Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I am going to the game this weekend. Me and my buddies will be loud at least the Vikings have that going for them if Sam doesn't play. It will be quiet on offense and loud as heck when we are on defense. If it is case I'm sure he will know by tomorrow and will be much more prepared then he was last week.
I'm flying from NY Saturday to go to the game as well. Where are you guys sitting? Section?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

720pete wrote:This league doesn't even have 32 starting caliber QBs, much less any quality backups. Case Keenum is a great backup, but losing a starting QB is basically a death sentence for any team.
Agreed 100%. Thats why I hate when guys say we "ignore" the backup QB position or our organization can't find a decent one. They don't grow on trees people
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote: Which is what this team has done for the last decade. Don't worry, the old guy can teach the new guy!

Just beware...a superior talent might not stand up for the national anthem!
:roll:
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Nunin wrote:
there's a lot being said about keenum not stepping up in the pocket....just like ponder and lots of others filed qbs who lack specific instincts for the position. it seems certain organizations lack similar instinct awareness when addressing the position in the first place.

The thing is, I watched a lot of Rams games last year because my father is a huge Rams fan. I never saw Keenum do this before. I don't know if it was just because of limited reps or what. I mean even Zim mentioned it in his presser that he was dropping too deep. Not sure why he was doing that to be honest.
-Chazz Palminteri
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I'm flying from NY Saturday to go to the game as well. Where are you guys sitting? Section?
141 row 7
Ultimate fan zone
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I'm flying from NY Saturday to go to the game as well. Where are you guys sitting? Section?
My gf and I will probably be there too. I haven't bought tickets... Waiting for the paycheck lol.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Norv Zimmer wrote: 141 row 7
Ultimate fan zone
Nice I've never been up there. We are in 111 24 rows back. Its like 30 yard line behind Tampa bench. Pretty solid seats. You guys tailgating before?
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:My gf and I will probably be there too. I haven't bought tickets... Waiting for the paycheck lol.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yeah these tickets are pricey if you want good seats. Every year I go I always say, I'm not flying all this way to sit in the nose bleeds. So we always look to get tickets in section 111. They are the best seats for the price IMO. They still run me at about $250 a ticket but I really dont want to spend anymore than that. I can go to a Buffalo game right now for about 75 bucks and sit on the 30
-Chazz Palminteri
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

We are staying at the Sheraton in midtown. They have a free shuttle to and from the stadium. I think we plan on getting there around 830 and walking around tailgating spots.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Norv Zimmer wrote:We are staying at the Sheraton in midtown. They have a free shuttle to and from the stadium. I think we plan on getting there around 830 and walking around tailgating spots.
Oh nice yeah we're at the Radisson Downtown. We'll probably get their early as well and float around
-Chazz Palminteri
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

5thWave wrote:When I think "great backup QB's, I think Tom Brady, Colin Kaepernick, Earl Morrel, and that's about it. CK was a one-hit wonder imo. Morrel was incredible, leading the Colts to a Super Bowl after filling in all year for an injured Johnny Unitas in 1968, and then replacing Unitas two years later to beat the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

And that's it. Don't know what happened to the Brady kid.

They are the rarest of breeds in other words.
Maybe not quite the "rarest." You're forgetting some of the best:

Steve Young -- arguably the most talented backup QB in NFL history, backing up Joe Montana for four seasons -- during which he threw 23 touchdown passes and only six interceptions.

Aaron Rodgers -- didn't get a ton of action in his three seasons backing up Favre, but filled in impressively when Favre was injured against the Cowboys in a Monday Night Football game in 2007.

Jim Plunkett -- led Raiders to TWO Super Bowl victories as a backup. First in 1980, when he led the Raiders to 9 victories in 11 games subbing for injured Dan Pastorini, then on to the Super Bowl championship where he was named MVP. Then in 1983, when he subbed for an injured Marc Wilson and led the Raiders to another Super Bowl victory.

Kurt Warner -- rescued from the Arena Football League, Warner had one of the great 4-5 season runs as a QB in NFL history -- first entering the league as a backup.

Randall Cunningham -- Vikings fans should remember that Cunningham stepped in for an injured Brad Johnson and went on to have one of the greatest QB seasons in NFL history while leading the Vikes to a 15-1 record

Trent Dilfer -- certainly not a "great" backup, but did lead the Ravens to a Super Bowl title filling in as a backup.

Those six came to mind when I read this post. After writing up those three, I googled "greatest backup QBs in NFL," and came up with these seven additional backups:

Brett Favre was initially Don Majkowski's backup
Terry Bradshaw came in to replace an injured Joe Gilliam
Jeff Hostetler led the Giants to a Super Bowl title in relief of an injured Phil Simms
Doug Williams led the Redskins to a Super Bowl title and was named Super Bowl MVP in relief of Jay Schroeder
Ben Roethlisberger became a starter four games into the 2004 season in relief of Tommy Maddox -- and went 14-0 in his first 14 games as a starter
Doug Flutie had a nice season in relief of Rob Johnson in 1998-99
Nick Foles subbed for an injured Michael Vick in 2013 and threw 27 TDs agains only 2 INTs
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

ChicagoViking wrote: Maybe not quite the "rarest." You're forgetting some of the best:

Steve Young -- arguably the most talented backup QB in NFL history, backing up Joe Montana for four seasons -- during which he threw 23 touchdown passes and only six interceptions.

Aaron Rodgers -- didn't get a ton of action in his three seasons backing up Favre, but filled in impressively when Favre was injured against the Cowboys in a Monday Night Football game in 2007.

Jim Plunkett -- led Raiders to TWO Super Bowl victories as a backup. First in 1980, when he led the Raiders to 9 victories in 11 games subbing for injured Dan Pastorini, then on to the Super Bowl championship where he was named MVP. Then in 1983, when he subbed for an injured Marc Wilson and led the Raiders to another Super Bowl victory.

Kurt Warner -- rescued from the Arena Football League, Warner had one of the great 4-5 season runs as a QB in NFL history -- first entering the league as a backup.

Randall Cunningham -- Vikings fans should remember that Cunningham stepped in for an injured Brad Johnson and went on to have one of the greatest QB seasons in NFL history while leading the Vikes to a 15-1 record

Trent Dilfer -- certainly not a "great" backup, but did lead the Ravens to a Super Bowl title filling in as a backup.

Those six came to mind when I read this post. After writing up those three, I googled "greatest backup QBs in NFL," and came up with these seven additional backups:

Brett Favre was initially Don Majkowski's backup
Terry Bradshaw came in to replace an injured Joe Gilliam
Jeff Hostetler led the Giants to a Super Bowl title in relief of an injured Phil Simms
Doug Williams led the Redskins to a Super Bowl title and was named Super Bowl MVP in relief of Jay Schroeder
Ben Roethlisberger became a starter four games into the 2004 season in relief of Tommy Maddox -- and went 14-0 in his first 14 games as a starter
Doug Flutie had a nice season in relief of Rob Johnson in 1998-99
Nick Foles subbed for an injured Michael Vick in 2013 and threw 27 TDs agains only 2 INTs
So, tell us, where do we find one of them these days when it seems there are actually not enough high quality starters to go around?

And, just maybe, we already have one of those in Mr. Slow-Ride (Take it easy)! :rock:
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... st-sunday/

Sounds like he is on track to play.

Just playing it safe against the steelers.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Oh nice yeah we're at the Radisson Downtown. We'll probably get their early as well and float around
Well I am bringing along 4 26 ounce cans of beer from Junkyard Brewery here in Moorhead MN. It is one of their experimental IPAs, if you like IPAs I would love to meet up and hand one off to you!

https://www.junkyardbeer.com/
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Yeah man I'm a big IPA fan. It's just me and one of my best friends going. PM me and we can exchange contact info
-Chazz Palminteri