Michael Floyd in the 'Cards' for the Vikings?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Michael Floyd in the 'Cards' for the Vikings?

Post by 720pete »

Demi wrote: But the team has signed this type of player before, and repeatedly...and how often has it worked out?
The only one I can think of is Jared Allen.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Someone has to take away Rick's privileges to sign WR FA's. 9 time out of 10 they are a bust and a completely frustration. AND are over paid, when even the guy with the least common sense know it. I really am tired of Ricks moves, his vision, and everything else about him.
Last edited by PurpleKoolaid on Sat May 13, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

720pete wrote: The only one I can think of is Jared Allen.
And Cris Carter, as mentioned up thread somewhere.
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

808vikingsfan wrote:

This is the most interesting thing about this signing to me. Probably needlessly so. I remember back when the Vikes took a shot at Koren Robinson, Carter came out and was quoted as saying that he would never stay clean. After least I remember it that way. I presume he has met Floyd at some point and wonder why he's more upbeat on him.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I'm fine with the signing. The dollar is what it is, but they needed to spend somewhere at this point and on paper, it adds a nice bolster to the WR group. I think it's basically asking that one of Floyd or Treadwell step up and earn something. Better that competition then relying just on Treadwell stepping up.

I'm curious about Jarius Wright because he's shown us some good stuff in the past, but last year the injury kind of set him back, but it never felt like he was going to be a major player anyway. With that, I go back to a depth play and allowing more competition for a 3rd WR spot. Coley vs. Adams vs. Wright vs. Treadwell vs. Floyd...Can't hurt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Michael Floyd to join Vikings for spring drills after home confinement transferred

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/17/mi ... ansferred/
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:Michael Floyd to join Vikings for spring drills after home confinement transferred

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/17/mi ... ansferred/
Arrested for Extreme DUI. Is there anything higher than that?
Michael Floyd's debut with the Minnesota Vikings may come a little later than expected.

According to Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press, Floyd is set to serve a league-issued suspension stemming from his DUI charge in December. The duration of the suspension is not yet known.
As stated by Tomasson, there is precedent for the duration of the suspension, with anywhere from two to four games probably for the troubled wide receiver.

Read this observation somewhere: The Vikings currently have a 5th rounder and a UDFA starting ahead of two first rounders.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote:Arrested for Extreme DUI. Is there anything higher than that?
Super Extreme Monster Lit AF DUI
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote: Super Extreme Monster Lit AF DUI
LOL
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Is the 1.5M guaranteed? I assume the Vikings knew he'd be suspended but I wonder if there's some sort of clause if it's 50%+ of the season or something they can release him. My guess is 4 games but you never know.
SidestreamFB Pete
Backup

Post by SidestreamFB Pete »

S197 wrote:Is the 1.5M guaranteed? I assume the Vikings knew he'd be suspended but I wonder if there's some sort of clause if it's 50%+ of the season or something they can release him. My guess is 4 games but you never know.
I believe the $1.5 mil is gtd. Incentives up to $6 mil. He got his house arrest moved to Minnesota, so his timeline to join the team moves up. That was expected to be a big road block.
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

SidestreamFB Pete wrote: I believe the $1.5 mil is gtd. Incentives up to $6 mil. He got his house arrest moved to Minnesota, so his timeline to join the team moves up. That was expected to be a big road block.
They haven't announced a suspension yet?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018