2017 Training Camp Updates

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Good read DP!

Arif Hasan
@ArifHasanNFL
56m
Quite a few snaps where Isidora has been there in place of Berger. Don't know if it's vets rest or something else
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
JDLon
Rookie

Post by JDLon »

thanks DP, i'm sure everyone will be really shocked by this:
In addition to Isidora taking a few reps at right guard, T.J. Clemmings was awarded a few snaps with the first-team. He entered during a team situation where the Vikings had the ball at the opposing 30-yard-line with 1:54 on the clock. On the second play, Clemmings was destroyed with speed by Tom Johnson, who literally almost stopped the play. The next snap had a similar result. Clemmings was turned around by Johnson and Bradford was forced to throw the ball away. The coaches brought the kicking team on the field and kicker Marshall Koehn drilled a 47-yard field goal with plenty of distance. However, it wasn’t before Clemmings was destroyed twice.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

That is a microcosm of last season on offense. The guy is a major liability right now.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

It was reported that Reid Fragal was currently backup RT. But I really haven't seen much mentioned about him.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Hopefully this is just camp experimentation, which is common. Clemmings needs to go. Honestly, Hill will probably be first man up for either tackle position.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:Hopefully this is just camp experimentation, which is common. Clemmings needs to go. Honestly, Hill will probably be first man up for either tackle position.
Second that. Clemmings is dead to me. Hill should be competing for RT with Remmers as well as backup/swing tackle. I'm concerned with the entire right side of the line. I figured Berger would lock up RG pretty easily but reports aren't great. Seems like that's a position very much a question mark.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Second that. Clemmings is dead to me. Hill should be competing for RT with Remmers as well as backup/swing tackle. I'm concerned with the entire right side of the line. I figured Berger would lock up RG pretty easily but reports aren't great. Seems like that's a position very much a question mark.
I asked before but dint remember the answer. Why did he switch to OL at Pittsburgh?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Cliff wrote: Sherels is the man on Punt Returns but I'd rather see MicKinnon return kicks if he can handle it. Of course he's injured right now but I think he has some good moves and has more potential to get bigger gains.
Seems like McKinnon is always banged up.....not sure he can handle it but he has shown to be explosive at times.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I asked before but dint remember the answer. Why did he switch to OL at Pittsburgh?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Looks like it was a whim./experiment. Was asked if he wanted to and said "Sure."

https://www.si.com/2015/02/18/nfl-draft ... pittsburgh
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Reiff still out
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

dead_poet wrote:Reiff still out

VERY concerning
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote: Second that. Clemmings is dead to me. Hill should be competing for RT with Remmers as well as backup/swing tackle. I'm concerned with the entire right side of the line. I figured Berger would lock up RG pretty easily but reports aren't great. Seems like that's a position very much a question mark.
Eric Thompson
@eric_j_thompson
1h
Re: Elflein at RG today. More about flexibility/familiarity than actually putting him at RG. twitter.com/MatthewColler/…
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:Reiff still out
Was hoping he'd be back after the day off. Injuries starting to roll in around the league, Dominique Easley torn ACL, Will Fuller broken collarbone, Forest Lamp carted off..