I* couldn't comprehend "blah blah blah nonsense" portion of this thread. Or EVERY backup QB portion of this entire FORUM since Spielman had control. :confused:
I never said there isnt a "better" backup available but when you have one that's top 10, yeah that's pretty good. We arent just going to land the best backup year after year. That just isnt realistic. Outside of maybe Hill, the backups you list really werent that bad. So again, I dont know what you're trying to get at. Again, you provide NO alternative for Keenum. If there was a better alternative then TELL ME what it was that we supposedly missed out on!! From round 2-4 we drafted players that are either starters or a guy like Jaleel Johnson who could be our future 3 tech. From round 5-7, Peterman was the only one taken in round 5 which wouldve been a decent option. Round 6 Kaaya was the only one drafted and he was cut. Round 7 the only one was Chad Kelly which speaks for itself. So my question is, who did you really plan on having us take in those rounds?? Or should we have passed on Dalvin Cook and drafted a QB? :confused:

Either way, dont try and put words in my mouth by saying I said Keenum was the "best" option. That's not what I said but I said he was a solid option. I will say there werent many better than him though. Maybe Peterman in the draft and Ryan Fitzpatrick?? Both are up for debate but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that out of the draft and free agency, we landed the 3rd best backup QB you could land this offseason. Are you really going to sit here and complain about that??

But yeah I guess that's "blah blah blah nonense" that there are about 5-6 teams in the NFL that have starters that are terrible. Its called a fact. Not nonsense. But clearly we missed on a bunch of better QBs that you've yet to provide. Outside of the two I've given you, if you can name any that are better than Keenum, maybe I would actually listen to you but otherwise, it's just another post with zero backing or alternatives by you. You love to complain, but you seem to never have any better alternatives to whatever you're complaining about.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:Give examples Demi. Which Qbs would you have signed/drafted this off season?

Exactly. No alternatives.
-Chazz Palminteri
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Gus, McNabb, Hill, Keenum, Cassel. YOU can't comprehend that there might be better Qbs available. In the draft or free agency. The proof? We've seen these bums play. But ok, you're right. These were the best options. Obviously. We both saw them play, and they were the best possible options. By far. No question. This team hasn't had a backup Qb issue in the last decade. Because *I* couldn't comprehend "blah blah blah nonsense" portion of this thread. Or EVERY backup QB portion of this entire FORUM since Spielman had control. :confused:[/quote]Give examples Demi. Which Qbs would you have signed/drafted this off season?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Exactly. No alternatives.[/quote]

Keenum was prolly the best available. Case closed.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

autobon7 wrote: Keenum was prolly the best available. Case closed.
No pun intended :lol: But yeah I agree. At absolute worst he was top 3
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Cliff wrote: If I recall correctly the PI on Rhodes was because he grabbed the back of Brown's jersey to slow him down because he was beat and was about to give up a long touch down. If it wasn't PI it was something like 80 yards and a TD. Am I remembering wrong?
He did get the jersey, but Rhodes wasn't beaten. He was in good position in the trail technique. They were hand-fighting the entire way, and then Rhodes got a bit of jersey up around the collar, and the flag came out. Also, Brown was never going to catch that ball IMO. It was overthrown. Not "uncatchable" by the definition, but overthrown.

I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty. I'm saying it frustrated me. Brown was doing as much pushing as Rhodes was. Rhodes just got caught with a mitt full of jersey.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

In the second play, Rudolph gets put on his back, Berger gets knocked 3 yards back from the LOS, and Remmers whiffs.

Fourth play Elflein does a good job of picking up the stunt but Remmers doesn't get back far enough and ends up blocking no one.

Fifth play it looks like Berger's gap is missed as he kicks out to help Remmers leaving Jet to try and pick up the blitzes.

Not saying Easton didn't look bad but even in the cherry picked clips it looks like a problem a lot bigger than just him.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

SP1966 wrote: Ask in all the threads, the answer will still be **** NO!
nah, i say sign him. keenum is hot garbage. at least kap is a bit more than hot garbage