Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by 808vikingsfan »

mansquatch wrote: This is all you need to know about Bradford's Knee right now. Not much else you can do or say about it. This is so frustrating as a fan. Last year the guy gets mauled on any snap he doesn't make a pass in 1.5 seconds. This year he barely gets touched and his knee swells. Only the Vikings.

Could be a blessing in disguise. How? I don't know. Maybe Sloter is the real deal. Maybe Keenum seizes his opportunity and leads this team to the playoffs. Maybe the Vikings lose a bunch this year and draft their future HOF QB. Maybe Bridgewater caps his comeback with a SB victory. We just don't know. Football is like a box of
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Tom Pelissero‏
@TomPelissero

#Vikings QB Sam Bradford is believed to have a bone bruise, source said. They'll see how his knee responds to an injection and go from there

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I would probably rest Bradford at least another week. He's not exactly mobile and our line inspires little confidence. Plus we have 3 division games in a row after TB, which are more important. Floyd will also be back after Detroit. I think at home we can beat TB w/ Keenum assuming our key defensive guys like Rhodes & Barr are good to go.
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

808vikingsfan wrote:Tom Pelissero‏
@TomPelissero

#Vikings QB Sam Bradford is believed to have a bone bruise, source said. They'll see how his knee responds to an injection and go from there

That's SOMEWHAT reassuring. At least it's not related to his previous knee injuries. I hope it's not a consequence of his golfer babe wife taking a six iron to his knee....like some other sports celebrity I recall.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

5thWave wrote: That's SOMEWHAT reassuring. At least it's not related to his previous knee injuries. I hope it's not a consequence of his golfer babe wife taking a six iron to his knee....like some other sports celebrity I recall.
googling Sam Bradford wife....
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I don't know why Zimmer didn't come out and say "We had Sam do some warm ups and his knee was sore so we decided to play it safe and hold him out of the game."

Thats all he had to say to alleviate some concerns.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote:I would probably rest Bradford at least another week. He's not exactly mobile and our line inspires little confidence. Plus we have 3 division games in a row after TB, which are more important. Floyd will also be back after Detroit. I think at home we can beat TB w/ Keenum assuming our key defensive guys like Rhodes & Barr are good to go.
I think so too. With another week of practice for Keenum, I think he'll be much better this week.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Sounds like Sam may be out for around 6 weeks. Even though Zimmer keeps everything a mystery to us.

For sure, I doubt he plays this week, and that means another week of Keenum, which makes me sad. Maybe the Oline will step up during this time and gel. I dont see them now as being much better then they were last year, but i think they can only get better. I dont know about the ST. I think it may be time to get a new coach.

Maybe Keenum will do better now knowing hes the Qb. He certainly knows how to play in the NFL, he just wasnt ever that good, nor does he know the receivers as well as Sam does.

The saying 'if it wasnt for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all' certainly fits the Vikings.
Last edited by PurpleKoolaid on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Luck? How about have a better backup QB in place when you have a starter with some pretty major injury questions? :wallbang:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote:Luck? How about have a better backup QB in place when you have a starter with some pretty major injury questions? :wallbang:
Keenum is the best backup they have had in years

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Sounds like Sam may be out for around 6 weeks. Even though Zimmer keeps everything a mystery to us.

For sure, I doubt he plays this week, and that means another week of Keenum, which makes me sad. Maybe the Oline will step up during this time and gel. I dont see them now as being much better then they were last year, but i think they can only get better. I dont know about the ST. I think it may be time to get a new coach.

Maybe Keenum will do better now knowing hes the Qb. He certainly knows how to play in the NFL, he just wasnt ever that good, nor does he know the receivers as well as Sam does.

That say 'if it was for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all' certainly fits the Vikings.

Where did you hear 6 weeks?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

808vikingsfan wrote:
Where did you hear 6 weeks?
A few places, none were definitive, but all mentioned 6 weeks. I figured a Viking site had said it originally.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Demi wrote:Luck? How about have a better backup QB in place when you have a starter with some pretty major injury questions? :wallbang:
They rarely have a good 1st string QB, a good backup QB is just a pipe-dream.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

thank you....although they are hard to come by
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: a good backup QB is just a pipe-dream.
Agree unless your starter is borderline and your backup is being groomed to be the future (eg CHI, KC). A quick google shows Keenum ranked anywhere from #3 to #32 (NFL backup QBs 2017). Basically, any NFL team that loses their starter will struggle.