Did you know? Since the NFL went to 16 Games in ’78, the

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Did you know? Since the NFL went to 16 Games in ’78, the

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Since the NFL went to 16 Games in ’78, the Vikes Have NEVER Had a QB Start All 16 Games in Back to Back Seasons… That’s Not All…
In the 34 seasons since 1978, the Vikings have only had a quarterback play all 16 games NINE times. That’s 26% of the time. Not all of that can be chalked up to free agent QB’s. I decided to do some “Luke Braun-ing” and looked up the percentage of NFL quarterback’s that finish all 16 games in general. What’s amazing, before we get into general percentages is the following stat from the 2015 (I think?) season, “Eight of the 11 teams that won 10 or more games last season had quarterbacks that started all 16 of their games in the regular season.”
More at the link above.

I guess there's a pretty good chance we'll be seeing Keenum start sometime this season.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
RFIP
Veteran

Re: Did you know? Since the NFL went to 16 Games in ’78,

Post by RFIP »

808vikingsfan wrote:Since the NFL went to 16 Games in ’78, the Vikes Have NEVER Had a QB Start All 16 Games in Back to Back Seasons… That’s Not All…
More at the link above.

I guess there's a pretty good chance we'll be seeing Keenum start sometime this season.
Wrong. Bradford only started 15 games last year, Hill week 1 in Tennessee.
SidestreamFB Pete
Backup

Post by SidestreamFB Pete »

RFIP wrote:
Wrong. Bradford only started 15 games last year, Hill week 1 in Tennessee.
#DeepDive. They should let Keenum play against the Browns this year.
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

RFIP wrote: Wrong. Bradford only started 15 games last year, Hill week 1 in Tennessee.
Forgot about Hill. But still, only 9 QBs lasted an entire season since 78, there's still awful good chance.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Frivolous.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

So you have confirmed that the QB is the essential component to consistent winning in the NFL. Thank you.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

mansquatch wrote:So you have confirmed that the QB is the essential component to consistent winning in the NFL. Thank you.
A HEALTHY QB! :D
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Just thought it was an alarming stat. No matter who the Vikings try at QB, it almost never works out for more than a season. Cunningham, George, Favre, Culpepper, Ponder, Kramer, Bridgewater, Johnson, ....
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote:Just thought it was an alarming stat. No matter who the Vikings try at QB, it almost never works out for more than a season. Cunningham, George, Favre, Culpepper, Ponder, Kramer, Bridgewater, Johnson, ....
Kramer and Culpepper are the closest they've come to solving the problem over time and injuries ruined both of their careers. :(
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote:Just thought it was an alarming stat. No matter who the Vikings try at QB, it almost never works out for more than a season. Cunningham, George, Favre, Culpepper, Ponder, Kramer, Bridgewater, Johnson, ....
I thought it was alarming and interesting as well. And confirmation the franchise is cursed. :gone:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote: Kramer and Culpepper are the closest they've come to solving the problem over time and injuries ruined both of their careers. :(
Perhaps a bit of hard partying also contributed to Kramer's health issues?

Ah, those were the days. When men were men and partied like animals!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Perhaps a bit of hard partying also contributed to Kramer's health issues?
:lol: Yes, I imagine they contributed but I think it was a nerve injury that ultimately did him in as an NFL QB, which was a shame. I think he also suffered quite a few injuries because he was a tough SOB, a bit like Joe Kapp in that respect. Kramer didn't back down from would-be defenders.
Ah, those were the days. When men were men and partied like animals!
Shades of Bobby Layne! he was before my time but the Lions old QB was infamous for fitting that description.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

I seem to remember Kramer breaking his hand in a bar. He was trying to hit a speed bag type punching bag. He missed the bag and connected with the frame it was hanging from and wrecked his hand.
It could have been a Millard incident....but my memory says it was Kramer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Nunin wrote:I seem to remember Kramer breaking his hand in a bar. He was trying to hit a speed bag type punching bag. He missed the bag and connected with the frame it was hanging from and wrecked his hand.
Mentioning Millard, the Vikings could field quite a team of players whose careers were cut short by injury. I'm sure all teams could, but just thinking of some of the names... Kramer, Culpepper, Millard, etc... I'll think of more later after I wake up more.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Nunin wrote:I seem to remember Kramer breaking his hand in a bar. He was trying to hit a speed bag type punching bag. He missed the bag and connected with the frame it was hanging from and wrecked his hand.
I don't remember that one but it sounds like a Millard incident. :)