Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

who will be our C/RG combo next year?
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29802
Page 1 of 1

Author:  VikingPaul73 [ Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:30 pm ]
Post subject:  who will be our C/RG combo next year?

I'm going with:

2. Berger/Elflein


maybe Elflein can slide over to C in 2018?

Author:  jackal [ Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

I took the rookie/Cirles combo but who knows

Author:  CbusVikesFan [ Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

Elflien and Berger will line up with each other, C & G with Sirles backing up Berger. Easton backs up Elflien.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

What else does Berger play well? Can he return kicks?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Author:  Pondering Her Percy [ Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

I'm not sure why anyone would think that Berger wouldnt start somewhere. He was a top center in the league last year and the previous one

Author:  dead_poet [ Wed May 03, 2017 5:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone would think that Berger wouldnt start somewhere. He was a top center in the league last year and the previous one


Unless he retires. But yeah, it's pretty much a no-brainer that he'll "beat out" pretty much anyone else on the roster at RG.

Author:  halfgiz [ Wed May 03, 2017 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

Zimmer said he was going to try Elflein at center. Guard spot is pretty much open. I would think as long as Berger stays healthy he is guaranteed one of the spots.
Who would we have backing up Boone? He missed a couple games last year.

Author:  dead_poet [ Wed May 03, 2017 11:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

halfgiz wrote:
Who would we have backing up Boone? He missed a couple games last year.


Sirles, Isiorda or Easton most likely. Or Berger moves over and one of those other guys slides to RG.

Author:  MikethePurple [ Wed May 03, 2017 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

dead_poet wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone would think that Berger wouldnt start somewhere. He was a top center in the league last year and the previous one


Unless he retires. But yeah, it's pretty much a no-brainer that he'll "beat out" pretty much anyone else on the roster at RG.


I've heard this mentioned a couple of times. Is there talk that he is thinking of retiring? I really hope that is not the case or that could spell trouble......

Author:  Pondering Her Percy [ Wed May 03, 2017 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

MikethePurple wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone would think that Berger wouldnt start somewhere. He was a top center in the league last year and the previous one


Unless he retires. But yeah, it's pretty much a no-brainer that he'll "beat out" pretty much anyone else on the roster at RG.


I've heard this mentioned a couple of times. Is there talk that he is thinking of retiring? I really hope that is not the case or that could spell trouble......


If he was going to retire, I would imagine he would've done it by now.

Author:  MikethePurple [ Wed May 03, 2017 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.

Author:  dead_poet [ Wed May 03, 2017 12:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

MikethePurple wrote:
One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.


It's been a few months since there's been an update. Oddly, I can't find the article that mentioned it originally right now.

Author:  Mothman [ Wed May 03, 2017 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

MikethePurple wrote:
One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.


There have been rumblings (though not many) and Berger was contemplating retirement a couple of years ago. He'll turn 35 this month and he suffered a concussion last season so retirement seems like a possibility.

Author:  MikethePurple [ Wed May 03, 2017 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

Mothman wrote:
MikethePurple wrote:
One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.


There have been rumblings (though not many) and Berger was contemplating retirement a couple of years ago. He'll turn 35 this month and he suffered a concussion last season so retirement seems like a possibility.


I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed because that would definitely be a setback for a thin and unproven group already.....

Author:  Pondering Her Percy [ Wed May 03, 2017 11:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

MikethePurple wrote:

I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed because that would definitely be a setback for a thin and unproven group already.....


I think he will play this year. I mean if he retired out of nowhere, it hurts yeah but I still don't think Easton and Elflein are a bad combo either. I'm kind of an Easton fan for whatever reason. I like his toughness and physicality.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/