Things I want to see in tonights game (before I fall asleep)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Things I want to see in tonights game (before I fall asleep)

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Such a late game tonight.... here are some things I want to see.

1. Nobody get hurt
2. Cook get some more opportunities
3. Offensive line look good vs a good D line
4. Heineke play better, I really want to think he has good potential.
5. Coley and Adams continue to grow and run good routes
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Things I want to see in tonights game (before I fall asl

Post by Texas Vike »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Such a late game tonight.... here are some things I want to see.

1. Nobody get hurt
Agreed. Hope to see a better run D too.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I would like to see more downfield passing, and NO DUMP OFFS.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I would like to see more downfield passing, and NO DUMP OFFS.

Well sometimes dumpoffs are needed. But ya, more downfield would be nice. I will never complain about a Pass interference going our way.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Word is McKinnon will return some kicks now that he's healthy. I've wanted him to win the job so hopefully he shows well.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Such a late game tonight.... here are some things I want to see.

1. Nobody get hurt
Agreed. To add a couple more:

I'd like to see someone step up at the 3-technique position as it's clearly the weakness of the D-line. Tom Johnson is a nice situational pass rusher but we need someone better against the run. Hoping either Datone Jones or Jaleel Johnson can be that player.

Guys who looked good in the 1st game (Coley, Bower, Kearse, Eric Wilson) to continue to make strides.

Not sure if Treadwell is playing but if so, it'd be nice to see him get a catch or two.

I would also watch Beavers and Isidora as it sounds like both have had a good start to the year. Beavers in particular since I think everyone wrote him off after getting cut last year. Seems like he has outplayed the other backup T's.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

S197 wrote: Agreed. To add a couple more:

I'd like to see someone step up at the 3-technique position as it's clearly the weakness of the D-line. Tom Johnson is a nice situational pass rusher but we need someone better against the run. Hoping either Datone Jones or Jaleel Johnson can be that player.

Guys who looked good in the 1st game (Coley, Bower, Kearse, Eric Wilson) to continue to make strides.

Not sure if Treadwell is playing but if so, it'd be nice to see him get a catch or two.

I would also watch Beavers and Isidora as it sounds like both have had a good start to the year. Beavers in particular since I think everyone wrote him off after getting cut last year. Seems like he has outplayed the other backup T's.
Doesn't look like Treadwell is playing.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I would like to see more downfield passing, and NO DUMP OFFS.

Yeah this dink and dunk Mentality we have been doing since Childress needs to go away.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

S197 wrote: Agreed. To add a couple more:

It was good to see Jaleel with another strong performance, it will be interesting to see who starts against SF at 3 tech. Tom Johnson is too much of a liability. Kearse and bower both had another good game.

Sucks to not see Treadwell again but the 1st string will see lots of action next week.

Concerns seem to be nickel corner (I think Newman can take over if necessary but Alexander really needs to earn his 2nd round pick), Greenways replacement, 3 tech DT, and WR3. I don't think Adams makes the team. Maybe initially but only until Floyd can come back.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Who started week one with Barr And Kendrick?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Who started week one with Barr And Kendrick?

I believe it was Gedeon. He was out there with the ones at some point.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly