2017 Training Camp Updates

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

Post by 808vikingsfan »

VikingUpdate.com‏ @VikingUpdate 19m19 minutes ago

Jerick McKinnon back in pads this afternoon. Not practicing are Riley Reiff, Kentrell Brothers and Ifeadi Odenigbo. #Vikings
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Michael Floyd generating a lot of buzz, having himself a good camp so far.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Via Luke Inman...
Today's winners:

3rd: Bucky Hodges
2nd: Shamar Stephen
1st: Michael Floyd

Honorable Mention: Tom Johnson
Reports of Remmers aren't glowing. Griffen, Robison, Hunter, Joseph all doing well, to be expected. Lot of buzz on Dalvin.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

DE Ifeadi Odenigbo with a sprained ankle.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Thanks for all the updates!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer said Marcus Sherels could handle both punt and kick return duties, but that the competition is wide open. Priefer noted he would like to see running back Jerick McKinnon handle kickoffs, too.
Sherels is the man on Punt Returns but I'd rather see MicKinnon return kicks if he can handle it. Of course he's injured right now but I think he has some good moves and has more potential to get bigger gains.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Man, the Reiff injury, is taking the little bit of wind I had out of my sails... Typical Vikings team. :wallbang:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Thaumaturgist wrote:Man, the Reiff injury, is taking the little bit of wind I had out of my sails... Typical Vikings team. :wallbang:
It's a bit too early to be too worried, I think. We don't know what's wrong and it's still a bit before the season.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Cliff wrote: It's a bit too early to be too worried, I think. We don't know what's wrong and it's still a bit before the season.
Honestly it's the comments from Zim about it being "Nothing to worry about" that have me worried. We've been down that road with him before.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Definitely not what we want to read right now. The good news is Rashod Hill is taking time as the starter and not TJ Clemmings. Maybe they finally figured out Clemmings is bad news.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

mansquatch wrote:Definitely not what we want to read right now. The good news is Rashod Hill is taking time as the starter and not TJ Clemmings. Maybe they finally figured out Clemmings is bad news.
Yeah. Clemmings has been moved to guard anyway. Sad part is he's probably still LT3.

Note that Reiff, Brothers and Odenigbo watching walkthrough this morning. None will likely practice.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Reiff is a vet, so the main loss here is time to gel with his teammates, assuming this isn't something more major that they are trying to keep under wraps...
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

No way Remmers lasts. Sadly, the Vikings may have to hope for another teams veteran cap casualty to patch that spot. At least patch it better than what Remmers is doing.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I wouldn't be so fast to write Remmer's off. Keep in mind what is playing behind him...

As I and others have said, even a below average to average tackle is a large improvement over what took the snaps through most of 2016. Remmers was never going to be a world beater, if he was they never would have signed him to such a small contract relative to the other guys in Free Agency. Now is a time for patience...