Try and be Positive.....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Try and be Positive.....

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: But most importantly, it's not positive! :)

I've created a new thread for the red zone play calling talk:

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/view ... =1&t=29789
Lol, all of the threads usually blend together... I have no idea which one I am reading half the time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Lol, all of the threads usually blend together... I have no idea which one I am reading half the time.

So where DO you think Peterson will finally land?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I agree. You rarely, if ever, see New England or even Green Bay play like that. To. Me it is cowardly and stupid.

Being positive here. It's actually smart with the defense they have and the running game they used to have. Control the clock and play field position. With the emphasis moving away from a run first offense, I believe the Vikings will be forced to take more chances on offense.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

[quote="fiestavike"

Chucking the ball up looking for a high point reception is only consistently effective if you draw a mismatch. Otherwise its a pretty low percentage play. I'm not sure how well Treadwell's skill set is going to match up, but I feel like his best chance to contribute might be in the slot. His excellent run blocking could make him a kind of hybrid TE, providing a mismatch in the run game. Slot corners provide a height mismatch, maybe they bring a CB2 into the slot out of position, maybe they play a S on him and open up a deep shot for Diggs or Thielen, force the FS to be deep and maybe you get a LB on Rudolph, bring another S on Rudolph and there's nobody deep. Treadwell on the outside doesn't do much to create mismatches outside of Josh Robinson being the other teams CB2, or in heavy sets in the run game, where you get 3 TEs out on the field but maintain (hopefully) a two WR set. Other than 2TE sets with Treadwell wide, I think you create a lot more possibilities with him in the slot.[/quote]

Great post......I really like your thoughts on how to use Treadwell.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

autobon7 wrote: Great post......I really like your thoughts on how to use Treadwell.
Thanks!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins