Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

So Long and Thanks for All the Football
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29886
Page 2 of 2

Author:  S197 [ Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Texas Vike wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
Good luck Jim. I've learned a lot from you and not just about football.

I hope you have some other outlet to express your Vikings issues whether it be friends or relatives. For me, VMB is therapeutic.

This forum will always be one click away so please chime in from time to time.


An outlet for our "Vikings Issues." :lol: Well said.


Vikings fans -- keeping psychiatrists in business since 1970.

Author:  mosscarter [ Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Take care Mothman--you were always a really good board moderator.

Author:  halfgiz [ Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Jim hope it is just a short leave...You are really going to be missed!!

Author:  ChicagoViking [ Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Hey, Mothman. If you're still around, PM me. I don't pay much attention to personal details on fan forums, so I had never noticed you live in Chicago until today. My brother and I are Vikings season ticket holders. He lives in Utah and I live in Chicago, and we try to get up to a few games each year. Always happy to talk about Vikings football.

Author:  jackal [ Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Wow .. little stunned and wish you all the luck
in the world, Jim

Post script... so Jim are going pro with that
belly button thing(ground hog day)

Author:  Kansas Viking [ Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

As someone who stepped back several years ago and only drops in occasionally, I understand Jim. But I will say this, when I do drop in here I usually look for your posts as I always enjoyed your insight. I could have never got this board off the ground years ago without people like you. I will miss seeing your thoughts here when I drop in.

Author:  chicagopurple [ Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

I too have stepped away.
42 years of faithfully following a team that has consistently failed is just too much.
Clearly the team under Spielman is a failure. I have NO confidence that they are remotely close to being a top tier team for the foreseeable future. The most exciting part of the team is their shiny new stadium....yawn......
42 years ending in disgust. This will be the first year in decades that I wont be driving up to MN for game(s). I didnt give up.....they failed.
Time to find a winter hobby.

Author:  mansquatch [ Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Jim, you will be missed greatly.

I'm putting my money on "you'll be back" though. I hope I'm right!

If not, enjoy the next chapter in life. :govikes:

Author:  J. Kapp 11 [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Guys, guys ... you're looking at this all wrong. Can't you see? This is nothing short of a banner day for trolls! Wyatt Earp has retired ... Dodge City can return to its rightful place in the Wild Wild West!

Without Jim around to moderate, we're free to call each other names, throw f-bombs, dish out fake news, and say things like, "Yo mama looks like Linval Joseph." We can use hip-hop lingo like "whaddup yo?" and "that's lit," and insult each others' wives. Civility is dead. Immaturity rises from the ashes.

In other words, we can FINALLY be like all the other forums on the planet!

******************

Seriously, Jim ... was it something I said? Cuz it often is!

It won't be the same around here without you. The reason VMB is still the only sports board I'll even read, let alone participate with, is precisely because it ISN'T Dodge City. Trolling, name calling and all the other stuff isn't allowed, and you always have been a big reason for that, even before you were officially a moderator. Your calm tone and level head always helped settle the more high-strung among us, and smoothed out the edges of the bipolar guys here (like me).

So I'll just say "thank you." For being a voice of reason. For taking on the role of adult among us toddlers. You'll be sorely missed (even though I'm pretty sure the real reason you're leaving is because you're a Bears fan who wants desperately to come out of the closet). 8)

Be well. Hope to see you here from time to time.

Author:  Texas Vike [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Excellent post, Kapp. You accurately captured Jim's contribution to this board with your metaphor(s). Well put.

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Guys, guys ... you're looking at this all wrong. Can't you see? This is nothing short of a banner day for trolls! Wyatt Earp has retired ... Dodge City can return to its rightful place in the Wild Wild West!

Without Jim around to moderate, we're free to call each other names, throw f-bombs, dish out fake news, and say things like, "Yo mama looks like Linval Joseph." We can use hip-hop lingo like "whaddup yo?" and "that's lit," and insult each others' wives. Civility is dead. Immaturity rises from the ashes.

In other words, we can FINALLY be like all the other forums on the planet!

******************

Seriously, Jim ... was it something I said? Cuz it often is!

It won't be the same around here without you. The reason VMB is still the only sports board I'll even read, let alone participate with, is precisely because it ISN'T Dodge City. Trolling, name calling and all the other stuff isn't allowed, and you always have been a big reason for that, even before you were officially a moderator. Your calm tone and level head always helped settle the more high-strung among us, and smoothed out the edges of the bipolar guys here (like me).

So I'll just say "thank you." For being a voice of reason. For taking on the role of adult among us toddlers. You'll be sorely missed (even though I'm pretty sure the real reason you're leaving is because you're a Bears fan who wants desperately to come out of the closet). 8)

Be well. Hope to see you here from time to time.


Word to yoa mutha!

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Wait a minute... What's wrong with your mother looking like Linval Joseph?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Wait a minute... What's wrong with your mother looking like Linval Joseph?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk



Well, Linval does resemble Biz Markie a little. Don't think that's a good look for a woman.

Image

Author:  mansquatch [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

it's Linval Hungry. Get it straight.

The question on your mother resembling Linval Hungry should not require elaboration.

Author:  vikeinmontana [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

haven't posted in a while but this news sucks. looked forward to your posts more than anyones! guess someone else will have step up to the challenge!

Author:  Purple Martin [ Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

WHAT? OH PLEEEEAZE SAY IT ISN'T SO!!

Author:  PacificNorseWest [ Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Watch the Vikings go to the Super Bowl and win it on their own field and Jim's been the curse this whole time. :lol:

Just joking, Jim. You're good people..

But seriously, what if?

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Watch the Vikings go to the Super Bowl and win it on their own field and Jim's been the curse this whole time. [emoji38]

Just joking, Jim. You're good people..

But seriously, what if?
That's where much money is.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

It won't let me edit the post... I meant my money.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  indianation65 [ Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Mr. Mothman,
Apparently you are ahead of your time.

Many will follow...
Go Vikes...

...wisdom

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/