let's talk about Hunter

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: let's talk about Hunter

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Demi wrote: Hype? He should have been getting the majority of snaps since he was drafted. But Robison was the veteran who knew the defense, was a leader, etc etc. This exact same question came up last year and I made the case Hunter should be getting more snaps than Robison and the same questions were asked. Robison started 16 games, Hunter 0. Hunter had 5 more sacks, and 28 more tackles (total and assists). Even if he's played mostly passing situations. That big of a difference in actual production?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... counts.htm

Hunter had 238 fewer *defensive* snaps. How do you explain five more sacks and twenty more tackles in over two hundred fewer snaps?
This same question came up last year, and I'll say the same thing. Watch Robison and watch Hunter. And tell me who you'd rather see on the field on the majority of snaps...
Well, for the record I never said he shouldn't start instead of Robison. I am just skeptical of anointing him the next LT or even the next Doleman at this point.