2017 draft thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2017 draft thread

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Where in blue blazes are we with punters at the moment? Last I saw we signed some awful dude that was one of the worst in the league or something. Any guys in the draft worth anything?
There is one from Idaho that is supposed to be pretty good. On one of those draft sites I took him in the 7th round twice and got an A+ both times.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Austin Rehkow

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

PurpleMustReign wrote: There is one from Idaho that is supposed to be pretty good. On one of those draft sites I took him in the 7th round twice and got an A+ both times.

Austin Rehkow
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Elijah Lee is the pick. well that will make some on here happy :v):
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

VikingPaul73 wrote:Elijah Lee is the pick. well that will make some on here happy :v):
:banana:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Lots of excitement on #VikingsTwitter for Lee. WLB prospect I've seen some have a 5th round grade.

https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/sta ... 5820310529
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:Lots of excitement on #VikingsTwitter for Lee. WLB prospect I've seen some have a 5th round grade.

https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/sta ... 5820310529

Terrible pick. Typical Rick. :tongue:
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

NFC South could be the best division in football next year

Falcons
Panthers
Bucs
Saints
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

VikingPaul73 wrote:NFC South could be the best division in football next year

Falcons
Panthers
Bucs
Saints

POssible, but I think Panthers 7-9, Saints 5-11...but who knows
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

Elijah Lee left KState early to get drafted in the 7th round. Wonder if he would like to take a mulligan.

Ben Leber on Elijah Lee: "Lee is a stud. Has a nose for the ball and runs with his hair on fire." Hope Leber is right but he played at KState so I suppose there is at least some bias there.

Ifeadi Obendigbo (#220) looks very similar to Stephen Weatherly who we took at #227 last year.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Pseudo Everything wrote:Elijah Lee left KState early to get drafted in the 7th round. Wonder if he would like to take a mulligan.

Ben Leber on Elijah Lee: "Lee is a stud. Has a nose for the ball and runs with his hair on fire." Hope Leber is right but he played at KState so I suppose there is at least some bias there.

Ifeadi Obendigbo (#220) looks very similar to Stephen Weatherly who we took at #227 last year.
I bet the QB from VT regrets coming out early too. I don't even know if he was drafted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... raft-class
Best move: Few expected Dalvin Cook to still be available with the 41st overall pick, and the Vikings' decision to move up in the second round could add an impressive playmaker to an offense that badly needs one. Cook can contribute as a running back and a receiver, and he'll fit well with Pat Shurmur's West Coast offense, provided he can leave behind the people that caused him to get in some trouble at Florida State.

Riskiest move: We'll use this space to focus more on a move the Vikings didn't make: While the tackle position was thin in this draft, it's still worth noting the Vikings didn't take one in the first six rounds, using a fourth-round pick on Michigan linebacker Ben Gedeon instead of a tackle such as Bucknell's Julien Davenport or USC's Zach Banner. The Vikings improved the tackle position in free agency with Riley Reiff and Mike Remmers, but they're an injury away from using a player such as T.J. Clemmings again in 2017. -- Ben Goessling
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Looking back on the Bradford deal I don't think it's that bad because they would have had to use that pick on a QB anyways. Teddy isn't ever playing again and I'd rather have Bradford than any of the QBs in this year's draft. Watson might be good but who knows if he would have been there
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

We didn't draft a single tackle. Pretty typical, I don't know why I am even surprised. Not a single safety? Who gives a #### about depth there I guess. No quarterback - which is the typical ignorance and arrogance I have come to expect from this organization.

We traded back and STILL failed to draft Brad Kaaya and Zane Gonzalez - both players who we were targeting heavily. :lol:

Best Picks: Jaleel Johnson, Bucky Hodges, Elijah Lee

Worst Picks: Ben Gedeon, Rodney Adams, Stacy Coley
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:We didn't draft a single tackle. Pretty typical, I don't know why I am even surprised. Not a single safety? Who gives a #### about depth there I guess. No quarterback - which is the typical ignorance and arrogance I have come to expect from this organization.
Spielman drafts like he's playing a game. :(