View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:05 am



Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings 
Author Message
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7196
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
more dink and dunk offense. it's sad, it's really sad


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6020
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
YikesVikes wrote:
I wish I could find something nice to say.


Yay! Incomplete pass (finally!) :)

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:48 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4396
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
YikesVikes wrote:
SP1966 wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
Sam is horrible. Throw it so guys can catch and run.


I like you, you're predictable!


I don't care. Its the truth. He is really bad at that.


Yeah 20 tds and 5 ints. He's so bad :roll:

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:48 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:24 am
Posts: 1499
Location: south minneapolis
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
VikingPaul73 wrote:
[ Might be zimmer's last.



Same thought went through my mind.

_________________
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:49 pm
Profile
Rookie

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:17 pm
Posts: 33
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
If the defense plays like it has in the preseason games during the season we'll be lucky to win 5 games. Can't stop the run or the pass now. It's remarkable how far they've gone downhill since game 5 of last season. Very average now :(.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:49 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4396
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
I need to stop getting on here during the preseason. The reactions blow my mind. It's fricken preseason!!!!

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:50 pm
Profile
Franchise Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 pm
Posts: 467
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
SP1966 wrote:

I like you, you're predictable!


I don't care. Its the truth. He is really bad at that.


Yeah 20 tds and 5 ints. He's so bad :roll:


Five random fat guys from the stands could block better than the Vikes line, but yeah, Bradford sucks.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:50 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
Just Me wrote:
I know not to read too much into pre-season, but man the 1st string defense just looks flat to me. I'm still waiting for a game for them to impress me.


Losing Capt will hurt us. We have made horrible changes this offseason.


You're replacing captain with Newman who played better than captain last year. And I'd love to know what those "horrible changes" consist of


You can't just replace a slot cb with an outside cb. I would have thought Josh Robinson would have taught us that.
I can explain the difference to you if you need me to.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:50 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6020
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Nice effort by Sherels

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:50 pm
Profile
Franchise Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 pm
Posts: 467
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I need to stop getting on here during the preseason. The reactions blow my mind. It's fricken preseason!!!!


Blocking is illegal in the preseason?


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:51 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
SP1966 wrote:

Yeah 20 tds and 5 ints. He's so bad :roll:


Five random fat guys from the stands could block better than the Vikes line, but yeah, Bradford sucks.[/quote][/quote]

WHy not address my point. He never.... never.... ever... steps up into the pocket. He sits after he takes his 5 step drop. Look at any good QB and they step back and then step up to buy more time. He never does it and he gets sacked MORE because of it.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile
Franchise Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 pm
Posts: 467
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
YikesVikes wrote:
WHy not address my point. He never.... never.... ever... steps up into the pocket. He sits after he takes his 5 step drop. Look at any good QB and they step back and then step up to buy more time. He never does it and he gets sacked MORE because of it.


Did you just say pocket while discussing this team?


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:53 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Not saying that out Oline is good or even average but Sam is a QB that doesn't do them any favors. He is incapable of buying time himself. If you have bad OT (which we do), you can't take a 6 step drop and stay there. That is where the DEs are aiming for. Step up and they run past you.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:55 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
SP1966 wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
WHy not address my point. He never.... never.... ever... steps up into the pocket. He sits after he takes his 5 step drop. Look at any good QB and they step back and then step up to buy more time. He never does it and he gets sacked MORE because of it.


Did you just say pocket while discussing this team?


Yes... Our problem are our OT. LG isn't great but there is typically time up front. We usually lose and lose big on the edge.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:56 pm
Profile
Franchise Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 pm
Posts: 467
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
YikesVikes wrote:
Not saying that out Oline is good or even average but Sam is a QB that doesn't do them any favors. He is incapable of buying time himself. If you have bad OT (which we do), you can't take a 6 step drop and stay there. That is where the DEs are aiming for. Step up and they run past you.


Step up and get a nice hug from a 350+ pound defensive tackle!


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:56 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6020
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
That was a nice pass by Bradford. Too bad Diggs dropped it.

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:57 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
SP1966 wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
Not saying that out Oline is good or even average but Sam is a QB that doesn't do them any favors. He is incapable of buying time himself. If you have bad OT (which we do), you can't take a 6 step drop and stay there. That is where the DEs are aiming for. Step up and they run past you.


Step up and get a nice hug from a 350+ pound defensive tackle!


False. I bet our interior OL grade out above average just like last season.
So far this offseason they have graded out solid.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:57 pm
Profile
Practice Squad

Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:55 pm
Posts: 14
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Murray is looking pretty good. I have liked Cook from what I have seen this preseason too.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:57 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10500
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Boone out, elf and Easton both on the field. Looked pretty good.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:57 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Just Me wrote:
That was a nice pass by Bradford. Too bad Diggs dropped it.


Agreed. He found the open WR and delivered a good pass. Plenty of room up front and the tackles held their water.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:58 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
S197 wrote:
Boone out, elf and Easton both on the field. Looked pretty good.


I think Boone is done. The interior combo of Berger, Easton and Elf looks to be the best combo.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:59 pm
Profile
Franchise Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 pm
Posts: 467
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
YikesVikes wrote:
Just Me wrote:
That was a nice pass by Bradford. Too bad Diggs dropped it.


Agreed. He found the open WR and delivered a good pass. Plenty of room up front and the tackles held their water.


You were grating your teeth as you typed that! Admit it.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:59 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 pm
Posts: 894
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Has our starting offense scored a touchdown in pre-season yet?

_________________
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson


Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:00 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
SP1966 wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
Just Me wrote:
That was a nice pass by Bradford. Too bad Diggs dropped it.


Agreed. He found the open WR and delivered a good pass. Plenty of room up front and the tackles held their water.


You were grating your teeth as you typed that! Admit it.


Not really. When Bradford has a perfect pocket, he looks good. Too bad in the NFL that simply doesn't happen often.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:01 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
allday1991 wrote:
Has our starting offense scored a touchdown in pre-season yet?


No... :wallbang:


Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:02 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4396
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
YikesVikes wrote:

You can't just replace a slot cb with an outside cb. I would have thought Josh Robinson would have taught us that.
I can explain the difference to you if you need me to.


No but Newman is still a very good corner. It's not like cap is THAT much better than Newman. We're talking about Josh Robinson and Terrance Newman. The two aren't even comparable. I don't need you to explain anything to me. Your posts have said enough about your football knowledge

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:02 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10500
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Apparently Hill was in at RT too. Pagano needs to decide his starters so they can play together for Christ sake


Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:04 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:

You can't just replace a slot cb with an outside cb. I would have thought Josh Robinson would have taught us that.
I can explain the difference to you if you need me to.


No but Newman is still a very good corner. It's not like cap is THAT much better than Newman. We're talking about Josh Robinson and Terrance Newman. The two aren't even comparable. I don't need you to explain anything to me. Your posts have said enough about your football knowledge


Newman was alway more of a top speed guy than quick. With age his twitch is even more diminished. We ran mostly a cover 3/ off man defense on his side last season which is perfect for his skillset at this age. In this defense he gets to get moving at the snap of the ball and he is already accelerating as the WR approach

Having to sit in the middle of the field (no sideline on a side) and have to defense left or right on every play is not going to be easy for him.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:06 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6020
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Nice shovel pass. Too bad it's coming back...

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:06 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 194
Post Re: Preseason Game 3 49ers at Vikings
Just Me wrote:
Nice shovel pass. Too bad it's coming back...


More impressed by his roll out.


Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:07 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.