Vikings decline 5th-year option on Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Vikings decline 5th-year option on Bridgewater

Post by dead_poet »

@RapSheet #Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater had a positive visit to his doc in Dallas, sources say. He got the thumbs-up to progress in rehab & move side-to-side
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Good analysis by Dr. Chao on Teddy following the team-released video:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo ... story.html

Best news: Chao doesn't see evidence of nerve damage a la Jaylon Smith:
Of significant note, Bridgewater does not appear to have any nerve damage, as can happen with knee dislocations. (See Jaylon Smith.) Bridgewater also wears an ACL-type brace that is commonly used after ligament reconstruction surgery. I anticipate he will always wear the brace, but this should not be an issue as some QBs wear one routinely to protect the lead leg.
Analysis overall consistent with team reports: good start but a long road ahead. PUP almost a certainty.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I sure hope its with the Vikes. Its not going to hurt Teddy to play a few years with Sam as the #1, and try to learn from him, and learn our offense better. If it turns out Sam's the real deal, then trade Teddy if a good opportunity comes along. But we have to see what Sam has with a decent Oline, and Cook as RB.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Whatever happens I really would like to see him play as a viking in at least one more game.