Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

2017 Training Camp Updates
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29855
Page 6 of 6

Author:  Texas Vike [ Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

S197 wrote:
I just don't see the big deal and certainly don't see unprecedented risk.


Not sure what Jim meant, but my interpretation was what was unprecedented about the risk was precisely taking someone from a league that has never produced a player of any talent whatsoever.


Also, I don't think it's a big deal either, but I do think it was an idiotic investment of an important resource. Clearly, your view is different and there's no changing it. I'm done with MOBO.

Author:  Mothman [ Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

Texas Vike wrote:
S197 wrote:
I just don't see the big deal and certainly don't see unprecedented risk.


Not sure what Jim meant, but my interpretation was what was unprecedented about the risk was precisely taking someone from a league that has never produced a player of any talent whatsoever.


That's exactly what I meant and since no NFL team has ever drafted a GFL player before, it was obviously a correct use of the word unprecedented.

Author:  S197 [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

Mothman wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
S197 wrote:
I just don't see the big deal and certainly don't see unprecedented risk.


Not sure what Jim meant, but my interpretation was what was unprecedented about the risk was precisely taking someone from a league that has never produced a player of any talent whatsoever.


That's exactly what I meant and since no NFL team has ever drafted a GFL player before, it was obviously a correct use of the word unprecedented.


I don't think any of us care to spend a ton of energy on MoBo but just to clarify my point, the correct use would have been to say there is no precedent (noun) for drafting a GFL player. Saying the Vikings took unprecedented (adj) risk (noun) indicates the risk they took has never been done before. Given that teams take fliers on long shot players all the time, I didn't think there was unprecedented risk by drafted a low probability guy in the 6th. To me, the Herschel Walker trade would be an example of unprecedented risk. Drafting a woman would be a precedent. Hope that clarifies.

Author:  Mothman [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

S197 wrote:
I don't think any of us care to spend a ton of energy on MoBo but just to clarify my point, the correct use would have been to say there is no precedent (noun) for drafting a GFL player. Saying the Vikings took unprecedented (adj) risk (noun) indicates the risk they took has never been done before.


Yes, that's because this particular risk was unique and no team had taken it before. :)

Your point was clear the first time. Can we PLEASE drop this now?

Author:  dead_poet [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:
I don't think any of us care to spend a ton of energy on MoBo but just to clarify my point, the correct use would have been to say there is no precedent (noun) for drafting a GFL player. Saying the Vikings took unprecedented (adj) risk (noun) indicates the risk they took has never been done before.


Yes, that's because this particular risk was unique and no team had taken it before. :)

Your point was clear the first time. Can we PLEASE drop this now?


But Jim, his measurables. Have we discussed them yet? More. All energy devoted to this. There is nothing else.

(The Legend of MoBo shall never die)

Author:  Mothman [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

dead_poet wrote:
Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:
I don't think any of us care to spend a ton of energy on MoBo but just to clarify my point, the correct use would have been to say there is no precedent (noun) for drafting a GFL player. Saying the Vikings took unprecedented (adj) risk (noun) indicates the risk they took has never been done before.


Yes, that's because this particular risk was unique and no team had taken it before. :)

Your point was clear the first time. Can we PLEASE drop this now?


But Jim, his measurables. Have we discussed them yet? More. All energy devoted to this. There is nothing else.

(The Legend of MoBo shall never die)


:lol:

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

Maybe Jim is MoBo? [emoji32]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  Pondering Her Percy [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

Gedeon got the start this past week over Robinson and Lamur. Zimmer was impressed with what he did. Looks like that could be a much better pick than many thought.

For not having a first round pick, I'm really liking this draft class. Cook is cook, Elflein looks to be a solid OL, Jaleel Johnson has impressed along with Gedeon. Coley has looked good. Bower as an UDFA. Seems like we've gotten a lot of hits in this draft class

Author:  autobon7 [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Gedeon got the start this past week over Robinson and Lamur. Zimmer was impressed with what he did. Looks like that could be a much better pick than many thought.

For not having a first round pick, I'm really liking this draft class. Cook is cook, Elflein looks to be a solid OL, Jaleel Johnson has impressed along with Gedeon. Coley has looked good. Bower as an UDFA. Seems like we've gotten a lot of hits in this draft class


I agree......really pulling for Bower. Seems like he totally fits the bill as far as length, power, and speed. I hope he can put it together and be a Hunter V2.

Author:  S197 [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Gedeon got the start this past week over Robinson and Lamur. Zimmer was impressed with what he did. Looks like that could be a much better pick than many thought.

For not having a first round pick, I'm really liking this draft class. Cook is cook, Elflein looks to be a solid OL, Jaleel Johnson has impressed along with Gedeon. Coley has looked good. Bower as an UDFA. Seems like we've gotten a lot of hits in this draft class


I just worry about Gedeon's coverage ability, he definitely has a nose for the ball. I wonder if they would consider moving him to mike and Kendricks outside in base 43 defense.

Author:  dead_poet [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

S197 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Gedeon got the start this past week over Robinson and Lamur. Zimmer was impressed with what he did. Looks like that could be a much better pick than many thought.

For not having a first round pick, I'm really liking this draft class. Cook is cook, Elflein looks to be a solid OL, Jaleel Johnson has impressed along with Gedeon. Coley has looked good. Bower as an UDFA. Seems like we've gotten a lot of hits in this draft class


I just worry about Gedeon's coverage ability, he definitely has a nose for the ball. I wonder if they would consider moving him to mike and Kendricks outside in base 43 defense.


I like the idea but I'm sure that option is out. We would've seen that experiment by now. I think Gedeon will play the Greenway role in base and sub out in nickel (where most defenses play the majority of the time these days).

Definitely some bright spots from this year's rookie class.

Author:  ChicagoViking [ Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

PurpleMustReign wrote:
What bothers me more is how the Vikings scouting team thought enough of him to spend a pick on him when he is now as far behind as he reportedly is.

My thoughts exactly.

Author:  dead_poet [ Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

Easton or Elflein at center? Hasan breaks it down.

http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/ev ... ck-easton/

Page 6 of 6 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/