Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by IrishViking »

mansquatch wrote:I think discussions on contracts are very premature. If Sam puts together another 4000+ yard season (he looked like he was on pace for 4500 or 5000 yards in week 1) then his knee will be a small consideration, if at all. Reason being: There will be at least 10 other teams that will gladly pay him since their QB sucks and QB is the be all, end all in the NFL. Look no further than our game last week if you need convincing. Same team, only one position was different and we couldn't find the end zone.

The real wild card is Teddy Bridgewater. What happens with him? There are all kinds of scenarios that play out. Maybe Bradford's knee is on again / off again, then TB comes in off the bench in week 8 and lights it up. Then what?

What if TB doesn't see any action in 2017? Now his bargaining power is greatly reduced.

There are So many different ways this can play out. It is impossible to conjecture on the contract situation without having seen more games.

My guess is this: If Bradford is sniffing 4000 yards and fewer than 10 INT by week 15 we might see a contract extension announced. The Vikings will not want him on the open market if he is putting up great to elite stats by that point. If he is injured, misses more time, or falls off the wagon performance wise then all bets are off. But it depends....

I am not so sure. I know a lot of folks have been "Teddy Who" as of late but the Vikings have hung on to him and my gut tells me they WANT to see him play football, hes younger and in theory, if his knee holds up, has more upside long term then Bradford does, potentially. I think even if Sam is having a monster season You will see Teddy get legitimate play time whether thats the start in full games after the Playoffs are locked down or coming in for full quarters of games we have a two score lead in, Teddy will get play time. They want Teddy to see action because either it puts to rest any doubts they have in their mind or that 7th round pick could sky rocket if Teddy lights it up.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

PsyDanny wrote:
Frankly, I am not sure how that would work as a contract ploy. Maybe I am missing something here and others have ideas.

Other thoughts?
Essential what I am accusing Bradford of is holding the organization hostage. He has proven that he is the best QB in the club. This being the modern NFL, a franchise QB has that type of power.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

petev_sj wrote: Essential what I am accusing Bradford of is holding the organization hostage. He has proven that he is the best QB in the club. This being the modern NFL, a franchise QB has that type of power.
Sam has swelling in a knee that he has had two surgeries on. I hardly think he is trying to get more money from the team.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

I don't trust either of their knees yet. It's really not a good situation. If either or both of them pans out, then hooray. But if they both prove physically unreliable, as has been their histories to this point, then a whole season is wasted figuring this out..if it is even known by the end of this year. I mean it could blow up next season when one of them is signed to an extension.
Meanwhile the teams window, which I find to be significantly open, gets that much smaller, even if it's only in terms of not be able to keep specific players due to cap constraints. I am not that up to snuff on that reality to know for sure.

The o-line has a ways to go of course, but this team, AGAIN, is a qb away from making a serious run. History repeating itself over and over.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson 31s32 seconds ago

ESPN reports that Sam Bradford is seeking second opinion on knee from Dr. James Andrews, not expected to play Sunday.
Frickin Vikings are the curse I continue to carry.
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Dan Graziano

Case Keenum was taking first-team reps, and source confirms Sam Bradford is out Sunday.
Last edited by Crax on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

isn't james andrews like the grim reaper of knees?

Put Sloter in!
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

mansquatch wrote:They need to figure that out so that the product that hits the field in September is better tuned and at the same time you do not see a star player go down in a pre-season game that means nothing.
If the NFL moved to "flag" or "two-hand-touch-below-the-waist," I'm guessing we'd see fewer injuries. Other than that, I'm not sure how you limit them.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Source: Vikings QB Sam Bradford is not expected to play Sunday. Knee didn't respond well to practice work this week. Next steps beyond this week are unclear.
Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Vikings QB Sam Bradford seeking second opinion on knee from Dr. James Andrews, per @mortreport. Has pronounced pain in knee.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Seriously, I would rather see Sloter than Keenum.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I really don't think Keenum played all that bad last week.

1. His line played like garbage.
2. Put in Sirles at LG please.
3. Give the ball to Cook more, no more RB rotation.
4. Full week of prep as starter this week.
5. Home game.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I really don't think Keenum played all that bad last week.

5. Home game.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvQBYF8FwE

He does look legit though, I really really doubt they would start him over Keenum unless he got hurt.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Norv Zimmer wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvQBYF8FwE

He does look legit though, I really really doubt they would start him over Keenum unless he got hurt.
The thing is, it would be nice to see Sloter get a few reps in the 4th but I doubt that will happen.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I really don't think Keenum played all that bad last week.

5. Home game.
It's true Keenum did not play bad...he also did absolutely nothing to make a difference. granted he was not expected to play.

a game manager is not what this team needs. IMO a legit nfl qb needs to show an aptitude for making plays and overcoming any shortcomings in front of him.
the crappy thing about the zimmer era for me is that fact that his defense has been so good and keeps the game close enough that marginal qb play is actually tolerable to them. as a result, just about any semi experienced qb could win or barely lose a game for this team. mired in mediocrity, as they say.
bradford was the first qb in zimmers time to actually display a full arsenal of qb capacity(sans mobility). in spite of a historically bad line last season he set records and in his first game this season had the best game for a viking qb since 2009.

i would have a very short hook on keenam.....i think this team needs to take a "shot downfield".
i think this organization creates it's own luck with some of it's conservative tendencies.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Nunin wrote: It's true Keenum did not play bad...he also did absolutely nothing to make a difference. granted he was not expected to play.

a game manager is not what this team needs. IMO a legit nfl qb needs to show an aptitude for making plays and overcoming any shortcomings in front of him.
the crappy thing about the zimmer era for me is that fact that his defense has been so good and keeps the game close enough that marginal qb play is actually tolerable to them. as a result, just about any semi experienced qb could win or barely lose a game for this team. mired in mediocrity, as they say.
bradford was the first qb in zimmers time to actually display a full arsenal of qb capacity(sans mobility). in spite of a historically bad line last season he set records and in his first game this season had the best game for a viking qb since 2009.

i would have a very short hook on keenam.....i think this team needs to take a "shot downfield".
i think this organization creates it's own luck with some of it's conservative tendencies.
I concur, what pisses me off most about this team is how on 3rd and 15 they run a draw play to Mckinnon instead of throwing it deep.