Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29897
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Sept171961 [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY

August 31, 1997
Vikings 34 at Bills 13
Vikings get a touchdown on a 30-yard fumble return by a linebacker from Kentucky who had been a 12th round pick by the Steelers. With Minnesota (1995-1997) he played in 47 of 48 games, intercepting 5 passes and recovering 5 fumbles. Can you name him?

September 1, 1996
Vikings 17 Lions 13
The player described above intercepts a pass and laterals to a defensive back who runs the remaining 27 yards to score. The DB was a #1 pick from NC State who had 10 picks for Minnesota (1994-1997) and 19 more later on with the Steelers. Can you name him?

September 2, 1979
Vikings 28 49ers 22
Tommy Kramer throws a 25-yard touchdown pass with 17 seconds left to win it. The receiver came to Minnesota from the Bills and is currently #5 on the all-time Viking list in scoring catches, #6 in catches and #7 in receiving yards. Can you name him?


September 3, 2000
Vikings 30 Bears 27
Daunte Culpepper has 3 scoring runs in his NFL debut. The Vikings get 3 field goals from a South African native who had hit all 35 of his regular season field goal attempts in 1998. He is currently #5 on the all-time Viking field goal list. Can you name him?

September 4, 1983
Vikings 27 at Browns 21
Minnesota gets 3 touchdowns from a back who only played with the Vikings (1979-1986). He had been a #1 pick out of NC State. He is currently #5 on the all-time Viking rushing list, #4 in rushing touchdowns and #8 in catches. Can you name him?

Author:  Nunin [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY

Sept171961 wrote:
August 31, 1997
Vikings 34 at Bills 13
Vikings get a touchdown on a 30-yard fumble return by a linebacker from Kentucky who had been a 12th round pick by the Steelers. With Minnesota (1995-1997) he played in 47 of 48 games, intercepting 5 passes and recovering 5 fumbles. Can you name him?


mike merriweather?

Sept171961 wrote:
September 1, 1996
Vikings 17 Lions 13
The player described above intercepts a pass and laterals to a defensive back who runs the remaining 27 yards to score. The DB was a #1 pick from NC State who had 10 picks for Minnesota (1994-1997) and 19 more later on with the Steelers. Can you name him?


washington? dewayne maybe?
Sept171961 wrote:
September 2, 1979
Vikings 28 49ers 22
Tommy Kramer throws a 25-yard touchdown pass with 17 seconds left to win it. The receiver came to Minnesota from the Bills and is currently #5 on the all-time Viking list in scoring catches, #6 in catches and #7 in receiving yards. Can you name him?

anthony carter?

Sept171961 wrote:
September 3, 2000
Vikings 30 Bears 27
Daunte Culpepper has 3 scoring runs in his NFL debut. The Vikings get 3 field goals from a South African native who had hit all 35 of his regular season field goal attempts in 1998. He is currently #5 on the all-time Viking field goal list. Can you name him?
morten andersen
Sept171961 wrote:

September 4, 1983
Vikings 27 at Browns 21
Minnesota gets 3 touchdowns from a back who only played with the Vikings (1979-1986). He had been a #1 pick out of NC State. He is currently #5 on the all-time Viking rushing list, #4 in rushing touchdowns and #8 in catches. Can you name him?


derrin nelson?

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY

Gary Anderson not Morten... And i don't think AC is the answer for that one. I think it is Ahmad Rashad.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY

Oh... Is Alfred Anderson the answer to the last one? I think Darren Nelson came later, plus he played for SD for few years.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  Nunin [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY

i think you're right about Rashad.
I don't know about Alfred Anderson though.

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY

I think the last one is Ted Brown.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY

Is the first one Jeff Brady?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  autobon7 [ Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY

Don't think Anthony Carter was in the league in 79.....think he started early to mid 80s

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY

This is fun... But I want to know the answers lol.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  Askani1022 [ Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: THIS DAY IN VIKING HISTORY

Jack Del Rio
Dwayne Washington
Ahmad Rashad
Gary Anderson
Ted Brown

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/