Michael Floyd in the 'Cards' for the Vikings?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Michael Floyd in the 'Cards' for the Vikings?

Post by YikesVikes »

Floyd is a good pickup. Reliable 900 yards WR. I just dont know what we are doing at the WR position though. Expect a few cuts.
1. Diggs
2. Adam T.
3. Floyd
4. Treadwell
5. Wright
6. MoBo
7. Rookie 1
8. Rookie 2
9. Isaac F.

I know its the offseason but it looks like Wright is gling to be gone and MoBo isnt going to make the team. That still leaves 7. You have to assume one of the rookies return kicks.

I would like to see us sign another tackle to be honest. Clady on a competition deal would be ideal. Kick Remmers in artguard and and move our LT to RT.
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

SidestreamFB Pete wrote: Good hustle MikethePurple. There were definitely safer FA's out there, but we'll have to wait on the contract details. If we get him on a nice one-year prove-it deal, he has the first-round pedigree (something Zimmer loves... maybe too much) to be a solid contributor if he gets his head in the game. He isn't a chronic issue off the field or anything, criticisms of his character have been a little overblown.

The main concern is in looking at why he hasn't developed at all in his young career. Hopefully he takes this opportunity to turn his career around.
Looks like Rapaport is reporting the Vikings will sign free agent Michael Floyd to a one-year contract for $1.5 million with up to $6 million in incentives.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/ ... ael-floyd/

I have mixed feelings about it but hope it ends up for the best. Looks like a relatively low risk signing so could have a pretty good upside.
SidestreamFB Pete
Backup

Post by SidestreamFB Pete »

Yeah, at first glance I really don't like it. The dollar figure seems fair. My main concern is due to what it says about Treadwell, or at least what the coaches feel about him.
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Vikings sign Michael Floyd
Michael Floyd is heading home. Floyd, a wide receiver who grew up in St. Paul, is signing with the Vikings, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Reports last week indicated that Floyd and the...
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ael-floyd/
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Curious signing.
I don't like the fall off in production. Says to me defenders have learned his tendencies and he hasn't adapted.
Definitely don't like the DUI.
Not even remotely optimistic about this guy for some reason.
Time will tell.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Man, when Rich has his eyes set on a receiver ANYTHING will do. Havent read the thread year but id we paid more the 1,1 mil per year for a 2 yer contract, ill eat my shoes.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Man, when Rich has his eyes set on a receiver ANYTHING will do. Havent read the thread year but id we paid more the 1,1 mil per year for a 2 yer contract, ill eat my shoes.
1.5 one year, possible 6 million with incentives.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Nunin wrote:Curious signing.
I don't like the fall off in production. Says to me defenders have learned his tendencies and he hasn't adapted.
Definitely don't like the DUI.
Not even remotely optimistic about this guy for some reason.
Time will tell.
Numbers need context. Adter his 1000 yard season. AZ added both J.Browns to the roster and Fitz returned healthy. When you throw in David Johnson... the ball was distributed evenly in AZ. Only one ball to share with all those targets.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

PurpleMustReign wrote: 1.5 one year, possible 6 million with incentives.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Start eatin lol :popcorn:
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

That isn't a big contract for a veteran and unsure
of the clauses and no matter what happens dollars.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Not surprised by this move. Good player if he focuses, stays clean off the field, and if doesn't have to be the number one guy (which, he won't be here).

They may as well cut Jarius right now. I don't see him being in the plans moving forward.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

At one year and $1.5 million, what's not to like about this signing?

Michael Floyd is big (6-3) and fast (4.4). He's still young. He's got talent -- 12th overall pick in 2012. He's had success, with a 1,000-yard season and an average of about 50 catches and 5 TDs per season. And he doesn't have to be the No. 1 receiver in Minnesota.

Has he had off-field problems? Yes, he has. But if the Vikings would have eliminated all but "perfect citizens," they would have missed the boat on a couple receivers named Carter and Moss. Floyd has acknowledged his problems and says he's taking action to correct them.

At a $1.5 million base salary, it's not a huge risk, especially given his upside. And if he actually earns the extra $4.5 million in performance-based incentives that are in his contract, then he's a steal. To me, these are the kinds of contracts we should be looking for in free agency -- low-risk deals to guys who are still young, have upside, and might benefit from a change in scenery.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

At $1.5 million it's not a bad signing, but I'm not sure if we need more players at WR, or whether that $1.5 million and roster spot would be better spent elsewhere.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

It's sounds like it can be a maximum of six million
dollars if he goes nuts and very little if does not
work out this year. Great risk versus reward imo
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

MichaelFloyd‏
@MichaelMFloyd

Happy as ever!!! Can't wait to get to work #SkolVikes
Cris Carter‏
@criscarter80

I remember ppl doubting me on/off the field, a lot like Michael Floyd. This turnaround can happen again and we believe in you. Welcome home.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014