Headed toward disaster?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Headed toward disaster?

Post by Nunin »

RFIP wrote: If Teddy even "appears" healthy his agent, doing his job, WILL force the Vikings to activate him and not put him on PUP. THAT ends all talk of his deal being "nulled" and the Vikings lose their option of having until next March to pick up his 5th (then 6th) year option so....if that happens the Vikings may need to play Bridgewater sooner rather than later to see if he can play. Even if he's just dressed it will be a MAJOR distraction to this team not to mention divide the players as they will constantly be asked what they think about each guy.

Will not be an atmosphere conducive to winning, period.
I'm not convinced TB's agent could force the FO into medical decisions based on appearances. IF TB has medical clearance then he will most likely get a chance to suit up and participate....but until he gets that clearance, he's headed to the PUP list.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It's Sam's job to lose. As long as he performs, there's no reason to bench him nor will they. This is an entirely different situation from Philly, the Vikings didn't go out and grab a rookie after having Sam as the starter, it was the exact opposite.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

S197 wrote:It's Sam's job to lose. As long as he performs, there's no reason to bench him nor will they. This is an entirely different situation from Philly, the Vikings didn't go out and grab a rookie after having Sam as the starter, it was the exact opposite.
http://www.startribune.com/sam-bradford ... 425938263/
Sam Bradford isn't looking over his shoulder, but knows Teddy Bridgewater is there

Not long after the Vikings’ buses rolled up to Cedar Park Elementary in Apple Valley yesterday and the players and coaches spread out to finish building the new playground there, two quarterbacks were spotted kneeling in a quiet corner of the schoolyard with paintbrushes, side by side.

Teddy Bridgewater, the team’s quarterback of the past and maybe the future again eventually, painted in purple. Sam Bradford, the quarterback of the present, dipped his paintbrush in yellow. Their smiles and small talk seemed genuine as they used wooden storage bins as their canvases.

It’s been five months since coach Mike Zimmer announced that Bradford would be his starting QB in 2017 and used his post-season press conference to also encourage Bridgewater to worry only about his rehab.

Bridgewater has certainly done his part, making enough progress since his devastating knee injury last August to be cleared to drop back and throw passes to uncovered receivers during the past few weeks of practice. “He still has a long way to go,” Zimmer cautioned last week, but Bridgewater is now out there for OTAs, literally looking over Bradford’s shoulder.

Bradford said he is not worried about how that could affect his status.

“You’re always trying to earn your spot,” Bradford said during a break from painting. “I think in this business you have to step on the field every day and prove it regardless of where you’re at or who you are.”

Bradford, who twice tore his ACL while playing for the St. Louis Rams early in his career, reiterated that he feels for Bridgewater and is “proud” of him for pushing so hard to play again after a more severe knee injury.

“Obviously, I’ve been there,” he said. “I’ve gone through it. I know how tough it is physically and mentally. And to see him and how hard he’s working and the things he’s doing, I couldn’t be more proud of him.”

But Bradford knows a Bridgewater comeback would complicate things for the Vikings, who can’t commit to both as their quarterback of the future. Bradford, in a contract year, again said they have not approached his camp about a new deal. And with optimism about Bridgewater steadily rising, the Vikings seem content to take a wait-and-see approach.

Bradford said he would be fine with that. In 2015, after the Rams traded him to the Philadelphia Eagles, he played out the final year of his contract that season and earned his current two-year deal a couple months later. If he remains the starter and plays even better than he did in 2016 behind one of the NFL’s worst offensive lines, he will cash in somewhere.

“It really doesn’t change my approach,” he said about being in limbo. “I really haven’t even thought about it to be honest with you. So it kind of is what it is and you just approach it one day at a time. My goal is to come each day and get better and that’s how I’m always going to be.”

Bridgewater, meanwhile, still has not talked on the record since getting hurt. But his positivity remains infectious. While Bradford talked, he bounced around the playground, posing for pictures with kids and teachers. He stopped moving for a moment to say hey, shake my hand and crack a corny joke, his grin making it impossible not to laugh, too.

Then it was back to work for Teddy. There was plenty left to be done.
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/6/26 ... nee-injury

Derek Carr's record contract will muddy the waters for the Vikings quarterback future...
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Please just let Bradford be the starter week 1!
He played great last year.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I think that Teddy needs to be on the pup list before training camp starts. Lets see what happens.