Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by Texas Vike »

IrishViking wrote:

With two acl repairs on that knee going up a flight of stairs might inflame it.

While that could be true (I"m going through ACL and Menisci rehab right now), the question is still a valid one: a bone bruise must have been a contact injury. Zimmer doesn't share info willingly, so I'd bet there was contact at some point. If it is a bone bruise, which bone? Femur, Tibia, Patella? If it truly has nothing to do with his knee ligaments, I'd feel a lot better. In that case, we need to somehow survive the next month.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

He hit the ground really hard the one time he was sacked. Mashed his shoulder good...maybe it happened then and the shoulder impact detracted from the way his legs hit the ground. It was one of those things where the defender threw al his weight on top of him on the way to the ground. Trying to injure him, basically.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

IrishViking wrote:With two acl repairs on that knee going up a flight of stairs might inflame it.
This.

Also the bone bruise comment was from

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/24/1635 ... -left-knee
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

I hope Keenum can play decent over the coming games. All I know is if we go back to Teddy we are in trouble. The guy simply isn't an NFL caliber QB. His stats over the course of two years were pathetic. In fact, in two years I only remember 1 performance by Teddy that is comparable to either Bradford or Keenum's in two games this season. Let's hope for the best.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

mosscarter wrote:I hope Keenum can play decent over the coming games. All I know is if we go back to Teddy we are in trouble. The guy simply isn't an NFL caliber QB. His stats over the course of two years were pathetic. In fact, in two years I only remember 1 performance by Teddy that is comparable to either Bradford or Keenum's in two games this season. Let's hope for the best.

i'm not convinced with the italicized part...but completely agree with the bolded part.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Nunin wrote:
i'm not convinced with the italicized part...but completely agree with the bolded part.
I feel the same way.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

mosscarter wrote:I hope Keenum can play decent over the coming games. All I know is if we go back to Teddy we are in trouble. The guy simply isn't an NFL caliber QB. His stats over the course of two years were pathetic. In fact, in two years I only remember 1 performance by Teddy that is comparable to either Bradford or Keenum's in two games this season. Let's hope for the best.

and yet he (TB) led this team to an 11-5 record and a chip shot away from winning their first playoff game since 09. Stats don't matter. It's what you do when it counts.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

808vikingsfan wrote:
and yet he (TB) led this team to an 11-5 record and a chip shot away from winning their first playoff game since 09. Stats don't matter. It's what you do when it counts.
he didn't get them into the endzone during a home playoff game.
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

its too early in the season to be rummaging around trying different QB's. Play who's working. If down the line the season is tanked, then tinker around with options. Until then, play who's playing well. waaaay too early to tinker.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Nunin wrote: he didn't get them into the endzone during a home playoff game.
True. But if you remember, the weather was a factor and Seattle had a good defense. They held Peterson to 43 yds. Wilson also struggled except for completing that long pass on a broken play to set up the only td of the game. Still, Bridgwater drove his team to the 9 yd line with :26 seconds left in the game. I still believe Teddy did enough to put his team in a position to win that game. He's also never had a solid OL so we really don't know how he'd perform with good protection.

To say he's not NFL caliber is ludicrous.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

What we saw out of our qb play 2 out of the first 3 weeks is a real NFL caliber passing game. I agree with Nunin, had Teddy (the golden child for some reason who never produced) gotten us in the end zone that field goal would have been irrelevant. What would have Bradford's numbers had been last year if he had a 1,500 yard rushing season from Peterson? Case closed.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

mosscarter wrote:What we saw out of our qb play 2 out of the first 3 weeks is a real NFL caliber passing game. I agree with Nunin, had Teddy (the golden child for some reason who never produced) gotten us in the end zone that field goal would have been irrelevant. What would have Bradford's numbers had been last year if he had a 1,500 yard rushing season from Peterson? Case closed.
As much as I appreciated Peterson, he limited the offense. I think we're seeing that this year. Having a 3 down rb opens up what the offense can do on first down, especially since the offense can now set up in the shotgun. Dalvin makes this offense so much more unpredictable. Just ask the Saints.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

808vikingsfan wrote: As much as I appreciated Peterson, he limited the offense. I think we're seeing that this year. Having a 3 down rb opens up what the offense can do on first down, especially since the offense can now set up in the shotgun. Dalvin makes this offense so much more unpredictable. Just ask the Saints.
Since we're all into stats, here's one. Peterson's entire career as a Vikings, do you know how many times the Vikings won 11 games or more? Twice. 2009 with Favre and 2015 with Bridgewater. Keep in mind TJ Clemmings started all 16 games in 2015.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

IMHO TB is really just a game manager. What he has shown so far is that he struggles mightily with the deep ball, has decent pocket awareness (even tho he cost us games by being strip sacked twice Den & Ari) but seems to hold the ball too long, and appears to be a good leader and all around nice guy. I really don't care who our QB is as long as they can help guide us to the promised land but I am just seeing a QB that is a good game manager......but not someone who could have duplicated the performances seen in games 1 and 3.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

autobon7 wrote:IMHO TB is really just a game manager. What he has shown so far is that he struggles mightily with the deep ball, has decent pocket awareness (even tho he cost us games by being strip sacked twice Den & Ari) but seems to hold the ball too long, and appears to be a good leader and all around nice guy. I really don't care who our QB is as long as they can help guide us to the promised land but I am just seeing a QB that is a good game manager......but not someone who could have duplicated the performances seen in games 1 and 3.
My thing with Teddy is that he is a winner and guys get behind that. If Bradford can stay healthy I think he's the better overall QB but Teddy knows how to win.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri