View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Bradfords knee?? 
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Re: Bradfords knee??
PurpleMustReign wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
This isn't the case with Bradford but Romo brought up something last night about reporting injuries. Montgomery broke a few ribs in the game and Tony commented that the reason teams don't like to disclose certain injuries is to protect the player. If Montgomery is able to play next week, the defense will certainly target his ribs. I've heard Zimmer repeatedly say he's trying to protect his players when asked about players injuries.

On a side note, I really like Romo as a commentator. He brings a side of football that has never been introduced to the broadcast. Wonder if he would consider playing again?
He isn't as annoying as I thought he would be. He seems to be able to effectively analyze the game which is not easy to do on the fly, especially for someone who has never done it before.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

:point:

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:17 pm
Hall of Famer

akvikingsfan wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

He didnt play a full season last year. Has he ever?

Yes. 2010 and 2012. I would also argue that he played all the games last season because the one that he missed wasn't due to injury.

I know, but he still didnt complete a full season. I think that effects his poor W/L record. I'm still trying to figure out why we traded a first for him.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:25 pm
Site Admin

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out why we traded a first for him.

Because the team management thought they were primed for a deep playoff run, he was the best QB we could get at the time, and that was the price we were willing to pay to get him.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:17 am
Backup

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
akvikingsfan wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

He didnt play a full season last year. Has he ever?

Yes. 2010 and 2012. I would also argue that he played all the games last season because the one that he missed wasn't due to injury.

I know, but he still didnt complete a full season. I think that effects his poor W/L record. I'm still trying to figure out why we traded a first for him.

Maybe tonight will help your inability to comprehend.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

quote="PurpleKoolaid"]

He didnt play a full season last year. Has he ever?[/quote]

I know, but he still didnt complete a full season. I think that effects his poor W/L record. I'm still trying to figure out why we traded a first for him.[/quote]

Maybe tonight will help your inability to comprehend.[/quote]

:rofl:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 am
All Pro Elite Player

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
And what's Teddy done? Neither QB has "proven" anything. Either way, I don't really care what Sam Bradford did when he was at the St Louis Rams. Those were horrible teams. I want to see what he can do now. That's what I want to see. Not what his career record is. Since he's been gone from the Rams he had career years. That says something about how bad those teams were

K... hes 9-8 with us. XD my point as it has been all along is Bradford is much much MUCH further along his career path than Bridgewater is. Bridgewater MIGHT improve/develop into a fantastic QB. Bradford is what he is; a Fragile QB with a high ceiling he doesn't consistently hit.

And this is why its so hard to talk about how freaking pedestrian Bradford is with his overall numbers you say ANYTHING about him and the only response is "Yeah but Teddy..." setting Teddy aside, Bradford is a delicate flower who is as more likely to lose than win. Period.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

IrishViking wrote:
And what's Teddy done? Neither QB has "proven" anything. Either way, I don't really care what Sam Bradford did when he was at the St Louis Rams. Those were horrible teams. I want to see what he can do now. That's what I want to see. Not what his career record is. Since he's been gone from the Rams he had career years. That says something about how bad those teams were

K... hes 9-8 with us. XD my point as it has been all along is Bradford is much much MUCH further along his career path than Bridgewater is. Bridgewater MIGHT improve/develop into a fantastic QB. Bradford is what he is; a Fragile QB with a high ceiling he doesn't consistently hit.

And this is why its so hard to talk about how freaking pedestrian Bradford is with his overall numbers you say ANYTHING about him and the only response is "Yeah but Teddy..." setting Teddy aside, Bradford is a delicate flower who is as more likely to lose than win. Period.

The trouble the Viks have now is the fact that their 2 best QBs are damaged goods. My gut tells me that neither guy is the QB to move forward with. Why can't we have nice things?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:42 am
Transition Player

Are we looking into drafting a franchise quarterback?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:01 pm
Hall of Famer

we better be, truth be told we don't have a starting QB on this roster. Bradford is done friends, he is done. His knee will never be the same. Todays game REQUIRES a Mobile QB unless you are tom brady or peyton manning. High time the Vikings put a year into studying QBs in college and make an intelligent Draft of a QB

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Laserman wrote:
we better be, truth be told we don't have a starting QB on this roster. Bradford is done friends, he is done. His knee will never be the same. Todays game REQUIRES a Mobile QB unless you are tom brady or peyton manning. High time the Vikings put a year into studying QBs in college and make an intelligent Draft of a QB

Its weird you don't think they do this. Like they literally wing it. :lol: Teddy was universally Lauded as "the pick" for us. and I don't care what revisionist history people care to write, up until that injury he was developing. He looked very very sharp in those preseason games. I don't know if he will be able to pick up where he left off but this image of the vikings front office being inept is strange. They aced the Oline this off season, they hung onto teddy and got Case like they Knew bradfords knee was going to implode, they know what they are doing.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:47 am
Backup

I'm not sure if Teddy can recover enough or not. It seems Bradford at best should be a backup QB. He was never great when healthy and he has a really bum left knee. He's a guy maybe you can go to for a few games if need be, but to count on him for an entire season or seasons, seems like a big risk.

Another reason why Spielman failed. Should have drafted a QB in the mid rounds last offseason. Missed on Dak Prescott who looks the part. The traded away the 1st rounder. Missed on Deshaun Watson (forget where he was picked exactly but another whiff).

I'd rather have Watson or Prescott then Bradford at this point. Other teams can get QB's, but the Vikings can't. I wonder why?

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:50 am
Commissioner

FireSpieldope wrote:
I'm not sure if Teddy can recover enough or not. It seems Bradford at best should be a backup QB. He was never great when healthy and he has a really bum left knee. He's a guy maybe you can go to for a few games if need be, but to count on him for an entire season or seasons, seems like a big risk.

Another reason why Spielman failed. Should have drafted a QB in the mid rounds last offseason. Missed on Dak Prescott who looks the part. The traded away the 1st rounder. Missed on Deshaun Watson (forget where he was picked exactly but another whiff).

I'd rather have Watson or Prescott then Bradford at this point. Other teams can get QB's, but the Vikings can't. I wonder why?

Lol

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 am
Waterboy

FireSpieldope wrote:

Missed on Aaron Rodgers missed on brady missed on Matt Ryan. We should just start drafting every quarterback in the draft and field a team of all quarterbacks.....QB's don't always work out man it's like playing the lottery you could buy,5,000 dollars worth of tickets an not win or you could buy 1 and hit big. Even sure fire first rounders don't work out...ehem Sam Bradford. He was a first round draft pick twice an how's he doin right now???

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:23 am
Backup

darrenjohn89 wrote:
FireSpieldope wrote:

Missed on Aaron Rodgers missed on brady missed on Matt Ryan. We should just start drafting every quarterback in the draft and field a team of all quarterbacks.....QB's don't always work out man it's like playing the lottery you could buy,5,000 dollars worth of tickets an not win or you could buy 1 and hit big. Even sure fire first rounders don't work out...ehem Sam Bradford. He was a first round draft pick twice an how's he doin right now???

But if you don't play a ticket you can't win. We already knew Bradford was a losing ticket (the reason of him being dumped twice). I knew our backup spot needed upgrading Pre-Teddy-Injury. Spielman didn't. I knew Bradford wasn't worth a 1st round pick. SPielman didn't. Watson was my favorite QB in the draft. Didn't have a 1st rounder and Spielman probably didn't. So from my perspective Spielman is doing a horrendous job.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:28 am
All Pro Elite Player

FireSpieldope wrote:
But if you don't play a ticket you can't win. We already knew Bradford was a losing ticket (the reason of him being dumped twice). I knew our backup spot needed upgrading Pre-Teddy-Injury. Spielman didn't. I knew Bradford wasn't worth a 1st round pick. SPielman didn't. Watson was my favorite QB in the draft. Didn't have a 1st rounder and Spielman probably didn't. So from my perspective Spielman is doing a horrendous job.

You might be the Mondayiest Morningiest Quarterback to Ever Quarterback a Monday Morning.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:35 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

IrishViking wrote:
FireSpieldope wrote:

You might be the Mondayiest Morningiest Quarterback to Ever Quarterback a Monday Morning.

And maybe he should be our GM. Because he seems to know everything there is to know about Quarterbacks. :roll:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:48 am
Starting Wide Receiver

FireSpieldope wrote:

Really? Another anti-Spielman post? Never would have guessed.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Backup

IrishViking wrote:
FireSpieldope wrote:

I would agree with you if beforehand I didn't want an upgrade over Hill in the draft or call the Bradford trade horrible or prior to the draft want Watson. It was obvious to me we needed a better backup in case Teddy missed extensive time and Bradford wasn't worth a First round pick. Now maybe for you it wasn't obvious.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:58 pm
Backup

IrishViking wrote:
FireSpieldope wrote:

And maybe he should be our GM. Because he seems to know everything there is to know about Quarterbacks. :roll:

LOL, To be honest I was/am a Teddy guy. Spielman made the right pick there IMO, sometimes things don't work out. Maybe it still will. Just to let you know I am not biased. I also liked Kalil, so maybe I was a bonehead there too. haha. I also am not saying I was a Prescott guy, I just thought a mid round type potential backup/starter QB was smart to draft. Just knowing that Hill wasn't that good nor was he ever starter material. I also liked that QB from Ole Miss as a mid- late rounder last year, Kelly's nephew. I forget his name. Not sure where he went or what not.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:05 pm
Commissioner

Sugarman just said it's "wear and tear" on the knee. NOT A BONE BRUISE. Related to previous two knee surgeries.

This changes a lot.

Got an MRI that showed no new damage (that's good at least).

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:14 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

FullWood wrote:

We've been looking into drafting a franchise QB since Daunte Culpepper blew out his knee in 2005.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:58 pm
All Pro Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
Sugarman just said it's "wear and tear" on the knee. NOT A BONE BRUISE. Related to previous two knee surgeries.

This changes a lot.

You have to ask yourself why was he out there? I find it peculiar that if he was in limited practice, obviously no contact, that Zimmer would jump the gun.

Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:14 pm
All Pro Elite Player

720pete wrote:
FullWood wrote:

We've been looking into drafting a franchise QB since Daunte Culpepper blew out his knee in 2005.

I still would like to have AJ McCarron.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:16 pm
Commissioner

CbusVikesFan wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

This changes a lot.

You have to ask yourself why was he out there? I find it peculiar that if he was in limited practice, obviously no contact, that Zimmer would jump the gun.

Apparently everyone gave the green light, including Sugarman. I dunno. Weird. You wonder how long they shut him down now.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:18 pm
All Pro Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
CbusVikesFan wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

This changes a lot.

Apparently everyone gave the green light, including Sugarman. I dunno. Weird. You wonder how long they shut him down now.

I was jacked after week one. Crushed by week two. Concerned week 5. Flabbergasted end of 5.
Sam better think about life after football and how much it would mean to walk when he's 50.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:33 pm
Commissioner

http://vikingsterritory.com/2017/opinio ... -is-enough

Quote:
What I saw last night was a desperate man, one fighting (literally) on his last leg to remain relevant, today and in the years ahead. Sitting out would only fuel the franchise’s desire to turn back to a healthy Bridgewater this season; starting the game, albeit hurt, would at least give Bradford a shot at a prolonged audition for 2018 and beyond. But Bradford’s body, as it has in the past, failed him when it mattered most.

In front of millions in primetime, we watched a player’s body crumble under the pressure to rush back from chronic injury; we saw shoulders slump in pitiful acceptance of an injury that could, potentially, knock Bradford out of football for good; we saw him grapple, on live television, with his own fragility.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:16 pm
Fenrir

FireSpieldope wrote:

While I don't dislike Spielman anywhere near the level that you do, I do agree that his refusal to draft a mid-round QB has also been a criticism of mine. It seems like our QB's are 1st rounders or UDFA's with nothing in between. And not just last year, every year from what I can recall. It goes back to Favre, how the heck do you have a 40 year-old QB and no contingency plan? The guy is 40!

Seriously, who was the last QB taken in the mid-rounds? Please tell me it wasn't John David Booty. And no, Joe Webb doesn't count.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm
Career Elite Player

S197 wrote:
FireSpieldope wrote:

While I don't dislike Spielman anywhere near the level that you do, I do agree that his refusal to draft a mid-round QB has also been a criticism of mine. It seems like our QB's are 1st rounders or UDFA's with nothing in between. And not just last year, every year from what I can recall. It goes back to Favre, how the heck do you have a 40 year-old QB and no contingency plan? The guy is 40!

Seriously, who was the last QB taken in the mid-rounds? Please tell me it wasn't John David Booty. And no, Joe Webb doesn't count.

Since 1987:
1987 Brent Pease Round 11
1992 Brad Johnson Round 9
1993 Gino Torretta Round 7
1995 Chad May Round 4
1999 Dante Culpepper Round 1
2006 Tarvaris Jackson Round 2
2007 Tyler Thigpen Round 7
2008 John Booty Round 5
2010 Joe Webb Round 6
2011 Christian Ponder Round 1
2014 Teddy Bridgewater Round 1

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 pm
Commissioner

Ben Leber is speculating knee arthritis. Take that for what it's worth.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:55 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

The Vikings drafted Chad May?

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next